Ipswich confirm interest in Ameobi loan deal

Baggio

Guest guinness_fiend

Having a medical at Ipswich according to the Journal

http://betsydevine.com/blog/pictures/AnnetteFun.gif

Please, for the love of God, let this be true.

How would everyone feel if we replaced Ameobi with another cheapish striker (Healy?)? I personally think for similar money it would be a big improvement, although not exciting.

Pointless TBH. Not finding a replacement, just replacing him with someone who isn't that good either.

If we are to replace him it's either got to be ready made striker such as Santa Cruz etc or a younster who could be good for us in a few years i.e Derdiyok.

There's no excuse for signing shite players, i'd rather give Carroll a chance.

I still think Keegan rates Smith which is the most disappointing thing.

Out of the 2 i'd rather have Shola stay, Cheaper and 10 times as skillful as smith

The ideal would both to piss off and get some top quality replacements but I ain't holding my breath

Out of the 2 i'd rather have Shola stay, Cheaper and 10 times as skillful as smith

The ideal would both to piss off and get some top quality replacements but I ain't holding my breath

yes. like ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud :)

yes. like ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud :)

Bollocks man, that horse is lame.  :lol:

How would everyone feel if we replaced Ameobi with another cheapish striker (Healy?)? I personally think for similar money it would be a big improvement, although not exciting.

Pointless TBH. Not finding a replacement, just replacing him with someone who isn't that good either.

If we are to replace him it's either got to be ready made striker such as Santa Cruz etc or a younster who could be good for us in a few years i.e Derdiyok.

There's absolutely NO reason why we shouldn't put an offer in for Santa Cruz regardless of whether we sell Shola or not. Agree that Healy would be a pointless signing.

Guest neesy111

There's absolutely NO reason why we shouldn't put an offer in for Santa Cruz regardless of whether we sell Shola or not. Agree that Healy would be a pointless signing.

problem there is viduka, owen, martins and another top striker, we can't keep them happy especially when we're not in europe

There's no excuse for signing s**** players, i'd rather give Carroll a chance.

problem there is viduka, owen, martins and another top striker, we can't keep them happy especially when we're not in europe

with their injury record I think you might as well count them as 2 strikers.  I see no problem with having another.

i reckon derdiyok is the man. currentl we have only 1 big striker and viduka is injured a lot. derdiyok gets around the back 4 and costs roughly the same as ameobi's fee. looked decent with more potential at the euros

You have to take into account the fact that Viduka will play his usual 20 games maximum next season :)

Guest guinness_fiend

Dean Ashton to replace Shola!!!

Dean Windass to replace Shola!!!

Dean Saunders to replace Dean Windass

Torvill and Dean to replace Dean Saunders as our most exciting front two to date.

Guest guinness_fiend

Dean Ashton to replace Shola!!!

Dean Windass to replace Shola!!!

Dean Saunders to replace Dean Windass

Torvill and Dean to replace Dean Saunders as our most exciting front two to date.

Brian Deane to replace Torvill and Deane as we change back to 4-5-1.

Dean Cain to replace Brian Deane in order to increase our squad superhero quota to two.

Aside from the fact that there's no evidence whatsoever to suggest we are or ever were in for Derdiyok, how do we know if the lad's any better than Ameobi?

He had a decent-ish Euros, but far from anything impressive and it's not like tournament performances are worth anything anyway. Hell, Kazim Kazim had a far better tournament than he did.