Transfer Deadline Day Thread

SUPERTOON

City must be offering more then 30mill, Man ure were going to offer that were they not?

£28m was the bid, so £31m + is Citeh's bid.

No doubt we'll see the return of Dr Spec (if he's not dead) very soon if this comes off.

Bastard!!  :laugh:

You would have to prise him form the ceiling first :)

Berba is a total class act, we should be bidding the same as city

Santa cruz is nowhere near berbas class as well, idiots

Much better attitude though and we have seen how being a stropy twat can affect a players performance no matter how good they really are.

The Berbatov situation is similar to when we signed Owen.

I doubt he wants to go their but has he got the balls to reject City and take the chance that Spurs accept Man Utd's bid?

Or is it a case of going anywhere just so he doesn't have to stay at Spurs?

Berba is a total class act, we should be bidding the same as city

Santa cruz is nowhere near berbas class as well, idiots

any player is worth as much as someone is prepared to pay, if they have the money for it then good for them. personally i think we'd be able to afford Berbatov too, given that we havent spent anything yet, that the uruguayn lad is coming in on loan, and xisco is going to be cheap.

The Berbatov situation is similar to when we signed Owen.

I doubt he wants to go their but has he got the balls to reject City and take the chance that Spurs accept Man Utd's bid?

Or is it a case of going anywhere just so he doesn't have to stay at Spurs?

He's already burned his bridges.

Guest Wally_McFool

Cant wait for Sky Sports yearly manufactured late "Transfer has broken down because of a failed medical" story.

Sky will drag the story out until just before midnight when they will reveal "Sky Sports News understands that the transfer of whoever is sensationally back on an should go through just before midnight blah blah blah".

Been at lunch

Have we been linked with anybody else?  Or is it now a case of if we loose Owen or not?

2 Unknowns in Milner and Owen out?

If nobody else comes in Ashley will have a pint glass wedged in his throat come the Hull game   :snod:

Guest LucaAltieri

Would Fergie go for Owen if Berbatov goes to City?

As KK says everyone has their price. We are in the driving seat, lets hold out for 12m+.

Or better yet why not keep our top scorer?

Guest black n white

wouldnt have thought so. He has said previosuly he's not interested in Owen. I cant see him changing his mind now, contract running out or not. I just dont think he wants him./

i think he will but hope he doesnt, keegan said everyplayer has a price but that he wouldnt

condone it

As KK says everyone has their price. We are in the driving seat, lets hold out for 12m+.

Or better yet why not keep our top scorer?

That's what i would like too but just exploring the possibilities.

We aren't really in the driving seat as his contract runs out next summer and he can negotiate with other clubs from January, whcih is right in the middle of our season when he should be focused on playing for us you see.

Still have a feeling flashy pants Man City will bid for him to play with Berbs.