KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why now though?! That's what I don't get. If KK wasn't happy with the way things are run, he's had all summer to walk out. If Ashley doesn't like KK's stance on Barton etc he's had weeks to sack him.

This basically ruins yet another season and probably another summer's worth of business.

This is waht I don't get. Should have sorted this all out ages ago.

It's a real shame because I like Ashleys plans, but at the same time I respect Keegan as a manager.

They just wanted different things, and they should have known it wouldn't work much earlier.

I'm sticking with the club though. I don't think Ashley is a bad guy, Keegan just wasn't the best fit for what he wants to do.

But what benefit is there in getting rid now, unless there's someone better lined up?

Keegan probably started handing out ultimatums and threatening to quit. I doubt Ashley would have taken kindly to that.

Guest MagicNumber9

Why now though?! That's what I don't get. If KK wasn't happy with the way things are run, he's had all summer to walk out. If Ashley doesn't like KK's stance on Barton etc he's had weeks to sack him.

This basically ruins yet another season and probably another summer's worth of business.

This is waht I don't get. Should have sorted this all out ages ago.

It's a real shame because I like Ashleys plans, but at the same time I respect Keegan as a manager.

They just wanted different things, and they should have known it wouldn't work much earlier.

I'm sticking with the club though. I don't think Ashley is a bad guy, Keegan just wasn't the best fit for what he wants to do.

But what benefit is there in getting rid now, unless there's someone better lined up?

Who's available?

Who is honestly going to want to come here after all this?! We are a complete joke!!!!!!! No world class manager or anything near is going to want to come here. FACT.

Tell My Familiy that i love them, Im About to commit sucide in about 2 minutes.

Oh dear......absolutely no need mate!

I feel about the same way. Never been so thrilled about a season to start since fuck knows. And now all that excitement is gone thanks to KK leaving. (Not confirmed yet, but still..)

Guest shaun11177

I think KK let his heart rule his head because Ashley did tell him before he took the job that a DOF was coming in-that should have got the alarm bells ringing straightaway.

Then we have KK saying we cant get top4 the owner thinks we can but we cant.

Then the Milner it was my decision to sell when clearly it wasnt.

I'm completely disillusioned with Premiership football right now, the whole thing is a disgrace, starting with Man City's escapades yesterday, then this today.

This as well. Although Man Utd's were just as bad. Rich (or well represented) clubs disregarding rules, no punishment at all. Will Clichy be brought up an a disrepute charge for what he said about being proud of Nasri's foul? West Ham and the lack of punishment for Tevez?

To be fair to Man City I hold nothing against them and hope they stick it to Chelsea and Man Utd - decent set of fans, but it just underlines how money runs the game. QPR will make up the new top 3 with Chelsea and Man City, it will only take one more mega rich club (and its not beyond the realms of possiblity that Arab oil money will take an available club very soon - Fulham anyone?) and then the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool will not be guaranteed CL qualification.

How will you feel about football when after its rich history, we have the same 4 clubs run by bottomless pits of cash finishing in the top 4, not by building a team and being tactically astute, but by buying huge squads of the best players to the detriment of all other clubs?

Guest johnson293

Tell My Familiy that i love them, Im About to commit sucide in about 2 minutes.

Just divn't jump off the Tyne Bridge, as I work in Newcastle, and you'll gridlock the city just in time for me to leave work!

How long did it take for the club to confirm the sacking of Allardyce?

We all know that the club in the new Ashley era isn't the fastest on issuing statements, at least when there's a new player to be unveiled,  so is this absence of an offical statement perhaps a good thing? That's what I hope

Newcastle are 11th in the Premier League having picked up just four points from their opening three games.

:doh: :doh: :doh:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7593683.stm

I know! Definately should have picked up full points, y'know, only had to play Manure and Arsenal!

I honestly think that the author of that just glanced at the table as he was writing with no regard for who we played.

Surprised non of the media have gone to see if KK is at home..

I think there is actually something in that if they havent.. had plenty of time

Setanta constantly saying that they've had people call in saying they saw him on the A69.

Guest MagicNumber9

But seriously though, if it turns out KK has been sacked... where do we honestly go? Personally I dont want this heirarchy in place, im praying DIC come in for a bid and buy us out, so we have to start all over again...

If this has come to a head over the sale or retention of average players like Milner, Barton and Smith then both sides need to take a serious look at themselves.

There's a bigger picture FFS.

Don't think the players matter, think it was just the lack of a say in the matter.