James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

:angry:      :angry:    :angry:  Absolutely gutted if he goes!! If we haven't got a better replacement lined up then we've just taken a huge step backwards. I thought/hoped/expected we'd keep him AND sign at least add one or two more quality players.

The lad was nice, honest, hard working, not injury prone, two footed, talented, young, very versatile and getting better. A very valuable member of our paper thin squad Keegan must be very frustrated and doing his nut. He would have walked ove something like this in the past (and i woulden't be shocked if he does now) The players too have complained that our squad's not big enough and this will do our team spirit no good at all.  :dave:   :dave:    :dave:  A VERY BAD SIGN OF THINGS TO COME< WE HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE OF COMPETEING WITH THE BIG BOYS IF WE CAN@T KEEP EVEN THE JAMES MILNERS OF THIS WORLD

You've got the sarcasm/irony thing spot on mate. Good post :)

Guest neesy111

KK can't be happy with this...

tbf

the board wanted to sell smith keegan wouldn't

same for this, the board seem to be along the fan's view for some of our players

Manorpark - reluctant to spend? Surely bids for Coloccini, Modric, Aimer, Inler etc. show that there's money to spend.

How many times does this really need to be pointed out?

Oh my god  -  "B I D S" . . .

(or even more accurately  -  "reported bids").

How many times does THAT need to be pointed out?

Fine then, lets look at facts. Coloccini for a reported 9m going up to 10.3m - also reported to have signed the 'contract of his life'.

True, the Modric bid (I'll forget the Aimer & Inler ones because as Dave said, could be wrong) was made before any players were sold. In the end the deal didn't come off but it shows that the money is there for players of the right calibre. Gutierrez had an original asking price of 10m but we got around the via a loophole, but I imagine we still had to pay a few to get him in.

There's a difference between 'selling to buy' and simply getting rid of players that are no good for us.

How do you know (or 'imagine') that a Coloccini purchase would have been funded, if we had got (say) Modric?

Also, I don't think Keegan would agree with any of you "Milner haters" on here ("no good for us" !!!!)

I don't agree with you either.

I also asked if you thought it would just be a 'mere coincidence' if Ashley actually spends some money RIGHT NOW?

Well?

:angry:      :angry:    :angry:  Absolutely gutted if he goes!! If we haven't got a better replacement lined up then we've just taken a huge step backwards. I thought/hoped/expected we'd keep him AND sign at least add one or two more quality players.

The lad was nice, honest, hard working, not injury prone, two footed, talented, young, very versatile and getting better. A very valuable member of our paper thin squad Keegan must be very frustrated and doing his nut. He would have walked ove something like this in the past (and i woulden't be shocked if he does now) The players too have complained that our squad's not big enough and this will do our team spirit no good at all.  :dave:   :dave:    :dave:  A VERY BAD SIGN OF THINGS TO COME< WE HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE OF COMPETEING WITH THE BIG BOYS IF WE CAN@T KEEP EVEN THE JAMES MILNERS OF THIS WORLD

There is so much i disagree with i don't know where to start.

Manorpark - reluctant to spend? Surely bids for Coloccini, Modric, Aimer, Inler etc. show that there's money to spend.

Fine then, lets look at facts. Coloccini for a reported 9m going up to 10.3m - also reported to have signed the 'contract of his life'.

True, the Modric bid (I'll forget the Aimer & Inler ones because as Dave said, could be wrong) was made before any players were sold. In the end the deal didn't come off but it shows that the money is there for players of the right calibre. Gutierrez had an original asking price of 10m but we got around the via a loophole, but I imagine we still had to pay a few to get him in.

There's a difference between 'selling to buy' and simply getting rid of players that are no good for us.

How do you know (or 'imagine') that a Coloccini purchase would have been funded, if we had got (say) Modric?

Also, I don't think Keegan would agree with any of you "Milner haters" on here ("no good for us" !!!!)

I also asked if you thought it would just be a 'mere coincidence' if Ashley actually spends some money RIGHT NOW?

Well?

The bid for Colo was made before the bid for Modric.

Guest neesy111

Well?

because keegan's first player he wanted was woodgate

i have a major worry about this deal considering the way it went last time and could explain the ridiculous fee.

picture it......fee is agreed,personal terms are agreed,milner travels down there and passes the medical.then o'neil turns round and says "errrrr no actually, we've decided against it at the last minute"

I don't think the new board are reluctant to spend, they're just reluctant to take any sort of risk what-so-ever. In the past we have been prepared to take big risks on players which on the whole have backfired. Unfortunately i think the new board are at the other end of the spectrum in that they are overly cautious. Although i much prefer the new way of working, the board have to loosen up a bit. Trying to alleviate all elements of risk from player transfers in nigh-on impossible and is likely to leave us with a threadbare squad.

The money is clearly there but IMO our overly stringent vetting procedure is hindering our chances of significantly improving the squad. Stop fucking about and get some players signed FFS!

Guest toonlass

Its quite funny to think that Milner slapped in a transfer request, asking for it to be kept quiet cos he is not really wanting a transfer but just a higher paid contract, and the board has said "Fuck that. We are not going to be held to ransom. You want to go sonna, see you, close the door on the way out. Oh and by the way, we will only let you go if we can get over double of what you are worth." Milner now thinks, "Oh shit." Villa comes in with a stupid offer, our board says "Kerching, thanks very much. OY Milner, get your coat son, your off down the M1."

Milner now gets a move he doesn't really want, we get silly money we can spend on someone else, leeds get their cut. MON gets a right sided midfielder who cannot get a corner past the first man. Everyone's a winner.

Well?

IF you are correct  -  you know that we would have followed through with BOTH, how exactly?

(Not saying we definitely wouldn't, mind.  Both are good players)

I'm just asking how you know this.

Guest Howaythetoon

That's the only thing that worries me.

Though tbf he's been saying similar nice things about Smith and Ameobi that everyone was so keen to dismiss as fibs, so why not the same here? As always, it depends on who comes in. If we get someone like Arda (from what I've seen of him, anyway), KK won't give a flying f*** that Milner's gone.

The only way I could see KK agreeing to such a move assuming he has a say which I think he will do is if the money was to be used to bring in someone much better. I still don't think he'd be happy though and to be honest, no manager likes losing players they want to keep even if they get a better player in as a replacement. I'm not blaming the club or anything here btw, if Milner wants to leave which may well be, there isn't much anyone can do.

Its quite funny to think that Milner slapped in a transfer request, asking for it to be kept quiet cos he is not really wanting a transfer but just a higher paid contract, and the board has said "Fuck that. We are not going to be held to ransom. You want to go sonna, see you, close the door on the way out. Oh and by the way, we will only let you go if we can get over double of what you are worth." Milner now thinks, "Oh shit." Villa comes in with a stupid offer, our board says "Kerching, thanks very much. OY Milner, get your coat son, your off down the M1."

Milner now gets a move he doesn't really want, we get silly money we can spend on someone else, leeds get their cut. MON gets a right sided midfielder who cannot get a corner past the first man. Everyone's a winner.

:lol:

Well?

Have you ever thought that we might not have budgeted to buy another RM, and therefore we need the money from his transfer before we can buy a replacement.

er . . . is that not my point !!!!!!!!!!???

Guest neesy111

Well?

IF you are correct  -  you know that we would have followed through with BOTH, how exactly?

how do you know that the reason we aren't signing players is because keegan only wants players that will play for the club and will not take gambles?

Well?

Actually, I'm assuming that the Modric bid was made when it was reported. It's true that we could have made that bid a lot earlier too.

However, I do know that we were negotiating the Colo fee with Depo over 3 months ago now, during the time we were hoping to sign Modric.

A lot depends on what you want to believe about the Modric deal I guess. There's still something which doesn't add up for me.

Guest neesy111

That's the only thing that worries me.

Though tbf he's been saying similar nice things about Smith and Ameobi that everyone was so keen to dismiss as fibs, so why not the same here? As always, it depends on who comes in. If we get someone like Arda (from what I've seen of him, anyway), KK won't give a flying f*** that Milner's gone.

The only way I could see KK agreeing to such a move assuming he has a say which I think he will do is if the money was to be used to bring in someone much better. I still don't think he'd be happy though and to be honest, no manager likes losing players they want to keep even if they get a better player in as a replacement. I'm not blaming the club or anything here btw, if Milner wants to leave which may well be, there isn't much anyone can do.

he handed in a transfer request so he did

Villa are going to shit a brick if this goes to the wire again, last day, and we start going we want an extra mill or two since we cannot get a replacement or the deals off, just like last time.

Over a barrel? I hope so.

I am personally gutted the Milner has gone, great lad good workrate and what will rile more than anything is that we WILL NOT be getting anybody in..... something is badly wrong at NUFC and we may sign one player which may be this Zaylette guy but we won't be getting a WOW signing and doubt even a replacement for Milner  :dave:

I am just waiting to hear what Milner has to say when he signs for Villa about the state of the club and what Ashley has to say when nobody comes in..

When did James fucking Milner turn into Luis Figo* btw?

One good game against Coventry and some people wouldn't sell him for more than £10,000,000. Bonkers. :lol:

*Used courtesy of LLLO.

Well?

how do you know that the reason we aren't signing players is because keegan only wants players that will play for the club and will not take gambles?

I do not know that - and neither do you.