Bolton (H) 23/08/08 @ 3pm

Nobody

If we use our pace I can't see too much of a problem. We're at home so we should go out looking to frustrate them and getting them to give away corners and dangerous free kicks. Bolton may be on a high after beating Stoke, but with us having held the champions of Europe in their own backyard the crowd will be really up for this.

I think we'll win and the scoreline won't reflect our performance either. Martins to be on the warpath aswell.

According to the Ronnie Gill, Graeme Danby will be doing a rendition of the Blaydon Races again.

Superb!

:clap:

He's doing it 4 times this season, first and last home games plus the mackems and smoggies unless he was already booked for any of those dates before the fixtures came out.

Whats the crowd going to be like? With season ticket sales down and the fuck up with the tickets being sent out are we looking at thousands of empties on Sat?

Hope our Argies dont get injured midweek.

Would have thought after last week and first home game etc it will be close to if not sold out.  Should imagine it will be a good atmosphere as well.  KK wants it to be a fortress again, who could disagree.  Bring it on.

They will provide a tough test but if the crowd are patient, right behind the team and we play like we did last week, we should batter them. 

Also, be interesting to see what the new signing section will do to improve the atmosphere as well.

Whats the crowd going to be like? With season ticket sales down and the f*** up with the tickets being sent out are we looking at thousands of empties on Sat?

Would have thought after last week and first home game etc it will be close to if not sold out.  Should imagine it will be a good atmosphere as well.  KK wants it to be a fortress again, who could disagree.  Bring it on.

They will provide a tough test but if the crowd are patient, right behind the team and we play like we did last week, we should batter them. 

Also, be interesting to see what the new signing section will do to improve the atmosphere as well.

Oh aye, forgot about that.

Whats the crowd going to be like? With season ticket sales down and the f*** up with the tickets being sent out are we looking at thousands of empties on Sat?

Can't wait to sit in me new seat amongst the mentalists and help provide some noise.  I just hope it inspires others to sing around the ground! :)

If we attack Bolton like we did manu then we'll win this game comfortably even with Bolton playing 10 men behind the ball.

Still a potential banana skin of a game, especially with the new found optimism and confidence kicking in from last week.

Can't wait to sit in me new seat amongst the mentalists and help provide some noise.  I just hope it inspires others to sing around the ground! :)

Me and my brother will be there as well, so that's at least 3 singing.

I think we should line up as:

---------------------Given-------------

----Beye------Taylor------Collocini----Enrique---

----Jonas------Butt-----Guthrie------Duff--------

------------------Owen--------Martins---------

Thats IF Owens fit.

I think we'll win 3-0 and Danny Guthrie will score. :smug:

I'm thinking we breeze this one. The lads look confident and an early goal will send us on our way. I imagine it'll be a game similar to our matches against Fulham and Reading towards the end of last season. Score early, dominate possession and finish things off in the second half.

We must win this game though.

Considering we're going to Arsenal after, we need to get as many points on the board as possible.

7pts from our 1st 4 games is a great start i reckon.

That's what we should be aiming for now.

We must win this game though.

Considering we're going to Arsenal after, we need to get as many points on the board as possible.

7pts from our 1st 4 games is a great start i reckon.

That's what we should be aiming for now.

Agreed. I reckon we can get a draw at Arsenal. But again, we'll have to perform to a similar standard of the Man Utd performance.

Guest Guinness

I think this will be a difficult game, but it's vital we win in order to carry on the good work started at OT. Bolton will have taken a lot of confidence from their win over Stoke and as always will try to come here and impose themselves physically. If we play with the attacking intent and defensive stability shown against Manchester United with the crowd fully behind us we should have every chance of winning the game. With Arsenal away next it's pretty important we pick up our first three points of the season this weekend.

I would have taken 4 or 6 points from the first 4 games to be honest, but after our start I think 7/8 is now achievable.

Let's face it, Bolton beating Stoke doesn't suddenly make them a good side. Elmander and Davies will be a handful, but other than that we should dominate the game. Hopefully they will only play one of them and give us an advantage straightaway.

Just hoping for another positive performance, if we deliver that we should pick up the win.

Guest neesy111

we've already equaled our points total against the top four this season compare to last season, with 7 games to go

Guest Glorious Given

Expect Bolton to have 9 men behind the ball with long balls booted to Davies and Elmander upfront

We will do well to break them down and it could be a really frustrating game.

Yes, expect this to happen - we desperately need an early goal, and if that happens, I reckon its going to be a 3-1 win...if we fail to score by 10 mins into the second half, we will be up against it ; Megson had them organised last time, but Guttierez could be the key - attacking them at pace down the flanks could undo their discipline but it won't be easy. I hope Owen is match-fit, because his opportunism could be vital.

We are back to square one if we lose this game, as we have Arsenal away after it...

I remember the Bolton game last season (KK's first game back) finishing 0-0 with us failing to break them down, but I think we have a better chance now.

For one thing we have some better players in, like Spidey and Guthrie, who could create something, plus Oba and hopefully Owen back, not to mention the two late goals against Valencia! Also the team seemed very determined in the second half not to let it slip against Man U, and that determination could help again on Saturday, albeit with us needing to score rather than needing to protect a point...

So pretty confident, 2-0 Martins and Guthrie  O0

Guest Stephen927

Hoping they come here playing for a 0-0 and we absolutely trash them from the get go.

2-0 is my prediction, Guthrie and Coloccini to score.