Xisco signed from Deportivo on 5 year deal

Guest hindu times

He had 18 finishing on my FM   :rolleyes:

188cm is about 6ft 2, so he's about the same height as Carroll. 17 jumping and 17 heading = (mobile) target man \o/

apparently he had a very good last season (fifth highest in the league based on goals per minute, think he was injured a lot though so he didn't get that many minutes), so we can expect him to be even better in the next FM  O0

He had 18 finishing on my FM   :rolleyes:

188cm is about 6ft 2, so he's about the same height as Carroll. 17 jumping and 17 heading = (mobile) target man \o/

apparently he had a very good last season (fifth highest in the league based on goals per minute, think he was injured a lot though so he didn't get that many minutes), so we can expect him to be even better in the next FM  O0

Nope, if he signs for us he'll automatically be made worse!

Breaking News: Toon Add The X-Factor

By Craig Hope

NEWCASTLE United have completed the signing of Spain under-21 striker Francisco "Xisco" Jimenez Tejada.

The 22-year-old has penned a five-year deal at St.James' Park and joins from La Liga side Deportivo La Coruna.

Xisco, who will wear the No.19 shirt, joins former Depor team-mate Fabricio Coloccini on Tyneside after the Argentine became the most expensive defender in the club's history last month.

Mallorcan-born, the pacey frontman made his Deportivo debut at the end of the 2004/05 season and was loaned out to UC Vecindario in 06/07 where he netted 13 times from 27 outings for the Segunda Division outfit.

He played a key role for La Coruna last season as they secured UEFA Cup qualification.

Xisco will now link up with his under-21 colleagues ahead of their Euro qualifier in Kazakhstan this weekend.

Breaking News: Toon Add The X-Factor

By Craig Hope

NEWCASTLE United have completed the signing of Spain under-21 striker Francisco "Xisco" Jimenez Tejada.

The 22-year-old has penned a five-year deal at St.James' Park and joins from La Liga side Deportivo La Coruna.

Xisco, who will wear the No.19 shirt, joins former Depor team-mate Fabricio Coloccini on Tyneside after the Argentine became the most expensive defender in the club's history last month.

Mallorcan-born, the pacey frontman made his Deportivo debut at the end of the 2004/05 season and was loaned out to UC Vecindario in 06/07 where he netted 13 times from 27 outings for the Segunda Division outfit.

He played a key role for La Coruna last season as they secured UEFA Cup qualification.

Xisco will now link up with his under-21 colleagues ahead of their Euro qualifier in Kazakhstan this weekend.

Sell Owen:

-------Martins---Xisco------

-----------Owen---------

-Gonzalez----Guthrie---Jonas-

Enrique--Taylor--Colo--Beye

-------------Given---------------

Bench:

Harper

Bassong

Barton

Duff

Viduka

A nother

A nother

I would prefer that.

I agree, but we dont know how good Gonzales is. Maybe hes more of an AMC rather than a Winger.

I posted on a few Uruguayan football forums and posted the comments earlier in the thread....... they all said he`s an AMC........where did this winger stuff come about (from ill informed newspapers I guess) ? I guess he can play there though of course with him being left footed. I`m not sure if KK will trust him enough to out him in the middle yet but apparently he`s not one of those players that`s really lightweight and knocked off the ball easily. Love the negativity on this thread btw......he can`t be that bad as he`s Uruguay`s starting playmaker and attracted Valencia`s interest in the first place

Can't believe how much of a back seat this thread has taken - I'm really excited about seeing this lad play. No nowt about him whatsoever, but the comments on that Depor thread are promising indeed.

Aye, seems to fit the bill for what a lot of us have been looking for in a new striker. Looking forward to seeing if he can cut the mustard here.

Saw him a bit last season for Depor and looked canny enough without really standing out/

Can't believe how much of a back seat this thread has taken - I'm really excited about seeing this lad play. No nowt about him whatsoever, but the comments on that Depor thread are promising indeed.

I'm glad he is here, just pray that he is better than Smith and Ameobi, which shouldn't be too hard!

Excited really, as I don't know what to expect from the lad.  Will enjoy finding out... good luck Xisco!

Agreed after watching him in La Liga several times he's always been a player who's excited me with his potential.

From what I've seen looks like a really natural finisher.

Guest optimistic nit

dont know what to expect, but i'm going to judge the recruitment team by the players they bring in, and i'm happy with all 4 signings so far, so i will assume these 2 have the required quality until proven otherwise. they've earnt the right to have a bit of trust imo, and its the first time we've been able to say that in a while.

Setanta Sports 8. Xisco, Deportivo La Coruna to Newcastle - PANIC BUY

It is impossible to judge how effective Xisco will be at Premier League level but, buoyed by the instant success of established Argentinian stopper Fabricio Coloccini, The Magpies decided to make another raid on Deportivo. Xisco may be a Spain Under-21 international with an exciting-sounding name perfect for terrace chants but the reminder of a certain Albert Luque in the list of completed deals for Monday (he joined Malaga) means there will be understandable caution in reserving judgement on this capture.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1381821,00.html

SPANISH ace Xisco has spoken of his delight after completing a "dream" move to Newcastle United.

The 22-year-old penned a five-year deal at St.James' Park as he jetted in to Tyneside on Monday before linking up with the Spain under-21 squad ahead of this weekend's Euro qualifier in Kazakhstan.

But before dashing off to Newcastle Airport the striker spoke exclusively to nufc.co.uk as he revealed his excitement at the challenge which lies ahead.

"It is a great feeling to be here and to have signed for Newcastle United," said the former Deportivo dangerman who netted 12 times in 44 games for the La Liga outfit.

"I have waited for this opportunity for a long time in my life and I want to show the people of Newcastle what I can do - it is a dream for me.

"I love the Premier League and I think I will be suited to English football because it is fast and physical.

"I am a quick player and I'm also strong, it is ideal for me.

"Now I must go to play for Spain under-21s, but I am very much looking forward to returning and meeting all of my new team-mates."

It is impossible to judge how effective Xisco will be at Premier League level but, buoyed by the instant success of established Argentinian stopper Fabricio Coloccini, The Magpies decided to make another raid on Deportivo. Xisco may be a Spain Under-21 international with an exciting-sounding name perfect for terrace chants but the reminder of a certain Albert Luque in the list of completed deals for Monday (he joined Malaga) means there will be understandable caution in reserving judgement on this capture.

Fucking ridiculous conclusion.

SPANISH ace Xisco has spoken of his delight after completing a "dream" move to Newcastle United.

The 22-year-old penned a five-year deal at St.James' Park as he jetted in to Tyneside on Monday before linking up with the Spain under-21 squad ahead of this weekend's Euro qualifier in Kazakhstan.

But before dashing off to Newcastle Airport the striker spoke exclusively to nufc.co.uk as he revealed his excitement at the challenge which lies ahead.

"It is a great feeling to be here and to have signed for Newcastle United," said the former Deportivo dangerman who netted 12 times in 44 games for the La Liga outfit.

"I have waited for this opportunity for a long time in my life and I want to show the people of Newcastle what I can do - it is a dream for me.

"I love the Premier League and I think I will be suited to English football because it is fast and physical.

"Now I must go to play for Spain under-21s, but I am very much looking forward to returning and meeting all of my new team-mates."

the lads only 22!

btw, anyone know if he and Enrique have been in the same team for the U-21 Spain side?

f***ing ridiculous conclusion.

Impossible to judge how good Robinho is at this level too, but that hasn't stopped everyone jizzing over his arrival to City, has it?

Prudes.

the lads only 22!

btw, anyone know if he and Enrique have been in the same team for the U-21 Spain side?

They have played together. I watched this match earlier in the year.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/international-friendlies/2007-2008/spain-u-21-france-u21-226303.html

We've got three players on that pitch, three promising youngsters. As much as people may say we aren't moving forward, I think 3 players on a pitch of such quality is testament to our progress.

Guest deporik

Setanta just proved what a 2 bob outfit they are with that comment. Xisco and Luque are 2 completely different players in terms of mentality first and foremost.

Luque was great for us (Depor) for years but he wasn't even a regular in our starting line-up in his last season and he seemed to lose interest, drifting in and out of games, becoming lazy and generally looking like there was something more important in his life than playing football and getting paid well for it. The truth is (and I'm sure you'll agree), Depor did really well out of that deal as Luque was on the downhill slope and travelling fast, while your management team seemed to lack a bit of research and instead paid for the name.

Xisco's form is still very much on the rise and he's not the sort of bloke to be caught up in his own hype like Luque unfortunately was. If Xisco can't get into the side for whatever reason, he'll graft and work his balls off until he's back in the side, not sulk and just expect to be given another chance. Luque was a great player when things were going well for him but not the sort of player who you'd expect to roll his sleeves up and drag the game back from the brink, when things were going pretty shitty. Xisco is no saviour but he's honest and he'll give it his all whther you're 4-0 up or 4-0 down.

Setanta just proved what a 2 bob outfit they are with that comment. Xisco and Luque are 2 completely different players in terms of mentality first and foremost.

Luque was great for us (Depor) for years but he wasn't even a regular in our starting line-up in his last season and he seemed to lose interest, drifting in and out of games, becoming lazy and generally looking like there was something more important in his life than playing football and getting paid well for it. The truth is (and I'm sure you'll agree), Depor did really well out of that deal as Luque was on the downhill slope and travelling fast, while your management team seemed to lack a bit of research and instead paid for the name.

Xisco's form is still very much on the rise and he's not the sort of bloke to be caught up in his own hype like Luque unfortunately was. If Xisco can't get into the side for whatever reason, he'll graft and work his balls off until he's back in the side, not sulk and just expect to be given another chance. Luque was a great player when things were going well for him but not the sort of player who you'd expect to roll his sleeves up and drag the game back from the brink, when things were going pretty shitty. Xisco is no saviour but he's honest and he'll give it his all whther you're 4-0 up or 4-0 down.

:clap: