So, who's signing in the final week?

Coxaux
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In the 2006 summer we also hope that we could sign 3 players before the end of the transfer window.

In the end we did sign 3 --- all useless though.  Transfer completed in a rush rarely brings good tbh.

Next season is the season imo.

I've said that about all the teams I support for over a decade.

This is diff though, we have keegan

howay the toon!

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

In the 2006 summer we also hope that we could sign 3 players before the end of the transfer window.

In the end we did sign 3 --- all useless though.  Transfer completed in a rush rarely brings good tbh.

All 3 useless?

YES

Shut up, man. You had 4 in 5 years at one point, so it's your turn to go 80 something years without winning one. Ok, so that's only one team, but yeah, whatever.

All 3 useless?

YES

Deleted it :D

if we dont get at least 3 players in we should never have let Milner go no matter what the price was

Ah no for £12 million pounds they were dead right

Yeah, because it's worth fucking up our season for £12 million.

What is it that people don't understand about the simple concept of buying and selling that makes them think that one can be done without the other!?! You can't just sell players if nobody wants to buy them.  :crazy2:

if we dont get at least 3 players in we should never have let Milner go no matter what the price was

blah blah blah

Brilliant.

blah

by the way im one of the optimistic ones. I reckon we will get 2/3 players in. Just dont think we should have sold Milner if there was nothing concrete in place in way of replacement

Shut up, man. You had 4 in 5 years at one point, so it's your turn to go 80 something years without winning one. Ok, so that's only one team, but yeah, whatever.

I bet NE5 really hopes we don't sign anyone else so he can come on here and tell us he was proved 'right'. Would be the highlight of his Summer.

That's it in a nutshell.

No it isn't, pretty fucking far off even. He's said countless times he would be very disappointed if there were no new signings of the required quality. He wants the best for the club he supports, as we all do. He just expresses his concerns whereas others are willing to have blind faith in Keegan's magic and Ashley's intentions for us to challenge the top 4. I respect both stances, but the realistic part in me says that we have so far failed to strengthen to the extend that we needed to and I seriously doubt that they will be able to complete the transfers on the very last day of the transfer window where they have apparently failed to do so in a number of cases up until this point.

I bet NE5 really hopes we don't sign anyone else so he can come on here and tell us he was proved 'right'. Would be the highlight of his Summer.

That's it in a nutshell.

No it isn't, pretty fucking far off even. He's said countless times he would be very disappointed if there were no new signings of the required quality. He wants the best for the club he supports, as we all do. He just expresses his concerns whereas others are willing to have blind faith in Keegan's magic and Ashley's intentions for us to challenge the top 4. I respect both stances, but the realistic part in me says that we have so far failed to strengthen to the extend that we needed to and I seriously doubt that they will be able to complete the transfers on the very last day of the transfer window where they have apparently failed to do so in a number of cases up until this point.

Perhaps some people just need to accept that challenging the top 4 was not an option for this season.

If anyone is expecting a 'superstar' or someone like Gutierrez and Coloccini, we arnt gonna get them coming from Mike Ashley

What?

Did you just contradict yourself in the same sentence?

That's what i thought.

If anyone is expecting a 'superstar' or someone like Gutierrez and Coloccini, we arnt gonna get them coming from Mike Ashley

What?

:doh:

The same Mike Ashley who financed deals for Jonas and Coloccini?

mackems.gif

That's it in a nutshell.

No it isn't, pretty f***ing far off even. He's said countless times he would be very disappointed if there were no new signings of the required quality. He wants the best for the club he supports, as we all do. He just expresses his concerns whereas others are willing to have blind faith in Keegan's magic and Ashley's intentions for us to challenge the top 4. I respect both stances, but the realistic part in me says that we have so far failed to strengthen to the extend that we needed to and I seriously doubt that they will be able to complete the transfers on the very last day of the transfer window where they have apparently failed to do so in a number of cases up until this point.

Perhaps some people just need to accept that challenging the top 4 was not an option for this season.

Didn't Keegan himself say the ambition for this year was to finish 4th-8th? Ashley in his sparse interviews has also set the target to be competing for European football iirc and challenging the top 4 in the long run. Do you think that is a realistic prospect with our current squad, because I think we will be lucky to finish in the top half. And for us to want to challenge the big boys in the coming years, you would imagine we would be showing signs of moving in the right direction.

What?

:doh:

The same Mike Ashley who financed deals for Jonas and Coloccini?

mackems.gif

:lol:

I love how so many people know whats going on behind the scenes.

What?

Me and my dad were talking to him outside the bar yesterday, he said those words 'dont expect a gutierrez or coloccini type of player, theres none out there in the market'

believe what the fuck you want, im not lying.