The nerves are back

Dave

I think you long time fans are fighting the urge to think about that 5-0 from back in the day.

What a day that was.

No lie. Game 1 of the World Series. Spent all day thinking about it and got smashed 12-1.

Would have been Heaven/Hell if I knew about this club back then.

Guest britvicpotter

All the best today boys and girls ( we only hate Man Utd ) gooo on the toon  :clap2:

Apart from when you play us that is 

More nervous about this one than Manu, but i guess its the same for a lot of folks.

Agreed with the OP, nerves are back, the desire to watch matches are back instead of being forced through them, i couldn't take my eyes off the Manu game, and at one point i felt like i was having a semi heart attack, it was magic.  :colo:

change the thread title to "the love is back" for me dave

my interest in/love of football generally, combined with how abject we'd become recently, had basically crashed through the floor

i'm loving it again, got a new lease of life...amazing what one game can do for you; we might never challenge for the title again but as long as the people in charge (manager up to owner) continue to act in the way they have been and we make good football the priority for NUFC i'm sold

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think we'll struggle tomorrow.

We looked like we could be a very good away side this year with the pace of Jonas and Martins

Being on the front foot, and trying to break them down, is going to be a difficult proposition

An early goal is vital

No where near as worried about this than Man U, yes against Man U we weren't expected to get anything and against a team like Bolton at home you would expect to take 3 points, but last weekend was the first game of the season and I didn't know what to expect, How would our team look? Would our new signings cope with the Premiership etc.

Wasn't nervous last week, I predicted a 1 - 1 result at work and won myself some loot!

This week I'm not really nervous either, just looking forward to the game.

Bolton will be tough, but no matter what we will play the right way and play to win, so we will be in with a very good chance of a result.

Wasn't nervous last week, I predicted a 1 - 1 result at work and won myself some loot!

This week I'm not really nervous either, just looking forward to the game.

Bolton will be tough, but no matter what we will play the right way and play to win, so we will be in with a very good chance of a result.

You a pirate by trade?

No where near as worried about this than Man U, yes against Man U we weren't expected to get anything and against a team like Bolton at home you would expect to take 3 points, but last weekend was the first game of the season and I didn't know what to expect, How would our team look? Would our new signings cope with the Premiership etc.

I am actually more concerned about tomorrow. I wasn't expecting anything from Old Trafford, but this is the sort of game we need to win if we want to achieve anything this season.

I am actually more concerned about tomorrow. I wasn't expecting anything from Old Trafford, but this is the sort of game we need to win if we want to achieve anything this season.

Ditto. I was expecting a bit of a pasting from Man Utd and the result and performance has raised my expectations for tomorrow.

I'm really nervous about tomorrow, tbh. It's a very important game for us, as I feel we still don't quite know how good our squad really is, and it's a game we really should win. A win tomorrow and we'll all look forward to a great season, but if we don't, we'll be worrying that we might be in for another season of cack.

I'm really nervous about tomorrow, tbh. It's a very important game for us, as I feel we still don't quite know how good our squad really is, and it's a game we really should win. A win tomorrow and we'll all look forward to a great season, but if we don't, we'll be worrying that we might be in for another season of cack.

given manu & arsenal if we get 6 point from the first 4 games it's a good start imo

win tomorrow and we could be looking at 7-8 once the hull games over (can't see us getting much at arsenal personally, as good as we were on sunday) and it'll be a massive confidence boost to players & fans

just need to bury these anti-football merchants tomorrow to get properly started