Doing the double over Sunderland...

bulivye
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest BooBoo

Just like last year Keane has spunked a load of money on has beens and squad fillers. Still firmly expect a bottom half finish from them.

Guest hikickry

Sunderland have made some good signings and I predict it will be difficult for us to beat them this year.

That's a shame, as they deserve to be thrashed roundly every time they take the field.

i dont think their signings are so decent: teemu tainio, goofy diouf, pascal "mercenary" chimbonda - what is there to fear? im confident jonas can rip them a new arsehole, wherever we play them.  :pow:

They've added a few decent players and a bit of pace with Cisse but I don't think they've really improved the centre of the defence - at least not to my knowledge. They've lost their best defender from last season, Evans, and aren't left with many good options. I'm looking forward to McShane marking Owen again.

Guest Definitely Maybe

They've added a few decent players and a bit of pace with Cisse but I don't think they've really improved the centre of the defence - at least not to my knowledge. They've lost their best defender from last season, Evans, and aren't left with many good options. I'm looking forward to McShane marking Owen again.

Nosworthy is better than Evans.

McShane won't get anywhere near the first team.

Nosworthy is better than Evans.

McShane won't get anywhere near the first team.

Nah, Evans is better than Nosworthy.

Nosworthy is awful.

Think he's decent actually. Consistent if not spectacular. Not sure if he's better than Evans though.

Pretty sure SBR had some good words about him too.

Played pretty well against Liverpool I thought.

Nosworthy is awful.

Think he's decent actually. Consistent if not spectacular. Not sure if he's better than Evans though.

Pretty sure SBR had some good words about him too.

Played pretty well against Liverpool I thought.

So did I, he's been shit every other time I've seen him though.

Unfortunately, they will be much stronger this year with their new signings.

Apparently, they have signed Healey from Fulham and Ferdinand from WHU today, so they are going to be stronger this year. With Jones still to come back, they have strengthened up front and Ferdinand will add stability to the back.

Their squad is no longer thin, not like ours but whilst we have more quality, I am worried that when injuries and suspensions kick in, we might suffer.

I thought they played quite well against Liverpool and I dont think the Spuds will find them a pushover this weekend.

Sunderland will not go down this season and will take a few suprise points this season. Having said that, I expect to bat them at home and draw at their place, at the very least.

Unfortunately, they will be much stronger this year with their new signings.

Apparently, they have signed Healey from Fulham and Ferdinand from WHU today, so they are going to be stronger this year. With Jones still to come back, they have strengthened up front and Ferdinand will add stability to the back.

Their squad is no longer thin, not like ours but whilst we have more quality, I am worried that when injuries and suspensions kick in, we might suffer.

I thought they played quite well against Liverpool and I dont think the Spuds will find them a pushover this weekend.

Sunderland will not go down this season and will take a few suprise points this season. Having said that, I expect to bat them at home and draw at their place, at the very least.

Healy and Ferdinand are poor players tbh

We will still beat them KK has a 100% derby record and they will still be s**** O0

adn they haven't beaten us on their home turf since something like 1973.  If so that was also the year we won the Anglo Italian Cup.  I would take a defeat away tbh if it mean't winning soething as high profile as that again. :celb:

Guest Definitely Maybe

Nosworthy is awful.

Oh yeah, you must be right then. I've seen every minute of both in a Sunderland shirt, you've seen Match of the Day highlights, but yeah, I'll bow to your superior knowledge.

Guest hikickry

We will still beat them KK has a 100% derby record and they will still be s**** O0

yes, i think we are forgetting that it was allardyce's tactics, defending away from home that caused us to draw there, you know we are just going to rush them under keegan  O0

Nosworthy is awful.

Oh yeah, you must be right then. I've seen every minute of both in a Sunderland shirt, you've seen Match of the Day highlights, but yeah, I'll bow to your superior knowledge.

You may have seen Nosworthy more but you have a biased view of him, same as we do with some of our players.  He's reliable and an average premiership defender probably in the Andy O Brien bracket if you're lucky.