Arsenal 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 30/08/08 - post match reaction from page 28

Dave

I'm sick of all these bloody injuries. It's about time some serious questions were asked of how we keep our players fit (or rather, how we don't).

What are you on about?

Hamstrings, groins and these sort of injuries often happen because something is not right with an athletes biomechanics. Eg. A wonky pelvis or lower back can increase strain on the hamstring and lead to tears. This sort of thing should be picked up at an EPL club and fixed before a player is cleared to play. I think the most disappointing aspect of FSA was that his much-heralded 'sports science' seems to have delivered nothing but less fit players. We really need to have a look at our physio department I think. Our injury rate seems horrendous.

It was a few years back, but in that Sir Bobby documentary thing, and 'Goal!', it showed our gym, which was full of weight machines. Which surprised me a bit. Weight machines don't really hit supporting muscles and can lead to unbalances and weaknesses, which could lead to injuries when the muscles, tendons and joints are subject to 'real world' stresses. Really, athletes should be doing their strength training with free-weights and compound exercises.

Maybe, if that's still the case, it could be one of the routes of our problems?

Guest magpies_rawk

What the hell has happened to N'Zogbia?

Damien Duff, two years ago >_<

Should have sold that piece of shit when we had the chance :p

Guest musika

Is Coloccini a defender or a defensive midfielder? Can't tell from the way he keeps running out ahead of everyone else when we move the ball out of our 18 yard box. That being said, the way Butt is playing, I don't blame Colo