So, who's signing in the final week?

Coxaux
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

we don't need Michael Dawson or another centre back.

We don't need another hero!

thanks for the input

I agree we don't need another CB,  Fullback's and cm's are required.

striker, striker, striker

not 3 strikers, just one good one

and a CM

we can worry about FB's later imo

nailed on. Even a blind man can see it.

thirded

it's obvioust to all and sundry, and i think in that department, Keegan is looking for someone like Cole as opposed to signings like Shearer or Ferdinand. As in, taking a chance on an unknown rather than spending big and going for a big gun or two. I say this simply because in Owen, Viduka and Martins we already have 3 relatively big names, and adding a fourth right now may not be a viable option wages/transfer fee/availability wise.

Andy Keogh and Billy Sharp. Sorted.

thanks for the input

and a CM

thirded

it's obvioust to all and sundry, and i think in that department, Keegan is looking for someone like Cole as opposed to signings like Shearer or Ferdinand. As in, taking a chance on an unknown rather than spending big and going for a big gun or two. I say this simply because in Owen, Viduka and Martins we already have 3 relatively big names, and adding a fourth right now may not be a viable option wages/transfer fee/availability wise.

I agree, and I've nothing against him holding high standards in fact this is how it should be, but the need is immediate and so there is nothing wrong at all with bringing in a stop gap in the short term. If the player does well you will get the fee or the bulk of it back when he is replaced, if he does well he's paying you back anyway. This has been done before, it isn't a "panic signing" its a short term signing and its the difference between us having a good season and a not quite so good season, and for those harping on about "business", THAT is "good business" in the world of football.

The day NUFC revert to being a "sell to buy" club is the day we truly are back among the also rans of football. 

thanks for the input

and a CM

that aside i'm goona check the odds for owen to be top scorer in the PL this season, think he's gonna have a fuckin blinder

hope so, and the sooner we tie him down with a new deal the better

aye, needs sorting...just give duff away ffs - tell his agent he can go for nothing and to find another club, give that 60-70k to owens pot

owen will achieve more in 10 games fit anyway than duff will the remainder of his contract, same for smith

thanks for the input

and a CM

that aside i'm goona check the odds for owen to be top scorer in the PL this season, think he's gonna have a fuckin blinder

Aye, keep him fit and he will have a stormer. He looks very hungry.

if he plays 30 games, just over 75% he'll get 20 goals imo

not just owen, it's the teams play he's thriving on...other people in the team are doing stuff and he's able to use that to exploit the space they create

Hope your right but he's never ever hit 20 league goals in a season throughout his career, so I wouldn't be betting money on it.

thanks for the input

and a CM

not just owen, it's the teams play he's thriving on...other people in the team are doing stuff and he's able to use that to exploit the space they create

Hope your right but he's never ever hit 20 league goals in a season throughout his career, so I wouldn't be betting money on it.

He got 19 once.

thanks for the input

and a CM

not gonna put the house on it like, if it was a safe bet there'd be little point in betting it anyways

We will have real problems if there are no further signings - even ONE would be too few..

In order to have a decent season(chance of 8th place)we need quality cover in at least 3 positions, and a first-choice creative midfielder which we still haven't got.

If we have to go to Jan with the current squad, we will struggle as soon as there are more than 2 decent players injured - imagine how vulnerable the side would be without, say, Coloccini & Owen..!

Also, if Milner is allowed to leave, that will be MORE gaps to fill ; this meeting today could be critical to the next 9 months.

Guest Jawesome

i think the WOW signing is Luis Fabiano. Watch this space

Do you just pull names out of thin air?

Anyway, he wouldn't be a wow signing, as he's not that well known in England.

Night Elf Warrior tbh.

Keegan has consistently said that he wants to bring in a few more faces before the transfer window closes, I expect him to deliver that...

Yes but do you expect Jimenez to deliver?

NO!

why?

because no-one knows anything about him other than the Juan de Ramos deal. 

I think what worries me about Jimenez is he is too good a negotiator if that makes sense.  He'll hold out for the deal he wants even if it means the deal won't happen.  Look at the Colo deal and how long that went on for.

Keegan has consistently said that he wants to bring in a few more faces before the transfer window closes, I expect him to deliver that...

Yes but do you expect Jimenez to deliver?

NO!

why?

because no-one knows anything about him other than the Juan de Ramos deal. 

I think what worries me about Jimenez is he is too good a negotiator if that makes sense.  He'll hold out for the deal he wants even if it means the deal won't happen.  Look at the Colo deal and how long that went on for.

Yes but we signed a world class defender for an excellent fee.

And the Colo deal happened!  Way to defeat your own point

Yes after about 3 weeks,  my point was the deadline is monday.  You can't negotiate like that at the end of a window if you MUST sign some players.

Edit

South Tynedale Mag: yes we did sign him for an excellent fee and I like the way he negotiates but like I said above deadline is monday adn nowt is tied up.

Guest hikickry

Yes after about 3 weeks,  my point was the deadline is monday.  You can't negotiate like that at the end of a window if you MUST sign some players.

Edit

South Tynedale Mag: yes we did sign him for an excellent fee and I like the way he negotiates but like I said above deadline is monday adn nowt is tied up.

i agree, we havent been the quickest to act in the market this year. That has to change if we are to have a successful season. The fact that KK keeps changing the figure of players likely to come in is a tad worrying. It started with, "A defender, and midfield player, definitely, then maybe an attacker". I doubt he would be saying definitely now. We can only hope. :undecided:

Edit

But you could negotiate like that when he did!

I don't know, but would assume that its a case of horses for courses where negotiating is concerned

Guest sicko2ndbest

EXCLUSIVE: Wright-Phillips' agent confirms Chelsea star is not interested in move to Everton or Manchester City

By Chris Brereton

Last updated at 1:18 PM on 27th August 2008  Daily Mail

Comments (0)  Add to My Stories

Shaun Wright-Phillips' agent has confirmed his client does not want to sign for Manchester City or Everton. 

Wayne Lindsay says the rumours about the Chelsea winger being too settled in London to consider happily moving back to the north-west were true. 

City - Wright-Phillips former club - were believed to be favourites to land the midfielder but Lindsay says Wright-Phillips is concerned about the stability of his former club now it is owned by controversial Thai politician Dr Thaksin Shinawatra. 

He said: "He doesn't want to join either of them and we are now discussing the next move to see what we do. 

"Because of all the problems there [City] and the uncertainty surrounding the place he is unsure. 

"He is speaking with the manager at the moment but he is settled in London. 

"He would like to stay and that's the bottom line but it is up to the manager. 

"We are looking at all the options really at this moment in time so I can't really say much more."