Ignacio María González signed from Valencia on year-long loan deal

Guest sicko2ndbest

I am guilty of this too so I am not having a go at anyone but do people just forgot about the lad or just not think much of him because he has joined on loan?

Would he be viewed as a better player if we had paid the £7m for him instead of Valenica?

Some people seem to view him as a second rate, bit part player purely because he is on a year long loan.

I am guilty of this too so I am not having a go at anyone but do people just forgot about the lad or just not think much of him because he has joined on loan?

Would he be viewed as a better player if we had paid the £7m for him instead of Valenica?

Some people seem to view him as a second rate, bit part player purely because he is on a year long loan.

a lot of our supporters don't like the idea that we're a developing ground for other team's players, i.e. Rossi on loan (subsequently did well in Spain)

He isn't starting today, but in the brief appearance against Hull he looked like he could be a decent player. He ran with the ball and was a different option to Butt. I didn't really pay much attention to Guthrie before he signed and can't remember him standing out during Bolton's season. He seems like he could be another decent player, but not develop into a 'Top Class' player like other clubs have in that area. Other clubs like Portsmouth loan players from the top Preiership sides, Armand Traore for example, but don't seem to be labelled a feeder club by their fans like we were when we signed Rossi. If Gonzalez has the same impact as Helder from a few years ago I will be happy.

Was chatting with one of youth team boys last night, reckons he not very good at all.

wonder if he really knows what he`s talking about. You can`t win 20 odd caps plus, current international and play well enough for Valencia to shell out  7m and be that $hit. Hope he gets some chances to play .....rather than getting thrown on when we`re 3 nil down like today :tickedoff:

Nacho confident Toon will turn the corner

Published Date: 22 September 2008

NACHO Gonzalez tasted defeat for the second time in his fledgling Newcastle career – then insisted it won't be long before his new team gets back to winning ways.

Gonzalez – signed on a season-long loan from Valencia – came on late in Saturday's 3-1 defeat to West Ham at Upton Park.

The midfielder, 26, had made his debut in the home loss to Hull.

Gonzalez said: "It's disappointing for us. Everything that went wrong in the first half cost us so dearly, but in the second half we played much better.

"The team showed some spirit in the second half, and we had some chances which could have altered the game.

"If we can play like that for the full 90 minutes, we have a great chance of winning some matches."