back barton

lovejoy

Guest WashyGeordie

He's going to be banned anyway. Aswell, he's bringing a bad repuatation to the club, and some might not want to join because of Joey..

And would Gonzalez not be his replacement?...

Guest Harakka

So we could be left with Guthrie, Butt, Geremi and Gonzalaz as our centre mid options if we don't replace him...

Luckily Smith can cover there.

Im sorry, i really really dont buy into this he plays for newcastle therefore we should back him bollocks. I think its pretty astounding that people would put a football club over morals and ethics. Its not an over reaction but if he played for another club and it was one of our players who kicked out at him you;d all be saying good on the lad.

If he gets booed by our fans then he deserves it becasue in the eyes of those fans he's brought more shame to the club.

Ive never seen a thread with so little perspective whatsoever. I cant beleive how many people are unplaying the fact he beat the s*** out of 2 people.

So much hypocrisy its unreal.

I justcant see whatsoever how being booed or slagged off by the media is in anyway comparable to whats he's done - repeatedly.

Do you believe in justice though, and the innocent until proven guilty stance that many judicial systems follow? What morals and ethics would you like to discuss?

Because he was found guilty and he has served a sentence of punishment under that judicial system. The sentence is finished and he's been released. So is he not forgiven then? Or is he guilty for the rest of his life and fuck justice, let's make sure we have stones in our hands for all time so we can throw them every chance we get. As long as it's someone else, not us.

I can't back him. The sooner he's gone the better.

He has a long long long long way to go before I feel I can back him. If that happens, and I hope it does - fair enough.

But right now I can't back him, I'm embarrassed and ashamed that he plays for us.

What I won't do though is boo or jeer him, for the sake of the team.

i hope he stays! would rather have smith & shola leaving, barton will come good eventually, sure he has baggage, but he hasn't become a bad player overnight