KK: "Judge me at midnight"

Decky

Some people need to get a real f***ing grip.

You don't just iron out all the problems with your squad in one window.

The defence is looking drastically better, the quality midfield has improved somewhat and we've signed an exciting young striker who may oust Viduka from the side.

Yes we didn't get the big named AM we all wanted, but we've addressed a lot of issues with our squad.

And for the record Keegan said he wanted 2-3 in a couple of days ago and that's what he's done so what's the problem?

There you go.

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

I reckon we will have to wait until Ashley finds a few investors for us to see the "big signings" real squad building.

Just a little afraid of how far we are falling behind teams that are pulling away from us, in terms of squads/players and spending goes.

Without injuries we maybe ok until Jan, but lets face it its going to happen. Its already happening, we know we cant rely on Duff, Viduka, Owen, Cacapa, Ameobi staying fit for what? more than 4-5 games between now and then and by the sounds of it there is a strong chance we can add Xisco to that. Just praying that we dont get hit as hard as every year. (not sure if that counts as a miracle? feels like it at the moment)

Then what? Not wanting to spend over the odds/clubs not wanting to lose their players in Jan?

Cant really see us finishing above 10th.

Lets all hope he finds a few Billionaires quickly, so that shelling out over the odds to pay for top notch players/out bid other teams or help with the wages wont be as much a dent if its getting paid for by four or five of them.

What's bollocks?

Sorry not you mate, I made a post earlier in the thread I'll stick it back up.

Ah right just checking, I agree 100% with your post BTW.  I'm disappointed that we didn't get the major attacking midfield signing I think we needed, but overall I think we've improved and I'm happy enough with the deals done.

Guest Coubury

I wouldnt want Robinho here for that sort of money

Im pissed off that we never signed a LB

Enrique is shit and cant cut it here, no point saying maybe he will turn good this year.

No DM so Butt will likely be starting, games in France. could well be a flop, big difference in that leauge and the premier leauge.

Im hoping Xisco will be a great signing, but in other important departments we are lacking

No one in to replace Milner fair enough Jonas can play there but who else do we have Geremi fs

we really needed to go out and get 3 more of Jonas and Coloccini's class, 4 more if you take into account a replacement for Faye our senior defender before Colo came in. where's the left-back we were supposed to be after? where's the new centre-half? where is this high calibre creative midfielder or big money replacement for milner? where's the long-term alternative to the rapidly diminishing nicky butt? had joey barton wanted to leave today we would've gotten rid of him too.

Cos we're super-duper Newcastle United who can offer absolutely anything a top quality European player wants - Euro football, guaranteed European challenge, consistent silverware challenges, exotic location, etc etc. Not forgetting that we're not really in the game of simply paying massive wages just to get a particular player; that doesn't work and financially rapes us.

For Keegan to get top quality players was a very difficult task -  which is why he's got Wise etc - who have got a very hard job. They're having to unearth those fucking quality players - not just simply pick two or three like City/Spurs/the top four have done. They've done very well in finding Coloccini and Gutierrez (maybe Gonzalez and Xisco too?)... you're expecting the earth really - demanding five players of Gutierrez's quality. Like i say, they have to actually dig em up from somewhere - not just go "Robinho/Modric/Bentley/Berbatov/whoever is good, lezgerrim..."

yes, i am expecting the earth. yes, there is no middle ground between what we've done and newcastle being big enough to attract robinho. it's childish arguments like this that do my head in.

there's players who have moved that we couldve been in for, and more importantly plenty of players who didnt move that we couldve gone in for. it was perfectly within our ability to go out and spend £30m on top of what we already have spent. we shouldve pushed the boat out for a few players and didnt. gloss over it however much you like.

Summer 2006

OUT: Shearer, Bowyer, Chopra, Elliott, Faye and Boumsong

IN: Martins, Duff, Sibierski, Rossi, Srnicek and Bernard.

Some people need to get a fucking grip if they think this window has been the worst yet. Short memories.

Add the Summers of 2003 and 2004 to that.

Disappointing the windows closed with us only having one recognised left back who's just pulled his hamstring all the same.

Keegan said that he wanted players that "were right for Newcastle". I have enough faith in KK to think that these 2 will be and be good additions to the lads that have already come in and started well.

With a bit of luck on the injury front, I think we will do as well this season as most people expected before a ball was kicked.

I think we are all just feeling a little jealous because Man City have gone out and got a monumental trophy signing.

So i wonder what is right about a player on loan from a club who have just bought him and ship him out to us for a season ,how the fuck can KK judge him to be right for us .

Just a little afraid of how far we are falling behind teams that are pulling away from us, in terms of squads/players and spending goes.

As far as player-to-player comparisons go, i'd say that Manchester City and Tottenham are the only two teams outside the top four who have significantly better personnel in their starting line-up. And if Keegan can get his juicy 4-3-3 working with these strong attacking players, there's nothing to say we don't have a better system and a better manager than those two anyway.

People are crying because we haven't got enough squad depth, which is true, but the only position i'm really concerned about is wing-backs.

We've got good starting wingers, there's Duff as backup if need be, but we can go with three centre-mids if we want. Aye people may say that our centre-mids aren't convincing, but would you say Geremi-Butt-Barton was? I know i wouldn't have done... but it actually was a pretty decent working line-up. And we've improved on that. :)

Everton haven't had a great transfer window. Villa have brought in some good defenders but teams shouldn't be any more afraid of their front six than they should be of ours. Blackburn are on the way down. West Ham, meh. Man City and Spurs look scary, admittedly - but there's not a huge amount to say we can't have a good season.

Guest optimistic nit

can't believe there's people still telling us we're doing great or have done great. talk of the squad improving 'drastically' is a laugh.  :idiot2: people were unhappy earlier in the window as we hadnt brought in the required quality or quantity, and wanted that done before the window closed. had that happen they would've CHANGED THEIR MINDS as the facts changed accordingly. not doing so is being blindly stubborn with a mindset divorced from reality.

yet the same people who said 'just wait, the press no nowt, we bid such and such for modric so we will spend" are now blathering on like everything is okay. it's not by any means. at least the likes of dave and wullie appreciate this (in fairness the majority seem to).

for the third window in a row we've spent nothing in net terms. we've only brought in two quality players and in any case it's too early to say if they are successes (Jonas and Colocinni), then we've two unproven young players who are as much for the future as they are for now, and shouldn't be expected to come in and transform us (Guthrie, Xisco). on top of that, one squad filler defender for the future (Bassong), and one massive gamble who is making his first permanent move to europe at the ripe age of 26, having played in a minor league even by south american standards. massive gamble and not exactly the best statement of intent or alternative to the likes of Modric or Nasri, especially when we dont even own his registration.

we really needed to go out and get 3 more of Jonas and Coloccini's class, 4 more if you take into account a replacement for Faye our senior defender before Colo came in. where's the left-back we were supposed to be after? where's the new centre-half? where is this high calibre creative midfielder or big money replacement for milner? where's the long-term alternative to the rapidly diminishing nicky butt? had joey barton wanted to leave today we would've gotten rid of him too.

sigh. so disappointing once again from this lot. i'm sure there'll be the usual suspects out defending Ashley even though he's not really done anything to warrant such partisan defence or the lavish praise he'll sometimes receive. not saying he is a terrible chairman, but there's some who have a blind spot when it comes to criticising him, praising him for things shepherd wouldve been laughed at for, ignoring others that shepherd wouldve been pilloried for. though it should be expected, after all, he is such a 'legend' for drinking a pint and wearing a replica shirt.

but f*** it. the window is over so the period of hope and anticipation is over. i'm just hoping the new lads settle in and can show what they really need to show in terms of talent and cohesion with the rest of the squad. my gripe is more with those behind the scenes, jimenez and ashley, than with Keegan, who i trust has the ability to turn what we have into a half decent side. we can still make this season a success if our players stay fit, and a couple of the new boys can be big players for us if they rise to the occasion.

i'll start getting on ashley's back when i see us going backwards, and i've shown that in the past (i was very critical of ashley when we signed keegan, as i thought it was a publicity stunt, and i was very concerned around mid july). if i think we're going backwards, i will say it, but i think we've done well this window. we have improved the squad.

We needed more, a milner replacement and a fullback, but its not the end of the world.

we've also spent more than blackburn, everton, spurs and west ham, similar to pompey.

if i think we're going backwards, then i'll start getting on ashley's back again, but i dont, and i have confidence the money is there if we need it.

Let's wait till tomorrow.

SSN never even reported this fellow for Everton.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/sep/02/manchestercity.chelsea?gusrc=rss&feed=football

That's coz we're not sure if it has infact gone through, but there seems a good chance. £15m, what a joke. But my word, seems we actually have a pot to piss in?

In response to a few comments I've read on this forum regarding transfers, and since I don't know who the mongs are (every forum has them), I apologise if I generalise.

But f***ing hell, have some of you heard yourselves? Get a quality player like Coloccini, claim he might not settle, get 2 relatively unknown players today, write them off before they're given a chance. I mean seriously, you're lowering yourselves to the standards of people on some Everton forums.

From the outside, you've had a constructive summer. No, not that star player, but a star player isn't going to make you develop any quicker than a few decent players, which is what you've got. Coloccini and Gutierrez look quality, and frankly you are pretty much on a par with Everton at the moment, due to the shower of shite that's running our club at the moment.

Chin up Geordies, a fairly canny season awaits, imo.

Keegan said that he wanted players that "were right for Newcastle". I have enough faith in KK to think that these 2 will be and be good additions to the lads that have already come in and started well.

With a bit of luck on the injury front, I think we will do as well this season as most people expected before a ball was kicked.

I think we are all just feeling a little jealous because Man City have gone out and got a monumental trophy signing.

So i wonder what is right about a player on loan from a club who have just bought him and ship him out to us for a season ,how the fuck can KK judge him to be right for us .

I didnt say I knew why he was right for us. I trust Keegan though if he think he is. Time will tell.

I think the manner of the Arsenal defeat has spooked a few people.

Absolutely no doubt about that IMO. Some have always claimed we need much better/more signings, but a lot of this negativity simply wasn't there before that game.

Johnnypd, as i mentioned - there were far better options than us this summer - there's nine other teams in Europe ffs, so there's nothing to say we didn't try and push the boat out a bit. There's not enough here at the moment to attract the top players and we may have simply failed as far as that goes.

Seeing as you think my argument is childish, i'll highlight the serious bit again for you. We didn't have the luxury of simply picking out the obvious, best players. We had to unearth them and then sign them. Which is why i can forgive Wise, etc - as they have done that in cases just not in all of them. They've unearthed some decent talent so far! Much more difficult method than simply throwing uber-millions of cash at the best players, which in the past for us, has not worked.

To digress slightly, how bloody excited is anyone by Xisco btw? Prolific, young, mobile, pacy, tall striker. With a cool name. Gerrin, sounds mint. :)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/sep/02/manchestercity.chelsea?gusrc=rss&feed=football

That's coz we're not sure if it has infact gone through, but there seems a good chance. £15m, what a joke. But my word, seems we actually have a pot to piss in?

In response to a few comments I've read on this forum regarding transfers, and since I don't know who the mongs are (every forum has them), I apologise if I generalise.

But f***ing hell, have some of you heard yourselves? Get a quality player like Coloccini, claim he might not settle, get 2 relatively unknown players today, write them off before they're given a chance. I mean seriously, you're lowering yourselves to the standards of people on some Everton forums.

From the outside, you've had a constructive summer. No, not that star player, but a star player isn't going to make you develop any quicker than a few decent players, which is what you've got. Coloccini and Gutierrez look quality, and frankly you are pretty much on a par with Everton at the moment, due to the shower of s**** that's running our club at the moment.

That £15 million is a snip. I don't know if you've seen him play, but that boy is bloody impressive for a 20 year old.

He has a massive presence and is great with the ball. He is only 20 but can go straight into your first team and serve you well for the next 10 years!

Excellent purchase. Will be worth much more in a few years.

From the outside, you've had a constructive summer. No, not that star player, but a star player isn't going to make you develop any quicker than a few decent players, which is what you've got. Coloccini and Gutierrez look quality, and frankly you are pretty much on a par with Everton at the moment, due to the shower of s**** that's running our club at the moment.

Canny post that.

I think the manner of the Arsenal defeat has spooked a few people.

Absolutely no doubt about that IMO. Some have always claimed we need much better/more signings, but a lot of this negativity simply wasn't there before that game.

Think people were content to wait for signings in the days before Arsenal, especially since KK said he wants 3 or 4 new signings and we would get them. Granted we have got 2, but they arnt well know, or big names so to speak, which itself has annoyed people. Maybe 2 more household names would have changed the face of things