So, who's signing this week?

Coxaux

Guest Howaythetoon

Tiago would not be perfect, too similar to Guthrie, i.e. good technical player but not an attacking player with power and pace, which is something we lack from that area of the pitch. When the ball comes into the middle it slows down and we look pedestrian, same when those in the middle are on the ball. Today there was a huge gap between the midfield and Martins, and while I know we were mostly playing 5 in there with Duff dropping back, the central area rarely got up to support Martins and a side will need that, someone from midfield breaking forward. Owen can play there of course and I'd take that, but then we would become suspect defensively as Guthrie can't do it all himself. The solution? A beast of a midfielder in the Viera or Gerrard mould. An all-action type midfielder. That is where I'd spend the big money on personally. Barton won't suffice, from the little I've seen of him Guthrie is similar to Barton.

Tiago would not be perfect, too similar to Guthrie, i.e. good technical player but not an attacking player with power and pace, which is something we lack from that area of the pitch. When the ball comes into the middle it slows down and we look pedestrian, same when those in the middle are on the ball. Today there was a huge gap between the midfield and Martins, and while I know we were mostly playing 5 in there with Duff dropping back, the central area rarely got up to support Martins and a side will need that, someone from midfield breaking forward. Owen can play there of course and I'd take that, but then we would become suspect defensively as Guthrie can't do it all himself. The solution? A beast of a midfielder in the Viera or Gerrard mould. An all-action type midfielder. That is where I'd spend the big money on personally. Barton won't suffice, from the little I've seen of him Guthrie is similar to Barton.

I agree Martins looked isolated, but I don't think we need a 'beast' of a midfielder, just a more decisive one going forward. Duff should have been the one today, but he doesn't attack with any real intent. You might as well play Guthrie there if you want a few turns and tidy passes sideways.

Guest Howaythetoon

I agree Martins looked isolated, but I don't think we need a 'beast' of a midfielder, just a more decisive one going forward. Duff should have been the one today, but he doesn't attack with any real intent. You might as well play Guthrie there if you want a few turns and tidy passes sideways.

To be fair to Duff, he was deployed in an unusual way for him, his job was to play alongside Martins when he could, drop off to link up when the game was in transitional phase and to help the midfield defensively when we were being attacked, he was basically asked to play 3 type of games more than likely based on his fitness and new found stamina which all credit, he gave a good go of and I think a good account of all things considered. He rarely wasted a ball, tried to join up with Martins and defensively helped out a great deal. He didn't attack them or take the game to them of course even when there were chances to do so (ala Jonas), but I won't condemn him for that, not in the context of his role today and the opposition. Lets not forget how formidable a back-four they have. He did a team job and I'll accept more performances like that on the road from him, he can play more adventurous at home which I think he'll be urged to do by KK and indeed fans.

You're not asking much like.

Guest Howaythetoon

No different to most with demands for playmakers, centre-forwards etc.

I'd be happy with an unknown with such attributes personally.

No different to most with demands for playmakers, centre-forwards etc.

I'd be happy with an unknown with such attributes personally.

the next palacios imo

We should go for a beast, mayb we should try and go for Diarra from Real Madrid or Toulalan or maybe Diego or howbout Kaka...

HOWAY THE LADS!

WE BREAKING INTO THE TOP 4 this seasoN!

Creative midfielder...

Like who?

realistic: turan, jimenez, stankovic (apparently fell out with mourinho), shunsuke nakamura, ...

unrealistic: diego, obi mikel, alonso...

players that has good vision that can spread the ball to all sides of the pitch as well as good dribbling attempt to skip opponent defense occasionally...

Hoping we can get Tiago & Saviola on loan, then look at a replacement for Faye (Burdisso) and competition for Enrique (Warnock)

If we can get that were laughing, if we could bring in Derdiyok as well then the summer has been a success.