SJP Free Open Day (nothing happened)

Willow

http://www.andycorriganphotography.co.uk/assets/images/db_images/db_NQ58-St_james_park1.jpg

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1359084,00.html

St James' will open at 9.30am and supporters are asked to come along early to the Sir John Hall Stand to take their seats. The East Stand will also be open to official club members. Please note: juveniles must be accompanied by a responsible adult. (kev)

At 10am, renowned football freestylers Jeremy Lynch and Britain's Got Talent finalist Billy Wingrove will also take to the pitch to show off their range of dazzling football skills.

Then it's the turn of Kevin Keegan and his players to emerge just before 10.30am for a training session that will last until midday.

The last time United held an open day, in 2006, over 12,000 fans came along to enjoy the day.

After training John Beresford will head for Shearer's Bar where he will take part in a question and answer session that begins at 12.30pm.

Various claims are circulating that Fabricio Coloccini will be officially unveiled as a Newcastle player - and could also be joined by one or two other new signings at SJP.

Anyone here coming to check it out?

I shall be there... :pow:

There will be no unaccompanied children, chavs etc allowed in.

Yep, I'm gonna ask the gf if she fancies it, but even if she doesn't I'm dragging her along anyway ;)

edit: .com say that "Various claims are circulating that Fabricio Coloccini will be officially unveiled as a Newcastle player - and could also be joined by one or two other new signings at SJP."

ooh la la  :celb:

Does anyone know if this is a spur of the moment thing or if its been planned for a while ??

Also if it's chucking it down tomorrow, which it's forecast to do, will this still go ahead ??

My son is wanting me to take him but don't fancy getting on a train at 7am only to get there and it's been rained off lol

Guest want_nufc_to_be_big_club

So the rumour is that tomorrow we will announce the signings of Colo,Taiwo...and someone else :yikes: :yikes:

Does anyone know if this is a spur of the moment thing or if its been planned for a while ??

Also if it's chucking it down tomorrow, which it's forecast to do, will this still go ahead ??

My son is wanting me to take him but don't fancy getting on a train at 7am only to get there and it's been rained off lol

im fairly sure footballers still trian when its raining.

Its been planned for a while now, it was successful last year so they're doing it again now. I hope its a regular event as it gets people interested in the club, the players and the city. Free is the best price of them all too :D

tbh I have no idea about if it can be rained off. Surely they'd train through the rain, just as they would any other training session...?

When it rains they just close the giant roof across the top of the stadium and put the heating on, it's lovelee!

:kasper: :kasper:

No, seriously they will still train.  It is better for the foreigners to get used to being soaked and freezing as soon as possible.

When it rains they just close the giant roof across the top of the stadium and put the heating on, it's lovelee!

:kasper: :kasper:

Seriously, have you not read about the large heaters they're installing for winter time? they rotate to warm the crowd before the players get onto the pitch.

Heres a photo from the official site if you don't believe me...

http://i34.tinypic.com/55kys4.png

:aww:

"A quick word with sly sports news?"

"em no sorry like but I feel I can't talk to you or Dave will cringe"

"who's Dave"

"He is the chav police"

"the waht"

"the chav police, he dies everytime you lot on here hunt out the thickets chavs you can find to talk to"