So, who's signing in the final week?

Coxaux
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is it just me who has the feeling that NE5 is just waiting for an all out "I told you so" attack if we have not signed a couple of players when the window is closed?:)

I've got 1334 reasons for hoping we do.

Do you ?

And what we need is a quality striker.

Quite ironic these sort of silly comments. I wonder how many people hoped the fat bastard would fail just so they would have some ammuntion to slate the old board, seeing as you appear to have this mentality ?

Its quite a change from old comments, every time we lost a game, urging them to "splash the cash"

SSN just said Walter Pandiani is in talks with several Premier League clubs...

f***ing hell we're resorting to signing sticker books.

It's the club's new scouting system. FM2008 was too expensive.

Smith is a quality striker, just needs a run of games up front.

well, he was when he was at Leeds. Presumably thats why Alex Ferguson bought him too ?

Anyway, I hope you aren't suggesting the club actually buys players based on how they have performed at previous and/or current clubs  :shifty:

well, he was when he was at Leeds. Presumably thats why Alex Ferguson bought him too ?

Anyway, I hope you aren't suggesting the club actually buys players based on how they have performed at previous and/or current clubs  :shifty:

He had a run when Keegan came in and Oba was in the ACN and Dukes was injured and did absolutley tosh.  The only time he had a remotely dcent game was when he played in front of the back 4 against arsenal I think and was literally just told to tackle.

He had a run when Keegan came in and Oba was in the ACN and Dukes was injured and did absolutley tosh.  The only time he had a remotely dcent game was when he played in front of the back 4 against arsenal I think and was literally just told to tackle.

His best game for us was when we played Everton at home and won 3-2. Him and Oba caused them alot of problems, he was very good that day.

I don't rate Smith but if he has a good day i will say so.

NE5, you said Smith would do the job up front for us given the chance.

Do you still think that is the case or were you wrong? I just don't see why we need to buy another quality striker unless you were wrong.

I also recall that he had a good game up front alongside Martins where a lot of people mentioned in post-match comments that "Smith-Martins" should be our first-choice pairing. (I'd dredge up the thread but I'm afraid that I might have been one of them. :blush:)

the gift of foresight. With such a gift, every football club in the world should be employing you.

Is it just me who has the feeling that NE5 is just waiting for an all out "I told you so" attack if we have not signed a couple of players when the window is closed?:)

Do you ?

Quite ironic these sort of silly comments. I wonder how many people hoped the fat b****** would fail just so they would have some ammuntion to slate the old board, seeing as you appear to have this mentality ?

Its quite a change from old comments, every time we lost a game, urging them to "splash the cash"

Well, I am not going to say that you are not a bigger fan than I am. For me it is more of a hobby, something I enjoy following.

One striker and a midfielder would be the minimum of what I hope for, especially if Milner leaves. A center back and left back would also probably be needed if we are looking to make a push for europe.

Young center forward + Saviola + Warnock + Center Back.

Maybe it was a silly comment, was a joke and no harm meant. Sorry if you were offended.

At the end of the day, there is no reason we can't have a good season with the players we've got. Anyone else we get is a bonus.

I don't think any players we can realistically sign can offer much improvement to our potential for this season.

Best case scenario, if most of the team stay fit I can see us being upper mid table, but missing out on Europe. If we have injury problems (6/7 injuries for significant parts of the season) I think we'll struggle to do any better than last year. IMO we'll drop a lot of points in games like last weekend where a team sets out to defend against us, as we've a lack of options to break them down, and we'll leak a few goals on the break as we push for a winner. This is based on the current squad.

If there's noone we can realistically sign who can offer much improvement to our potential for this season, then i think that's a pretty sad state of affairs, and I can't see how that situation is going to improve in the future.

the gift of foresight. With such a gift, every football club in the world should be employing you.

Foresight?  I was talking about the past.

Do you still think that is the case or were you wrong? I just don't see why we need to buy another quality striker unless you were wrong.

Well, if you're going to start chasing people for replies, how about the hundreds of posters who all used to urge the old board to "splash the cash" and now slate them for spending "money they didn't have" and also are now saying its alright "not to splash the cash".

Nobody disputes that Smith has been a huge disappointment by the way. Shame, because he was pretty good at Leeds, the criteria you normally use when assessing footballers, wouldn't you agree ? On the other hand, I've asked you this before Dave, living in Leeds, but you don't seem to know, so did you live in Leeds at that time or not ?

I'll also add that Leeds supporters, at the time, were quite happy with him, and said that he was one of the best players. And, that is first hand information I have from Leeds supporters

Do you ?

Quite ironic these sort of silly comments. I wonder how many people hoped the fat b****** would fail just so they would have some ammuntion to slate the old board, seeing as you appear to have this mentality ?

Well, I am not going to say that you are not a bigger fan than I am. For me it is more of a hobby, something I enjoy following.

One striker and a midfielder would be the minimum of what I hope for, especially if Milner leaves. A center back and left back would also probably be needed if we are looking to make a push for europe.

Young center forward + Saviola + Warnock + Center Back.

Maybe it was a silly comment, was a joke and no harm meant. Sorry if you were offended.

nah, I'm not offended mate. No probs. Hope you weren't by my reply either.

Well, if you're going to start chasing people for replies, how about the hundreds of posters who all used to urge the old board to "splash the cash" and now slate them for spending "money they didn't have" and also are now saying its alright "not to splash the cash".

Nobody disputes that Smith has been a huge disappointment by the way. Shame, because he was pretty good at Leeds, the criteria you normally use when assessing footballers, wouldn't you agree ? On the other hand, I've asked you this before Dave, living in Leeds, but you don't seem to know, so did you live in Leeds at that time or not ?

I'll also add that Leeds supporters, at the time, were quite happy with him, and said that he was one of the best players. And, that is first hand information I have from Leeds supporters

Can't you ever just answer a simple question in a simple manner without going off-track? I'm asking about Alan Smith, here. Not the old board, not Leeds, not me, not me living in Leeds. Alan Smith, for Newcastle United since he signed.

Unbelievable. And you'll do exactly the same in response to this.

Can't you ever just answer a simple question in a simple manner without going off-track? I'm asking about Alan Smith, here. Not the old board, not Leeds, not me, not me living in Leeds. Alan Smith, for Newcastle United since he signed.

Unbelieveable. And you'll do exactly the same in response to this.

You starting to feel like Jeremy Paxman Dave?  :lol: