So, who's signing this week?

Coxaux

Does anyone think the "Wow" signing has since gone arse over tit?

I'm surprised the number of people who believed that rumour in the first place.

it's hardly a rumour when your owner comes out and says it

Will this 'not a rumour' be coming with a side serving of quotes?

Hmm, it all feels too familiar. Waiting with the transfers until deadline day. We will probably end up with Sibierski again..

And how about this "wow-signing", isnt it similar to when Sir Bobby dissed Jaap Stam with the words - "I have someone better in mind" . We ended up with Titus!!

Guest elbee909

arshavin out of the question imo, we seem to have lowered our expectations for some reason. gone are the days when the toon punches above their weight, jonas is good and colo is an established international but where are all the big names, when we sighed guthrie i expected him to be on the fringe, challenging current players for places yet we seem content with him in the starting 11. spurs are no better than us yet they aren't afraid to go for players it seems are out of our reach (namely bentley, arshavin who i would gladly take and would do great job for the toon)

It's as if you've been in a coma while Souness, Roeder and Allardyce were here, or something.  Lucky you.

were we owned by a billionaire in those days? and what about souness bringing in owen, pretty big name in my opinion

So you want to be the new Chelsea, rather than a self-sustaining entity? 

And what about Owen?  A big name that's hardly been about to play.  We could do with fewer purchases like that and more Colos, more Jonases.

Spurs are in Europe.  Newcastle are not even in Europe right now, let alone the Champions League.  There's no big mystery as to why we're not going for the 'big' names here.  We've declined and it's harder to get them in.  Fair?

arshavin out of the question imo, we seem to have lowered our expectations for some reason. gone are the days when the toon punches above their weight, jonas is good and colo is an established international but where are all the big names, when we sighed guthrie i expected him to be on the fringe, challenging current players for places yet we seem content with him in the starting 11. spurs are no better than us yet they aren't afraid to go for players it seems are out of our reach (namely bentley, arshavin who i would gladly take and would do great job for the toon)

It's as if you've been in a coma while Souness, Roeder and Allardyce were here, or something.  Lucky you.

were we owned by a billionaire in those days? and what about souness bringing in owen, pretty big name in my opinion

And what about Owen?  A big name that's hardly been about to play.  We could do with fewer purchases like that and more Colos, more Jonases.

Spurs are in Europe.  Newcastle are not even in Europe right now, let alone the Champions League.  There's no big mystery as to why we're not going for the 'big' names here.  We've declined and it's harder to get them in.  Fair?

Yeah, less of this impatience. I want more relatively unknown signings I can claim are a success after 1 game.

Owen was signed when we finished 14th and were not in Europe btw.

I'd rather we made big-names than signed them.

Cisse!! .......... :blush: 0ops rang board...... :eek:

WTF does is that supposed to infer. That you're happy to have signed Cisse, well as a Newcastle supporter I'm freakin delighted you have, just wished you had spent some real money on the pile of shite.

Cisse!! .......... :blush: 0ops rang board...... :eek:

WTF does is that supposed to infer. That you're happy to have signed Cisse, well as a Newcastle supporter I'm freakin delighted you have, just wished you had spent some real money on the pile of s****.

/quote]

O0 To right im happy,why would I not be??

Guest elbee909

Yeah, less of this impatience. I want more relatively unknown signings I can claim are a success after 1 game.

Owen was signed when we finished 14th and were not in Europe btw.

Got our money's worth there, haven't we?  Paid shitloads in wages to a big-name in Michael Owen and if that doesn't show a big name guarantees little then what else does?

Keep signing more unknown internationals, that'd do me.

Fuking hell, i thought you were having a laugh. You lot actually happy you've got him in?  :lol:

Read the first post for the usual mackem reaction. Sad as fuck

Fuking hell, i thought you were having a laugh. You lot actually happy you've got him in?  :lol:

:rolleyes: Yes,yes i know,we`ve signed a load of shite,but the Tooooooon as signed world class Argies

:rolleyes: Yes,yes i know,we`ve signed a load of s****,but the Tooooooon as signed world class Argies

Factually true TBH.

:rolleyes: Yes,yes i know,we`ve signed a load of s****,but the Tooooooon as signed world class Argies

Factually true TBH.

;D ;D I must admit that dickhead that wears the spiderman mask,looked half decent against Man utd reserve\youth last week.