KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think this is the lowest I've ever felt about NUFC.

yep.

i'll feel worse when it's official, i'm still clinging on to that tiny bit of hope atm

Me too. :(

I can't see where I we go from here and I don't even want to. I don't want anyone else in charge.

Given the rumour about Poyet both you and I may yet feel even worse!

He's probably the one person who could stop me going back. I don't despise anyone more in football than that c***.

Why is it that you despise him?

2000 FA Cup semi final.

FYP

Oh aye, fucking hell. What he said.

Guest Howaythetoon

My take

KK offered his resignation last night which the board formally accepted with the finer details to be sorted out the following morning (today) due to the club's attempts to sell several players behind KK's back which as we all know he will not stand for. KK told a few of his staff and one or two players he'd be leaving which is where the leak come from. The club were never going to sack him and KK knew that so wanted to make it easy for them and indeed himself as he will never stand by happy to pick up a wage while things he's clearly against or unhappy with go on around him. This was all set to be done today, but several players have kicked off and due to the inevitable backlash from fans and the leak the club have been thrown by this and went into panic mode and have been trying to resolve it all day with KK who still wants to resign unless the board remove the obstacles he feels is stopping him doing his job (we can all take a stab at who and what these obstacles are). The club refuse to do so, but they are also refusing to sack him and accept his resignation in full so its a stalemate for now with KK on 'gardening leave' as of now. Hence no confirmation or denials thus far.

Howay Newcastle, don't f*** this up man  :weep:

yep.

i'll feel worse when it's official, i'm still clinging on to that tiny bit of hope atm

I can't see where I we go from here and I don't even want to. I don't want anyone else in charge.

He's probably the one person who could stop me going back. I don't despise anyone more in football than that c***.

2000 FA Cup semi final.

FYP

Oh aye, f***ing hell. What he said.

What did he say?

Guest kingdawson

yep.

2000 FA Cup semi final.

FYP

Oh aye, f***ing hell. What he said.

Fair enough, thought there was another reason.

My take: one of two things leads Keegan to stamp his feet, thus Ashley giving him an ultimatum.

Either... Keegan's been promised money and he hasn't got it, therefore the squad being in a rickety shape. Or... Keegan has not had the final word over Xisco and Gonzalez. And he's stamped his feet over one or two things.

Ashley's said... that's the way it is, if you don't like it - off you go.

My take

KK offered his resignation last night which the board formally accepted with the finer details to be sorted out the following morning (today) due to the club's attempts to sell several players behind KK's back which as we all know he will not stand for. KK told a few of his staff and one or two players he'd be leaving which is where the leak come from. The club were never going to sack him and KK knew that so wanted to make it easy for them and indeed himself as he will never stand by happy to pick up a wage while things he's clearly against or unhappy with go on around him. This was all set to be done today, but several players have kicked off and due to the inevitable backlash from fans and the leak the club have been thrown by this and went into panic mode and have been trying to resolve it all day with KK who still wants to resign unless the board remove the obstacles he feels is stopping him doing his job (we can all take a stab at who and what these obstacles are). The club refuse to do so, but they are also refusing to sack him and accept his resignation in full so its a stalemate for now with KK on 'gardening leave' as of now. Hence no confirmation or denials thus far.

Howay Newcastle, don't f*** this up man  :weep:

Seems like a good guess. Although a few weeks back i was being slaughtered for saying i was "curious" with the transfers in of Jonas and Colo. Apparently the 'obstacles' you speak of aren't obstacles at all. KK's been in complete control of signings. Met the players and seen them play before they signed and everything. So i couldn't possibly work out what obstacles you're referring to

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm clinging onto some hope that this can be turned around. I reckon (i.e. wishful thinking) that there will be some news later tonight or tomorrow saying KK is staying and its business as usual, with the club and KK ignoring the media fall-out to that and toeing a "there was never any talk of KK being sacked or resigning" line which will eventually peter out anyway.

Feck me! I don't believe this!

What the hell has happened to my beloved club? Everyday seems to be a new low.

I don't understand. Why sack Keegan now? I thought he's doing an awesome job so far. We've got a pretty decent start to the season so what's going on? Imagine the morale of the team.

Lack of signings I can take but not this.

I'm quitting football altogether if this is indeed true. There is only so much heartache a man can take.

F*ck you Mike Ashley. I curse the day you took over our club.

Guest LucaAltieri

My take: one of two things leads Keegan to stamp his feet, thus Ashley giving him an ultimatum.

Either... Keegan's been promised money and he hasn't got it, therefore the squad being in a rickety shape. Or... Keegan has not had the final word over Xisco and Gonzalez. And he's stamped his feet over one or two things.

Ashley's said... that's the way it is, if you don't like it - off you go.

I don't think it' either of those things...

Keegan was expecting more players coming in... the people who were hired to sort that side of things out for him have failed to get the job done.

Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Guest Saint Andy

Oh my god... did u see all them charvers outside the grounds? Nobody over 13year old there

CRINGEWORTHY.

don't worry everyone's off work soon

Oh my god... did u see all them charvers outside the grounds? Nobody over 13year old there

CRINGEWORTHY.

What happened to the quiet dignity of the older blokes going up to question KK about the sale of Andy Cole? Fucking Sky Sports.

Can't see Ashley coming onto the steps to explain this one. Hasn't got the bottle.

Guest Howaythetoon

Sacking KK would be complete suicide by Ashley, I just can't fathom why he'd do that. He'd lose the fans, the players and the media storm would be incredible, just look at today. His investment would also become less attractive. Madness.

The club not issuing any sort of statement even till now is simply disgraceful.

The crazy kids congregated outside SJP are YOUR PROBLEM. Deal with them as you will. Don't use it as an excuse to keep everyone in the dark.