Coventry 2 - 3 Newcastle (CC) - 26/08/08 - post match reaction from page 36

James

Guest optimistic nit

i'm sorry but beye was nothing like dependable. i still think he's one of the best fullbacks in the league (lets say top 10) but his mind wasn't on the field today. was looked a bit slow to react to things, gave the ball away a lot (put one foot wrong all game?) although he was pretty comfortable defensively. it was also a pretty big foot to put wrong, even if it had been the only one.

and i forgot to mention for the first 60 minutes the ref and both lindsmen were a f***ing joke. 3(!!!!) bad offside decisions, and how the f*** was that not a penalty? they had a good second 60 minutes if we forget about that extra minute appearing from thin air at the end of the second half.

So maybe a 5.689764 for the officials?  O0

Great result considering our lack of striking options. We struggled with the ball in the air on a couple of occasions and the jammy bastards scored twice. Otherwise I thought we controlled the game very well for the most part.

Spot on about the fitness levels Optomystyc Knight noticed that at Manure.

Our players are definitely in great shape and tbh, even if we don't get a player or 2 this window - I feel confident about the season.

KK is doing a great job so far imo, I see a character about our side coming through again. Something I've not seen for a while now  :clap:

Probably put less effort in over 120 minutes than we would in 90 minutes of a Premier League game.

A very unproffesional performance by some.

WUM

Stand by my comments, if you look at our performance from about 44 mins, some players would work much harder in the Premier League, Beye and Jonas in particular. Players jogged and didn't cover the ground they normally would. Fortunately our players are good enough to do that and still win, however, the complacency that went with the limited work rate forced the game into extra time.

Doubt we'll be tired against Arsenal, as we've hardly had to work for the win.

Guest Jungle Barry

Quite enjoyed that, however one thing really annoys me. How poor we are from corners, I know we scored from one against man utd but tonight they were all dreadful. N'Zogbia and Geremi should be banned from going anywhere near dead balls

Guest optimistic nit

Probably put less effort in over 120 minutes than we would in 90 minutes of a Premier League game.

WUM

Stand by my comments, if you look at our performance from about 44 mins, some players would work much harder in the Premier League, Beye and Jonas in particular. Players jogged and didn't cover the ground they normally would. Fortunately our players are good enough to do that and still win, however, the complacency that went with the limited work rate forced the game into extra time.

Jonas? his workrate was pheonominal for the entire game :lol: :lol:

I think some people miss the fact we scored 2 goals (3 with a half fit striker), away from home, with basically no strikers until owen came on.

Also...Jonas is quickly becoming my fave toon player of the moment, hes so strong on the ball, tidy and passes perfectly.

Beye wasn't too bad but a number of uncharacteristic sloppy mistakes pointed out his lack of pre-season for me.

I like Beye, but he just didn't do enough of the running tonight.

Are you going to stop talking shite at any point soon?

Fuck off Coventry - "You're not singing any more" ey?  Well your lot were utter fucking dirge for 98.7% of the game and you didn't deserve extra time, never mind the tie.  Beye was uncharacteristically shit today however, but James Milner rewarded my unwavering faith in him by pulling and amazing performance out of his beer-can sized cock and splurging it all over Chris Coleman's stupid Welsh face.

Fuck off Coventry - "You're not singing any more" ey?  Well your lot were utter fucking dirge for 98.7% of the game and you didn't deserve extra time, never mind the tie.  Beye was uncharacteristically shit today however, but James Milner rewarded my unwavering faith in him by pulling and amazing performance out of his beer-can sized cock and splurging it all over Chris Coleman's stupid Welsh face.

:lol:

Guest optimistic nit

Beye wasn't too bad but a number of uncharacteristic sloppy mistakes pointed out his lack of pre-season for me.

thats rubbish as well. beye wasn't at the ground mentally tonight imo, but he did a lot of running, it just wasn't very effective.

WUM

Jonas? his workrate was pheonominal for the entire game :lol: :lol:

I never saw him in top gear. We know it is there, and even when not going at 100% his work rate is still better than some, but he was nowhere near the level of performance he set in the Premier League.

I wouldn't be surprised if Beye was carrying a slight knock or was still short of fitness.

We need a dead ball wizard.

The dead ball thing is extremely concerning.

Why is Guthrie not being allowed to take them? Everytime he has taken one it has been quality. Didn't even takeone tonight.

Why do we continue to insist on Zoggy and Milner making a mess of these?

Craziness.

Are you going to stop talking shite at any point soon?

I genuinely believe that some of the foreign players suffered a real culture shock tonight. Keegan himself alluded to such post match.

Guest optimistic nit

i still think he was motm. we kept the ball very well tonight and as i have said, 90% of the reason for that imo is jonas. he was also good attacking when we were attacking (first 70 minutes and extra time) and made good off the ball runs as he always does, and contributed more than butt and guthrie defensively, which is pretty good for an attacking midfielder.