Ignacio María González signed from Valencia on year-long loan deal

Guest sicko2ndbest

The one I saw was like a 5 minute Showboat off Soccer AM.

He looks alright to be honest. None of us will know til he plays I guess.

that`s the other Nacho Gonzalez (left back) you were looking at.......mind the other one does look a canny player too, we should have tried for him as we need a left back and then have 2 Nacho Gonzalez` in the team :lol:

Guest Coubury

I asked on fans site of Danubio

heres what someone said

Nacho gonzales.. what can I say... he's an awesome player, One of the best uruguayan in my opinion. Search for him in Youtube, you'll find many videos of him. He's got skills, speed, and an awesome power and direction when shooting

I asked on fans site of Danubio

heres what someone said

Nacho gonzales.. what can I say... he's an awesome player, One of the best uruguayan in my opinion. Search for him in Youtube, you'll find many videos of him. He's got skills, speed, and an awesome power and direction when shooting

Some Uruguayan fan wrote into one of the fan sites about Nacho Gonzalez

A Uruguayan here with some info on Nacho.

He is a classic south american 10. Pure playmaker. w/ the added bonus that is a great header.

I would say the closest player to him is Ballack. Or should I say, in Europe I see Nacho as Ballack as you guys dont play with 10s.

Spent his entire career at Danubio.

Is guaranteed starter on the National Team (won’t see him in next matches due to inactivity).

Big Q: Can he adapt to be your BALLACK. YES. He has a good physique and won’t crumble in the middle. His passing versatility doesn’t get hindered being pushed a few meters back. AND he plays that position on the National Team, where he has 3 strikers to play off, nestled in between the defensive mids.

If given confidence. With two argies in the squad to reduce anxiety. Should be a good move. Especially if on loan, free chance, with a good buy option!!!

the lad on those youtube vids might be someone else entirely, as the player i saw looked nowt like Ballack and had little in the way of speed or power! or it could be that those youtube vids make players look different to how they really are...

Guest Heneage

When you want to be a footy journo matey it helps to watch as much as possible.  :pow:

Sadly I know as much about him as I do about Partical Physics. BUT based on what i've read i don't see any reason why he shouldn't be put in to attack.

Right, the two people who have seen him play regularly says he is "an awesome player" who has the potential "to be our Ballack". I'd trust their opinion any day of the week over the doom mongers who know precisely fuck all about him.

For anyone that hasn`t seen you can see his latest goal for Uruguay in their friendly against Japan a few weeks ago

From the following youtube video titled.....2008/08/20 Friendly Japan vs Uruguay..........forward to the 8:27 mark

sets his own goal up from the near the half way line, passes to teammate, runs the length of the field, teammate crosses and he heads into the back of the net

gullem ballaugue (sp?) was just on ssn, he seemed to suggest this lad was a right winger, said something along the lines of valencia signed him because jouqain threatened to leave, but when he decided to stay they 'had 2 players for the right wing position so let him go'

gullem ballaugue (sp?) was just on ssn, he seemed to suggest this lad was a right winger, said something along the lines of valencia signed him because jouqain threatened to leave, but when he decided to stay they 'had 2 players for the right wing position so let him go'

Interesting, buying a winger might mean we go 442 still? Thought we'd be going 433 with Xisco, Oba and Owen, and Jonas, Guthrie and this guy in a 3. Will be interesting to see what we do.

Guest BeatMakerz

Interesting, buying a winger might mean we go 442 still? Thought we'd be going 433 with Xisco, Oba and Owen, and Jonas, Guthrie and this guy in a 3. Will be interesting to see what we do.

Rememeber, KK probably had nothing to do with these transfers.  :nope:

But with Guiterezz on the left wing we have an option to switch to using width whenever we want,It's unlikely that Gonzalez will feature in our first team alot, I don't know, but if he does then we have that option of having a 4-3-3 (with everyone fit) with the 3 boys up front and being able to switch to having width (bringing Gonzalez on for the 3rd striker) on the right wing.

I'm personally looking forward to seeing Xisco and Gonzalez in action, If they make similar starts to what Guthrie and Guiterrez have made then i can be positive about us being ok until Jan, but we still need to spend in Jan, hopefully these talks in the next few days with KK and the board will hopefully end up with Ashley grovelling to KK and giving him the RIGHT amount of funds in Jan to get them KEY players we should have signed over the summer.

I would rather go with the comments made by the Uruguayan fans than the comments of a Spanish UK based reporter who I doubt watches much Uruguayan footie. I posted the replies of several Uruguayan fans regarding Gonzalez in the thread earlier and they all said his main position is as a "attacking centre midfielder or can play on the left side of midfield if needed".

I would rather go with the comments made by the Uruguayan fans than the comments of a Spanish UK based reporter who I doubt watches much Uruguayan footie. I posted the replies of several Uruguayan fans regarding Gonzalez in the thread earlier and they all said his main position is as a "attacking centre midfielder or can play on the left side of midfield if needed".

fair enough, he certainly looked like an attacking mid to me on the comp

fair enough, he certainly looked like an attacking mid to me on the comp

I think he is an attacking midfielder who can either play through the middle or from out wide, similar to the likes of some of the Arsenal attacking midfilders like Nasri, Rosicky, Hleb etc.