Manchester United 1 - 1 Newcastle - 17/08/08 - post match reaction from page 26

Dave

I think we should put milner up front with martins and duff on the wing. I would also take butt off and put Geremi on, can't be any worse can he?

No need IMO, we're playing well, we're level, the last thing we want to do is go making substitutions.

Spot on. Sure not all of them are firing on all cylinders, but we're asking for trouble changing it already.

Which genius at Sky thought it would be a good idea to employ Jamie Redknapp and Dion Dublin as pundits?

They come out with the most dull, generic, cliched crap.

"No, we are not related."

Guest LucaAltieri

Jonas skinning Rooney is just a gif in the waiting tbh.

I can sense Dave waving his ban-hammer around already.

So pissed off with Vidic bodycheck on Jonas.

You could clearly see Vidic looking straight at Jonas on the replay, was just looking to take him out.

Could/should have been a pen, then again had the roles been reversed for that Milner handball been we'd be claiming a pen too and rightly so.

Guest musika

Wish Milner would push up more or at least try something more positive with his passes because passing it back to Beye/Taylor is useless. We're not even keeping possession any longer because the defenders pump it back up anyway.

Overall, a pretty good half, innit? We can win this. Howay the lads!

Err - For the first 30 minutes we had barely touched the ball. If Deco or Iniesta did what Milner has been doing, they'd be praised for controlling the tempo. When you're being outplayed and can barely get a touch on the ball, you don't try to push forward the moment you have the ball - That's fuelling the fire and ends up resulting in scrappy and rushed play. Milner has done a fantastic job at slowing the game down and giving our midfield some composure.

My 2 cents :-)

Milner's been arguably our main weak link for me, he's just painfully average. No pace, no real crossing ability, and he's not cut inside today once i don't think.

Fair enough. I personally think that Milner is very underrated and is one of the more technically gifted English players around, but that's just me.

And by the way - I think his lack of pace and "real crossing ability" is why he should be playing in central midfield - His passing, close control and creativity make him a perfect candidate as an attacking midfielder.

Very impressed with us, we've gone to old trafford and arguably edged it first half, well done lads lets keep it up second half!

Absolute quality seeing the glory hunting wanker man u fans faces when our goal went in. They looked disgusted ha ha

Very unlucky with their goal, Taylor going off injured really cost us , he came back on but still doesn't look right despite otherwise having a good game.

Guthrie has loked good, gives us height in midfield and is good in the air, Milner has been very good, Oba (springs on his feet) Martins looks dangerous as does Jonas,who was denied a cast iron penalty/freekick, Butt hasn't played as bad as i thought he would, some good tackles. Colo looked a little rusty/wobbly early on but has got better as the games gone on. Given excellent world class double save, Zoggy isn't a LB (he's good on the break but his passing suspect), Duff has been poor, not done much at all maybe swap him and zoggy.

Very worried that Faye is going as an injury to Colo and/or Taylor and we have an unproven Bassong 6'0 and Edgar 6'0 . The likes of Carew/Ashton would have a field day. We need a very good big solid CB (like Faye).

Riley fucking bottled it when Jonas was brought down on the edge of the box after his great run. Replays show he could have still been getting onto the ball left unhampered.

Aye he's a twat, then gives that one against Coloccini.