So, who's signing this week?

Coxaux

Pandev

Is that just conjecture?

Is that not what this thread is about?

Had a dream a couple of nights ago (just remembered about it before) where i was in Rome getting an ice cream outside the coliseum, and the guy serving it was Goran Pandev, and he was telling me he'd been banned from training because his move to the Toon fell through, it was quite trippy. Remembered about it as i saw a pic of the coliseum on TV, so been thinking about it today.

Its about as good as most of the ITK and paper bollocks tbf. (but its not meant to be taken in that way)  :lol:

Pandev

Is that just conjecture?

Had a dream a couple of nights ago (just remembered about it before) where i was in Rome getting an ice cream outside the coliseum, and the guy serving it was Goran Pandev, and he was telling me he'd been banned from training because his move to the Toon fell through, it was quite trippy. Remembered about it as i saw a pic of the coliseum on TV, so been thinking about it today.

Its about as good as most of the ITK and paper bollocks tbf. (but its not meant to be taken in that way)  :lol:

he was linke din Jan iirc.  Quality player, might be on the cards with them signing Zarate also iirc.

Pandev

Is that just conjecture?

Sounds a bit gay if you ask me.

Did he give you a double scoop?

Guest mackas86

arshavin out of the question imo, we seem to have lowered our expectations for some reason. gone are the days when the toon punches above their weight, jonas is good and colo is an established international but where are all the big names, when we sighed guthrie i expected him to be on the fringe, challenging current players for places yet we seem content with him in the starting 11. spurs are no better than us yet they aren't afraid to go for players it seems are out of our reach (namely bentley, arshavin who i would gladly take and would do great job for the toon)

arshavin out of the question imo, we seem to have lowered our expectations for some reason. gone are the days when the toon punches above their weight, jonas is good and colo is an established international but where are all the big names, when we sighed guthrie i expected him to be on the fringe, challenging current players for places yet we seem content with him in the starting 11. spurs are no better than us yet they aren't afraid to go for players it seems are out of our reach (namely bentley, arshavin who i would gladly take and would do great job for the toon)

Spurs aren't 'better' than us but they have been more successful over the last couple of seasons, they're based in London and they have a well-known continental manager.

IMO you've got it the wrong way round with Guthrie, we shouldn't be disappointed that we're 'content with him in the starting 11', we should be amazed with what a good signing he is and how well he fits in.

Same with Colo and Jonas, yes they might not be the 'big names', but where have they got us in the past? What we need now are 100% quality, solid signings to help us build back to where we should be.

I'd love a 'wow signing' (sorry) but not at the expense of good, sensible, sustainable progress.

A few points to make.

1. I doubt many of the other teams out of the top 4 could have attracted Colo. Spurs aside.

2. Big Names? Irrelevant.

3. Content with Guthrie in the first team. He got KK's MOM praise againt the best side in europe.

4. Bentley was a good signing for Spurs but so far Jonas has looked great for a 1/4 of the price.

5. If we were punching above our weight we would not have got players, therefore it's a contradiction.

6. The clubs lowered it's expectation. Absolute fiction. That means you knew what it's expectations were in the market, which is impossible to say.

Pandev

Is that just conjecture?

I didn't ask you did I you big raving homo.

O0

Pandev

Is that just conjecture?

I didn't ask you did I you big raving homo.

O0

I'm the one not having dreams in a romantic setting whilst some tanned bloke gives me something to lick!  :pow:

Guest elbee909

It's as if you've been in a coma while Souness, Roeder and Allardyce were here, or something.  Lucky you.

Guest mackas86

im talking in relation to previous seasons when we were the club to linked with big names, but now seem to be the forgotten club with the majority of the media while spurs are linked with everyone and while i am pleased with the start guthrie made i meant when it was announced we'd signed him i never expected him to be first team straight away, more of a backup player, with a bigger name filling the midfield role

im talking in relation to previous seasons when we were the club to linked with big names, but now seem to be the forgotten club with the majority of the media while spurs are linked with everyone and while i am pleased with the start guthrie made i meant when it was announced we'd signed him i never expected him to be first team straight away, more of a backup player, with a bigger name filling the midfield role

Well I know what you mean in a way.

All I would say is that we have to remember how our previous 'success' was attained (reckless with the finances, big risks with players, a lot of expensive flops) and how fragile it was (witness the terminal decline since SBR).

We must deal with the situation as we find it, which IMO means a few more sensible seasons of signings of the quality of Jonas/Colo/Guthrie at reasonable prices.

Hopefully in 5 years or so we will be back to a position where we are attracting the players everyone else wants. Until then I think we're doing a pretty good job so far.

Guest mackas86

It's as if you've been in a coma while Souness, Roeder and Allardyce were here, or something.  Lucky you.

were we owned by a billionaire in those days? and what about souness bringing in owen, pretty big name in my opinion

Guest hikickry

i agree with the current signings being suprisingly good, but nobody here can say that, as it stands, this transfer window has been a total success. I remember the comments at the start of the window when we released all those players, wasnt the idea supposed to be: "we will bring in first teamers, quality to go straight in, and replace the bodies that have left"...well, as far as i can see, yes, we have brought in some decent players, especially jonas who was relatively unknown, but we havent even recouped the numbers we lost originally, leading to a squad as thin as shearer's scalp. yes, yes, people will say "arent you impressed with Jonas/Colo/Guthrie?", but that is not what im getting at, im just looking the people we were supposedly going for (and still could be in all fairness), arda etc. and when i see the positions that need to be filled, quickly, its hard to feel completely content. Dont get me wrong, i know it can still change, and i trust the recruitment team to a degree, but as it stands, not really good enough.  :nope:

and please, nobody get me started on tottenham "big team" hotspur... the only team capable of breaking into the top 4? wasnt that what was said last year? are people forgetting their 'slightly less dismal than ours' season? it just makes me sick when i see our team being completely written off and mocked, whilst theirs is being arse licked into next week.

:rant:

Does anyone think the "Wow" signing has since gone arse over tit?

I'm surprised the number of people who believed that rumour in the first place.

it's hardly a rumour when your owner comes out and says it

He only came out and said it in a "my dads, uncles, dogs, cousins, owner" type post on Rivals. The press picked up on it yes, but I get the feeling it's complete bollocks.

According to? ITK who claimed Ashley said that to a bunch of corporate fans?

Link?