BEFORE EVERYONE GETS CARRIED AWAY - Lets consider this...

Crumpy Gunt

We have just played Man Utd you FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL, one point is excellent, Iam excited and Iam bloody well going to enjoy it !!!!!!!!!! We dont get much to celebrate supporting Newcastle United FC

I feel you could have done better crumpy, I have come to expect better from you.

It's a two part effort.  Later on there'll be a knock at the door and you'll open it to find nothing but a dog turd on your welcome mat, with a note reading "mong!" attached. 

Just been pointed out to me:

This time last season, Reading went to Old Trafford and came away with an unlikely point.

9 months later, they were relegated.

:undecided:

I wondered how long it would be til this came up :lol:

Just been pointed out to me:

This time last season, Reading went to Old Trafford and came away with an unlikely point.

9 months later, they were relegated.

:undecided:

Was just going to post that, plus this time last year we were all singing Allardyce's praises.

I think it's essential to get a good start at home, so 3 points against Bolton and a good performance will do nicely

Wow, feels like no time at all ago everyone was sat here in ecstasy thinking Allardyce was gonna be our saviour after beating Bolton 3-1.

Although this thread is meant to be a bit jokey you could search back to last season this time when I warned if performances wer going to be like the first half at Bolton then all would be fine. But, if they were like the second half......

Very impressed by today by the way.

Wow, feels like no time at all ago everyone was sat here in ecstasy thinking Allardyce was gonna be our saviour after beating Bolton 3-1.

Although this thread is meant to be a bit jokey you could search back to last season this time when I warned if performances wer going to be like the first half at Bolton then all would be fine. But, if they were like the second half......

Yeah, if anything we played better in the second half.

Taylor doesn't go down and you put a real LB out there and we could be talking about a victory right now.

Guest thenorthumbrian

I think an understrength United dropped two points today.

Still we will be stronger when Owen and Viduka are fit.

I think an understrength United dropped two points today.

Still we will be stronger when Owen and Viduka are fit.

I would say we gained a point really, I wasn't expected US to get anything ;)

high praise indeed!

Yeah, if anything we played better in the second half.

Taylor doesn't go down and you put a real LB out there and we could be talking about a victory right now.

We've every right to wonder what would have happened had Taylor been on the pitch. I don't think we'd have conceded when we did but then they may have upped their game.  A real shame though that he was off right when they were most fired up.