Transfer Deadline Day Thread

SUPERTOON

Guest Nufc4Life

I reckon Owen staying with us all rests on

A) The extent of Torres injury

B) Whether Berbatov goes to City or not.

If Torress injury is say, a month or more, I can see Liverpool swooping for him, they might do anyay but even more if Torres is out.

And City look definently in the market for a striker, so if Berbatov goes to Man Utd instead, I can see them coming in for Owen.

Everton are probably outsiders to make a late panic bid for him, though they seem to be more interested in Smith.

Either way, if a bid comes in for Owen, I can see him leaving. I'd say it's 70/30 he'll be here at the end of today, but that could change.

Why would Owen go to Everton? He turned them down last time round and he refused to take a pay cut here... are Everton in a position to even match the wages we (allegedly) pay him?

Oh aye i doubt very much he'd go there, just saying I wouldnt be suprised if they put a late bid in, and we'd accept, but like you say, they probably wouldnt be able to match his wage demands so thats probably a no go.

Spose we shouldnt rule out Spurs coming in for him either if/when Berbatov goes.

Owen won't go anywhere IMO. At best we're going to get £4/5m for him, and I'm pretty sure that at that price, Keegan values Owen for the rest of the season more than the £5m transfer fee.

I also don't see any of the teams that could afford his wages being desperate enough to swoop when they could get him for nothing at the end of the season.

However Owen leaving at the end of the season for nothing is a more realistic prospect...

hughes meeting with berba according to ssn

Poor Berbatov. Just because English isn't his first language is no reason to be so mean.

Berbs: So I join Manchester now yes?

Hughes: Yes... You'll be joining Manchester *cough*city*cough*. Very nice.

Can you just imagine the impact of City signing both Berbatov and Owen today ...

They've just been taking over by a group whose first move was to launch a 30 million bid for Berbs. Anything is possible.

They could most likely pay them both the kind of money they would want and their claims of pushing for the top 4 wouldn't be as crazy anymore would they? They are definitely up to something.

I feel my jealousy of Citeh rising even further since this morning.

I'm surprised that City can go for this. The takeover deal is by no means confirmed - they have signed a memorandum of understanding, which is generally a non-binding statement of intent - it is subject to due diligence i.e. complete investigation of City finances, and also Premier League sign off.

If the buyers want it that desparately and they can satisfy "fit and proper person" test, and it seems the latter is easy enough, then it will probably go through eventually. But a but surprised that they're going for Berbatov before its actually confirmed (or that Berba would go if its not definite).

1125: According to the ever-reliable Wikipedia, Patrick Vieira has rejoined Arsenal!

Would be a huge story if it was true but somehow I can't see it.

No matter how untrue,   :fwap: I will cry if i see this happen  :smitten:

Guest justin99.

1413: My mum works as a receptionist at the chauffer company used by Man Utd and she has just had to book a car to pick up a Mr Benzema from Manchester Airport at 3pm to go to Old Trafford.

:)

Can you just imagine the impact of City signing both Berbatov and Owen today ...

They've just been taking over by a group whose first move was to launch a 30 million bid for Berbs. Anything is possible.

They could most likely pay them both the kind of money they would want and their claims of pushing for the top 4 wouldn't be as crazy anymore would they? They are definitely up to something.

I'd be amazed if either Berbatov or Owen are City players by the end of today, especially Owen who I believe willl sign the new deal.

They have the money I suppose, but to spend that much in the middle of a takeover? And Berbatov choosing City over Man Utd? No way...

1430: The latest from Man City - and I have to say that they are fast becoming the club of the day. BBC Sport understands that a £30m bid has indeed been made for Dimitar Berbativ, while the club are in talks with Valencia's David Villa and Stuttgart's Mario Gomez.

mackems.gif

1430: The latest from Man City - and I have to say that they are fast becoming the club of the day. BBC Sport understands that a £30m bid has indeed been made for Dimitar Berbativ, while the club are in talks with Valencia's David Villa and Stuttgart's Mario Gomez.

OK, the world has gone mad.

Guest black n white

1413: My mum works as a receptionist at the chauffer company used by Man Utd and she has just had to book a car to pick up a Mr Benzema from Manchester Airport at 3pm to go to Old Trafford.

:)

hope so more chance of owen staying