Transfer Deadline Day Thread

SUPERTOON

So who thinks we are still going to sign some other players today (not including Xisco or Gonzalez)?

Starting to think not.

Was optimistic a few hours ago, but its died off now, reckon thats it, if so, a very poor summer which could have been so much better.

Still a load of shite on the books that we need to get rid of, sounds daft but i'd be happy if a couple more players had left, even if they were not replaced.

Very poor? Bit much like.

So who thinks we are still going to sign some other players today (not including Xisco or Gonzalez)?

Starting to think not.

Was optimistic a few hours ago, but its died off now, reckon thats it, if so, a very poor summer which could have been so much better.

Still a load of shite on the books that we need to get rid of, sounds daft but i'd be happy if a couple more players had left, even if they were not replaced.

would you be more satisfied if we sold owen today?

More satisfied if Ameobi & Smith were sold without being replaced.

If Owen doesn't sign a new deal, then yes, i'd like to have seen him leave as well, because its twitchy bum time when it get to January and European clubs start to look at pre-contracting Owen.

I'm sure you'd be more satisfied to keep him for a season and let him go for free?

Are we currently sitting bottom of the net spending league this summer someone earlier said we had a net spend of 5.5m thats got to put us at the bottom.Billionaire owner and spend peanuts its just typical

Go play your silly video games.

There you can play billionaire and buy everyone under the sun and finally find meaning in your life.

Silly child.

No need since he is asking a valid question. Stop being such a patronising bugger, it doesn't suits you ;)

Net spend doesn't correlate to success does it?  No. Therefore why harp on about it.

What is our net spend over the previous 5 years and where has that got us.

I'm sick of this simple way of thinking it is childish.

Starting to think not.

If Owen doesn't sign a new deal, then yes, i'd like to have seen him leave as well, because its twitchy bum time when it get to January and European clubs start to look at pre-contracting Owen.

I'm sure you'd be more satisfied to keep him for a season and let him go for free?

I'd rather keep him and let him go for free next year, yeah. I would hope that we wouldn't require his transfer fee in order to replace him. He's much more valuable to us this season as a player than he is as £8m

Guest NUFCrichard

Jonas, Xisco, Collocini, Gonzalez, Guthrie, Bassong. The 4 who have already played look good, for me it hasn't been that bad a summer, just lacking in big names (not necessarily a bad thing)

Starting to think not.

Very poor? Bit much like.

Should have been a big spending summer. It hasn't been, its been a bit shite. I like who we've brought in, don't get me wrong, but the size of the squad, if doesn't even touch the sides. We needed another 5+ players today, we've got two so far, if that's it, its going to be a tough season.

Starting to think not.

i'm satisfied as long as kk gets to deal with the situation as he sees fit, if owen went today i'd expect a replacement for him today, as he's the only person scoring at the minute while martins and viduka are injured

Starting to think not.

I'd rather keep him and let him go for free next year, yeah. I would hope that we wouldn't require his transfer fee in order to replace him. He's much more valuable to us this season as a player than he is as £8m

£8m fee & £5m wages and at any moment one injury away from another missed season.

Love your thinking.

Guest gallowgate

Spurs say they haven't given Man United permission to talk to Berbatov!!!Hope that drops Taggart deep in the shite!!

Mark Hughes has confirmed to Sky Sports News that Manchester City have had a bid for Tottenham striker Dimitar Berbatov accepted, and he now hopes to meet the striker to discuss a shock move to Eastlands.

If we dont get at least a couple more in i will be a poor summer recruitment wise imo..we have 2 fullbacks at the club ffs how did that happen, and people going overboard about players no one has heard of needs to stop, it would be very refreshing to see us linked or attempting to sign players all of us can relate to, its blatantly obvious keegan has no say in transfers at all, these arrivals just dont fit the bill of him as a manager anywhere else previously

2 more in before midnight or its the shits

Are we currently sitting bottom of the net spending league this summer someone earlier said we had a net spend of 5.5m thats got to put us at the bottom.Billionaire owner and spend peanuts its just typical

I think we should have talked the fee for Milner down a bit and tried to pay a bit more for the likes of Gutierrez so our net spend would be higher!

Just got this off the Blackburn forum.

"According to local radio Wigan have just offered Jason Koumas plus £10million for Sylvan Ebanks-Blake and Michael Kightly"

Heskey to Spurs and Valencia to come here?

How much!?

This transfer window has gone mental :lol:

Starting to think not.

i'm satisfied as long as kk gets to deal with the situation as he sees fit, if owen went today i'd expect a replacement for him today, as he's the only person scoring at the minute while martins and viduka are injured

How many league goals has Owen scored this season? How many has Martins?

I'd expect a replacement for Owen as we do need him and his goals, but if we sold him for a good offer today (might still happen) i understand the clubs decision (more so than Milner) even if there wasn't enough time for him to be replaced as long as it reflects in our fee received.

Starting to think not.

£8m fee & £5m wages and at any moment one injury away from another missed season.

Love your thinking.

and any player we bring in to replace him is any different? apart from there's no guarantee that they will score if fit. owen's about as close to a guarantee of goals as you can get