Xisco signed from Deportivo on 5 year deal

Guest hindu times

Colo Told Me Toon Is Fab - Xisco

By Craig Hope

NEWCASTLE United new boy Xisco has revealed that former Deportivo La Coruna team-mate Fabricio Coloccini gave him the lowdown on life on Tyneside before his move to the Magpies.

And the Argentine must have sounded a glowing report with the Spain under-21 striker admitting it was an easy decision to swap the Riazor for St.James' Park.

"I spoke with Colo and he told me all about the club and the city," said Xisco in an exclusive interview with nufc.co.uk.

"He said it was a great place and that it would make him very happy if I joined him at Newcastle."

Xisco joins a growing legion of Spanish-speaking stars in the United dressing room and, while agreeing it will be a big help to have those players around to help him settle in, he says he is determined to learn English as soon as possible.

"Of course I know Colo and also Jose Enrique from Spain under-21," he added.

"There are also other Spanish speakers and that will be a big help to begin with.

"But I want to work on my English and learn the language within the first few months.

"That is important because I will be able to get to know all of my team-mates and also settle in the area."

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1381779,00.html

Guest deporik

I'm not laughing at all.

If anything, I feel sorry for Geordie fans who are left in limbo with nothing confirmed or denied by NUFC.

I'm a Depor fan first and foremost but I like to see the majority of our players doing really well, wherever they go; and I was looking forward to supporting Newcastle in the Premiership this year because of Xisco and Colo. To be honest though, I have no idea how Keegan's departure (IF it's true) will affect these players. A new man might decide he doesn't want them in the side, who knows.

I just hope that whatever is happening, it gets sorted out as soon as possible.

That sounds really promising.  Hard working, not afraid to put himself about, good movement and hold-up play and a decent goal scoring record.  I'd never even heard of the lad before, but I'm really looking forward to seeing him at the focal point of our attack now.

That does sound very very promising indeed.

Has Guillem had anything to say about the other fella yet? Gonzalez.

He said something on Revista but I'm sure he didn't describe the player just revealed the details, he was bumming Jonas though saying he's great and said our scouts have done very well to secure Jonas,Colo and Xisco.

Just happy we can talk about the team again and the new lads that have come in.

I think this lad will be awesome for us, I don't know why just a gut feeling I have.

He has a great turn of pace, can hold the ball up and can head and shoot.  Everything a striker needs to make it in the prem, Could be our Torres!

And this attacking midfield lad must have something about him to be signed by Valencia.

So see how we do until Jan then push on from there

He said something on Revista but I'm sure he didn't describe the player just revealed the details, he was bumming Jonas though saying he's great and said our scouts have done very well to secure Jonas,Colo and Xisco.

:shifty:

I'll tell you what, I know a lot of people believe that if keegan goes , no one will want anything to do with us, but I disagree.

I think a lot of managers would be very impressed with some of the players we have been able to bring in, particularly in Spain.

Colo and Jonas in particular would have turned some heads. 2 youngish Argentine internationals with a good amount of time ahead of them.