Xisco signed from Deportivo on 5 year deal

Guest hindu times

Has Guillem had anything to say about the other fella yet? Gonzalez.

He said something on Revista but I'm sure he didn't describe the player just revealed the details, he was bumming Jonas though saying he's great and said our scouts have done very well to secure Jonas,Colo and Xisco.

I'll tell you what, I know a lot of people believe that if keegan goes , no one will want anything to do with us, but I disagree.

I think a lot of managers would be very impressed with some of the players we have been able to bring in, particularly in Spain.

Colo and Jonas in particular would have turned some heads. 2 youngish Argentine internationals with a good amount of time ahead of them.

Probably why the rumours of a manager from Spain coming in are flying about today then.

"The club is so big and so powerful," he continued. "They even organised a private jet to fly me back to Madrid after I signed the contract to let me catch up with the Spanish Under 21 squad. That kind of treatment impresses you.

"But so did the stadium and the atmosphere at the club. St James' Park is a totally incredible place with a playing surface to die for.

"I've already spoken to my former team-mate Fabricio Coloccini, who has a few games under his belt with Newcastle, and his verdict is it's a life-changing experience.

"Fourteen months ago I was on loan in the Spanish Second Division. Now I'm a striker for one of the biggest clubs in the Premier League. It's incredible.

"But I have the talents and characteristics to succeed."

This is why I still have some hope for this season. While there will be some older players on the floor through understandable loyalty to Keegan, there are others for who this is their dream and won't be able to wait to get out there.

Wouldn't be like John Gibson to make a quote up to suit his argument now would it?

Lee Ryder, Page 51. - "When I flew in on Monday the club presented me to Kevin Keegan. He talked to me in a bit of detail about his plans for the footballing development of the club. That was an important moment for me in my decision to accept this incredible turn of events"

John Gibson, Page 50. - One of them, Xisco, when innocently asked at United's training ground what he thought of Kevin Keegan replied, "I don't know. I haven't met him, or talked to him". Can you imagine that with Fergie or Wenger?

What a prick. :lol:

Hats off to him. I wish him all the best - Ticks all the right boxes as far as attitude goes and from waht all the Depor supporters have been saying. He's no primadonna sulk...

His statement about how a year ago he was playing in the Segundo on loan and now hes at a Premiership club with massive support - I hope he bangs the goals in from the start.

Think some people (or person) might feel a bit stupid if this lad turns into a star?

No i don't doubt for a minute that he could be the next thing but then again whoever Keegan wanted to bring in could also. I don't really care, Keegan was the manager and it should've been his job to sign the players he wanted, Wise job is to for f*** sakes give him reports of players and if Keegan said no so be it, if then Keegan would be wrong it was for him to take the consequences. I mean this is not a way to run a club I'm sorry, its wrong in all matters!