Transfer Deadline Day Thread

SUPERTOON

i'll be very surprised if owen is still here come 12 tonight

I'd be very suprised if he is not. Who offers a player 120k a week and sells him the next day?

As well as that KK was asked directly about Owen to which he replied "Arsenal will not be Owens last game for us".

However, things do change.

Unless we made the offer ages ago, and only yesterday found out he has no intention of signing it - so announced the offer to let the fans know it's him who wants to go if he does.

That makes worrying sense. Very similar to the Milner situation.

Guest black n white

I'd be very suprised if he is not. Who offers a player 120k a week and sells him the next day?

As well as that KK was asked directly about Owen to which he replied "Arsenal will not be Owens last game for us".

Unless we made the offer ages ago, and only yesterday found out he has no intention of signing it - so announced the offer to let the fans know it's him who wants to go if he does.

championsleague football or stay with us, depends on how ambitious we are i suppose

manu for me

That makes worrying sense. Very similar to the Milner situation.

maybe they just announced it to end all specualtion of being sold. Really though, we are just speculating. I guess we'll have a better idea at the end of today. Im confident he'll sign, be gutted if he left.

Guest geordienorway

So Skys confirmed Shola and SMith staying Owen possibly leaving. with Xisco and Gonzalez coming in. Im underwhelmed.

Why Nixon? Are you nicko? :pow:

Guest black n white

So Skys confirmed Shola and SMith staying Owen possibly leaving. with Xisco and Gonzalez coming in. Im underwhelmed.

same here

Why would Owen move to a club like City (no disrespect) when he can pick and choose his clubs next summer whilst probably getting far more money in the process (e.g. Sol Campbell reported to have picked up £6-7m in signing on fees plus mammoth wages when he joined Arsenal on a Bosman).

Sol was in his pomp, rumours that he was going to Barca.

He could probably get that £6-7m from City anyway, they are "ballin".

same here

Please tell your taking the piss? Get a fucking grip man.

We've addressed two positions we needed to plus I highly doubt Owen will leave.

More importantly the window isn't closed yet.

Jimmy Briand still flying through the air? Xisco still in that jet? You'd think England was next to New Zealand.

You're a yank, i wouldnt be surprised if you did. ;)

:lol: Goddamn. That cut deep.

Jimmy Briand is a French forward. There was a post a few pages back saying he was flying in. Mostly nonsense.

Jimmy Briand is a young French striker who plays for Lens I think. He's quite highly rated and has been linked with the likes of Arsenal as well as us. Supposedly a similar to player to Drogba but then again it seems like every French striker is nowadays.