Bolton (H) 23/08/08 @ 3pm

Nobody

Agree great news regards Michael Owen; having him fit enough to be a impact sub could be important tomorrow.

It will be interesting test for the new partnership of Taylor and Coloccini dealing with the great amount of aerial and diagonal balls that Bolton are bound to deliver. Last week Keegan said he emphasized on limiting the amount of ball Manchester United had making it clear "if they have 60 or 70 per cent of the ball over 90 minutes they will beat you" this week limiting the amount of set-pieces and corners we give them will be the key to a good result.

Due to Bolton strengths I think it makes sense that Enrique comes back into the defense, i'd be tempted to oust Damien Duff from the side and get N'Zogbia going again down the Left again while moving Guetirrez up top with Obafemi Martins, we saw last week some great link up between the two twice Guetirrez joining up with him with great effect with Martins playing him in on goal.

Given

Taylor      Coloccini      

Beye                                   Enrique

Butt

Guthrie

Milner                                 N'Zogbia          

Guetirrez

Martins

Subs- Owen, Smith, Duff, Geremi, Cacapa, Bassong, Harper

Fairly strong options on the bench also.  :thup:

Newcastle 2 v 0 Bolton

martins double

Given

Taylor      Coloccini      

Beye                                   Enrique

Butt

Guthrie

Milner                                 N'Zogbia          

Guetirrez

Martins

Subs- Owen, Smith, Duff, Geremi, Cacapa, Bassong, Harper

I quite like that line-up. Jonas and Martins linked up very well at OT, and playing Jonas a bit further up might give them more balls to play between them.

Think we'll see Duff in that role, with Zoggy at left back though, same as last week.

Got to say I'm more concerned about this game than I was about the Manure match, I had a feeling we would get somehting from that one. But my gut feeling here is that we'll be frustrated, hope I'm wrong, but it would not surprise me if, we dominated for huge chunks of the game but still lost this one 0-1 :(

I really hope we batter Bolton tomorrow, I just really despise them.

My prediction is 3-0.

Martins, Jonas and Smith to score.

yes, I just wrote Smiths name. I can feel a miracle about to happen and its due tomorrow.....

Guest BeatMakerz

Should be the same team as last week,maybe with Duff and Milner pushing on abit more with it being at St James Park.  :clap2:

Guest Geordiesned

So what's everyone's plans for the first home game of the season? :)

I'll be out between half 11 and 12 I think for a few slurps. Then out till I drop afterwards taking on board a ruby murray along the way. :indi:

Guest Geordiesned

Woohoo,  options on the bench,  get in.  I'd give hima  20-30 min runout to bag the 4th.

It would be daft bringing him on only to take him off again before half time.

Hence why he'd come on 20-30 mins towards the end.

Whatever happened to that <whoosh> smiley? :p

Woohoo,  options on the bench,  get in.  I'd give hima  20-30 min runout to bag the 4th.

I don' know whether I'm being whooshed or him his post doesn't make sense unless you bring him on after 10 mins.

I'll be out between half 11 and 12 I think for a few slurps. Then out till I drop afterwards taking on board a ruby murray along the way. :indi:

Hitting town about 12, drinking round central and moving up as time progresses.

^^ As above.

Guest Nufc4Life

Depends when i get into Newcastle.

Probably about 1ish so will have a few then before kick off.

Got to take it a little steady as im up at 7 for Creamfields on Sunday morning, but we'll see!

Guest optimistic nit

I don' know whether I'm being whooshed or him his post doesn't make sense unless you bring him on after 10 mins.

:lol: 2 in a row.

Just a curious thought about todays attendance,the club have announced cash turnstiles for level 7,so since i woke early i went on the new seating plan and counted the seats available for the whole of level 7 it's only 478 ,could maybe cause a few upset youngn's as they are advertising 17 quid for kids.ps i sit in the leazes east corner & we need 71 to sell out!!!(sad eh)