Opinions on other clubs.

James

Top four:Chelsea,Man U,Arsenal,Liverpool

I then think us and Villa are the strongest teams in the league. I see Man City,Blackburn,Portsmouth failing to reach what they did last year. Tottenham and Everton will finish top half IMO, I think us and Villa and then Everton and Tottenham will vacate the top 8 positions. I reckon Middlesborough and Wigan will be the surprises of the league.

Arsenal

I think this season may be a "second season syndrome" season for a lot of their young stars. They think they've made it. As others have said if they can get some experience into the middle of the park and find an alternative to Adebayor for a source of goals, they could still challenge at the top.

Aston Villa

The result against Stoke surprised me tbh, maybe it's early season bedding down for their new signing but they've already shipped a lot of goals in their two games. Oniell has to put that right and I think he will. Europe could be the key to where they finish in the league, they could win that cup but if they do it'll be at the expense of their league position.

Blackburn

Had a great result at Everton followed it up with a poor one at home to Hull, think that’ll be the story of their season inconsistency. Mid table beckons though.

Bolton

The embodiment of anti football, the big win against Stoke showed they can score, but I have a feeling that’ll be the exception to the rule. They’ll frustrate enough teams to ensure they don’t have too many relegation worries though unfortunately.

Chelsea

Before a ball was kicked I thought they would be the team to beat this season, after two games nothing I’ve seen has changed my mind.

Everton

It’s be a truly unbelievable summer for Everton in the transfer market, and not from a good point of view. I wouldn’t be surprised though to see them go big in the last few days and turn themselves into “best of the rest” contenders again. Europe as with Villa could be the key for them, their squad is even smaller than Villa’s, I just can’t see them sustaining but a decent league season with a good cup run. But never write Moyes and Everton off.

Fulham

I think Hodgson has done really well in the transfer market and is an excellent manager. Their result at Hull was poor but they bounced back exceptionally well against Arsenal. Could be a surprise packet for me, I originally had them finishing mid table but I probably over estimated them, still think they’ll finish comfortably safe of relegation.

Hull

What a terrific start for them, four pts from their first two games, I don’t think they can have expected any more. Will it last ?  I can’t see it unfortunately, but one thing is for sure they won’t do a Derby, still back to the championship I’m a afraid, but their fans will have enjoyed the ride.

Liverpool

They always seem to start well and show early season promise, the key will them sustaining that form through the winter months. I don’t see much of an improvement on the team that finished forth last year. They are still miles off Manure and Chelsea.

Man City

I think a lot of people are underestimating them and overplaying the uncertainty in the boardroom. They look a strong squad to me with a lot of talent and an excellent manager in Hughes. I expect them to be pushing will all the way for fifth.

Manure

I think they will struggle to match their exploits of last term, I don’t think the desire will be as great this year for them. It was a mistake not to buy in the summer, iyam. If the berbatov signing goes through, and I’m far from certain it will, then that could give them that spark others said they need.  Without it, I think they’ll not be too close for comfort for Chelsea

Middlesbrough

Surprised me with not just the result against spuds but their performance, ran Liverpool close too. Good solid season in store for Boro methinks.

Portsmouth

Last year the benefited from a tough opening schedule, they played well during those games and got a few points in the bank ahead of some easier games. This year it seems to be having the opposite effect. I also think they’ll struggle to wake from their slumber of the cup win and the Redknapp thinks he’s a better manager than he really is. Europe if they don’t get knocked out early could be an unwelcome distraction for them. My surprise package to do poorly this year.

Stoke

Of the three promoted teams I think Stoke will have the best chance to stay up. Pulis plays a pretty uncomplicated brand of football, they’ll be hard to beat at home but will struggle to find a way to beat the better teams away, but they may frustrate the other lesser lights and pick up valuable points against their rivals.

Sunderland

I think I underestimated them. I thought their signings were a bunch of rejects on high wages that would struggle with motivation. But Keane seems to have ensured that complacency is not on the agenda there. The secret now for them is to maintain the early season promise, the win at spuds will be a huge lift for them. Finishing above us this season is not out of the question for them.

Tottenham

Well common sense suggests that the comedy that has ensued at the start of the season will not last. However I think it will get a lot worse before it gets better. With less than a week of the transfer window to go, there are way too many holes in their squad to be serious European contenders this year (any talk of challenging the top four is ridiculous). I have question marks against Ramos, I’m not convinced he’s as good as people make him out to be. I have a feeling the focus for them this season will be the UEFA cup. I said a few weeks back that I thought they and Villa were miles ahead of the rest of the dirge in the middle and their pre season form seemed to validate that, but after seeing them in action in games that matter I have revised that, they could very well have a season like we did last year where they flirt with relegation but ultimately are safe in mediocrity. I have a feeling that within a season or two Moyes may be in the hot seat there.

West Brom

If anyone is going to do a “derby” I think it’s going to be West Brom, they are simply not good enough to play the football they like to play in the premiership, they’ve started badly, Arsenal they couldn’t have expected anything from but it was a great time to play Everton. Straight back down for the baggies.

West Ham

Hard to work West Ham out, they started with a good win then followed up with a bad performance and result against Manshitty. I rate Curbs, and when fit his squad is a match for most teams in the league. Ashton is the key to a good season for them, if he played 30 plus games they’ll finish top half, if not a flirt with relegation could be in store.

Wigan

Bruce comes in for some stick on here but he’s a good manager IMO (obviously not good enough for us though). Wigan will be solid and although they’ll be in a fight, I expect them to stay up.

Here’s my new and improved league predictions, it’s based on us signing the players KK says he will.

1. Chelsea

2. Manure

3. Liverpool

4. Arsenal

5. Villa

6. Man City

7. Newcastle

8. Everton

9. Blackburn

10. Boro

11. Spuds

12. Dirty Mackems

13. West Ham

14. Pompey

15. Bolton

16. Fulham

17. Wigan

18. Stoke

19. Hull

20. West Brom

1. Chelsea

2. Man Utd

3. Liverpool

4. Arsenal

5. Villa

6. Spurs

7. Newcastle

8. Blackburn

9. Boro

10. City

11. Pompey

12. Wigan

13. Everton

14. Sunderland

15. Fulham

16. Bolton

17. West Brom

18. West Ham

19. Hull

20. Stoke

I am unconvinced that the top four other than Chelsea have gotten better. In fact I think the other three have regressed a bit while some mid-table clubs have improved: the smoggies, Villa and us. Man City, Everton and Spurs have lost ground.

One of the biggest question marks for me is Pompey. A good squad and an underrated manager, but is the squad big enough? Can they cope without/ or replace Sully Muntari? And most importantly will the team and manager have the mettle to bounce back from a motherf*cker of a start to the season (They will probably be 20th into October)?

I am unconvinced that the top four other than Chelsea have gotten better. In fact I think the other three have regressed a bit while some mid-table clubs have improved: the smoggies, Villa and us. Man City, Everton and Spurs have lost ground.

One of the biggest question marks for me is Pompey. A good squad and an underrated manager, but is the squad big enough? Can they cope without/ or replace Sully Muntari? And most importantly will the team and manager have the mettle to bounce back from a motherf*cker of a start to the season (They will probably be 20th into October)?

Redknapp has lost the plot.

He is actually sticking to playing Papa Bouba Diop out on the right. Where the hell he got this absurd idea from I will never know.

This has resulted in no service to Crouch and Defoe who can't really create anything for themselves. They look awful.

Redknapp has lost the plot.

He is actually sticking to playing Papa Bouba Diop out on the right. Where the hell he got this absurd idea from I will never know.

This has resulted in no service to Crouch and Defoe who can't really create anything for themselves. They look awful.

I agree. Why he isn't getting a couple of decent players on the wing i don't know. Even average service from wide areas would benefit Crouch and Defoe isn't bad in the air either.

They have a good couple of strikers but the rest of their team selection is poor.

They still have too many good players in other areas to be worried about relegation but i'd be suprised if they did better than last year. 

Guest BooBoo

Fernandes our best player :lol:

Even a casual watcher of Everton's games last season would say that was nonsense. As is the guff about Ljungberg being important to WHU, when in reality he was a thorough waste of time and money.

Fernandes our best player :lol:

I'd love to see a similar table from the likes of you or Brummie on the rest of the league, see what the others are saying about us and what teams we agree/disagree on. It's hard to get blinkered with your own team sometimes I think.

Why he isn't getting a couple of decent players on the wing i don't know. Even average service from wide areas would benefit Crouch and Defoe isn't bad in the air either.

Supposedly Pompey were after Jonas during the January window and tried to get him this summer. I would be surprised if 'Arry didn't address this.

Guest BooBoo

Why he isn't getting a couple of decent players on the wing i don't know. Even average service from wide areas would benefit Crouch and Defoe isn't bad in the air either.

Supposedly Pompey were after Jonas during the January window and tried to get him this summer. I would be surprised if 'Arry didn't address this.

I thought Pompey were woeful in the middle yesterday. All brawn and no brains. Fair enough they have Krankjar to come back but i feel they'll struggle to hit last seasons form.

Villa's defence is stronger than it was last year, for these reasons:

1. Mellberg might be gone, but he played all of last season at right back, where he was OK defensively, but worse than useless coming forward. We also had no right sided midfielder, which made it worse. I also think fans of other clubs say "ooh, they've lost Mellberg" but any Villa fan will tell you he's been on a downward curve for 2 or 3 years now. Love him to bits, but it was the right time to go.

2. Cuellar, Laursen, Davies, Knight - 4 good options at CB.

3. Finally, finally we've got a right back, Young is a solid if unspectacular buy.

4. Bouma will be back after christmas, given us him and Shorey at LB.

5. Carson is no more, Friedel is infinitely better.

The problems we've had thus far have been down to the fact that of the 4 defenders and GK, 2 of them only joined the week before last. It'll take time, but they'll bed in.

I think our problems will be in attack. Agbonlahor scored an excellent hat trick against Man City but is anonymous for great spells. Carew is prone to injury. We've also still got no right sided midfielder.

I would not be surprised if we finished 8th or 9th, but I also would not be surprised if we finished 4th. That's how unpredictable it will be.