James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is terrible news for us. Even worse if we don't replace him in the next few days. Are we that strapped for cash? Should have sold Smith to Everton instead.

If it was that easy then it would of happened last week

Guest Micktoon

12 mill for Milner is daylight robbery and we would have been mental to turn that down. However thats yet another first team player gone. Injuries will screw us this season unless they've got something up their sleeves.

Guest toonlass

:dance: :dance: :dance: :wav: :dance: :dance: :dance: :banana: :banana: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :morph: :shepherd: :jonas:

Kerching, thanks very much. Nice to do one over villa, suckerzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!

So now thats:

8 players gone.

3 players in.

And thats after we had a tiny squad last year, this weekend had better be productive or we may be totally fucked when injuries come along.

I must admit, I'm very nervous for NUFC today....hope we fix things.

brummie mate.could you do us a favour and please post about now for any villa fans who look in that this isn't a case of slagging off a player when he goes and to vouch that it's probably an even split between those who just don't rate him and those who do but think villa have been massivly done on the deal.(if the final figure is any more than 10mill)

Why do people think were getting £12m?

All i've heard is undisclosed, or are we now believing paper talk when its in our favour?

I think people are just believing it as they actually got something right this morning (the accepted bid, the medical etc).

We'll just have to wait and see on the fee, but anything over £8m for us is an absolutely great deal.

12 f***ing million for James Milner mackems.gif

f***ing motherfucking hell. That's a lot of money :lol:

Jonas goes to the right, Zoggy gets to start and play in his favourite position and Enrique gets to play. Sorted.

Jonas and/or Zoggy gets injured and oh dear we have no decent subs. Duff is shit, Lua Lua unproven.

Why do people think were getting £12m?

All i've heard is undisclosed, or are we now believing paper talk when its in our favour?

The Times are pretty accurate, particularly with this story. In fact they broke the news about Milner wanting a new contract ages ago. I remember being shocked and quite irritated byt he thought of ilner wanting more money at the time.

It will definitely be in and around that £12 million I reckon.

brummie mate.could you do us a favour and please post about now for any villa fans who look in that this isn't a case of slagging off a player when he goes and to vouch that it's probably an even split between those who just don't rate him and those who do but think villa have been massivly done on the deal.(if the final figure is any more than 10mill)

I'd agree with that. He's an average player - not too bad, but never worth that money.