KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If the club had nothing to hide, then they wouldn't have got him to sign a confidentiality clause before coming out with this stuff.  Make it impossible for him to refute this s****, then spout a load of it.

(Who else finds it very, very hard to believe that Keegan would believe Lampard to be attractable?  Beckham, Ronaldinho, you could imagine them being vague possibles, not being so tied to their respective clubs exactly - but I think they've gone too far in try to get us to believe that Keegan thought Lampard was a realistic target.)

as i pointed out yesterday if keegan thought he had a chance of constructive dismissal he wouldn't have signed a confidentiality clause.

does anyone know for sure he has ?

As I've said all along, Keegan was happy to accept it to get his feet under the table.

I'm starting to think you're actually Dennis Wise. :lol:

Same here... How anybody can try to defend a statement or structure like this for a Premiership football club is beyond me. And that's coming from somebody who is actually in favour of a DoF structure, but if there is meant to be no input at all of the manager into the recruitment process how the hell is the manager supposed to achieve the goals set to him and be accountable if they fail?

Keegan did have a say though, Guthrie was his signing and the likes of Bassong and Zayette either stayed or went on the opinion of what Keegan thought of them while on trial.

And you know this how?

Because keegan said on both Bassong and Zayette that he would be speaking to Wise to let him know what he thinks of them, he also talks how he's been monitoring Guthrie since Bolton played Man Utd and that was where he caught his eye.

Unless it's all bollocks like and KK had to say that or he'd be locked back under the stairs.

Well, that's seriously what it looks like mate. Officially he wasn't even allowed to speak about these things at all, so imagine what would have happened if he had gone against the corporate line.. He was forced into a position where he needed to play fair weather or shut up. The only amazing thing is Keegan lasted as long as he did with these retards in charge..

Guest elbee909

i think the tide is turning on keegan with the release of this statement.

Yes, look at the tide on here.  :idiot2: Everyone's more fucked off with the club if anything.

Whatever side of the argument you're on it's pretty clear that the club is in a no-win situation. They've put out a statement full of emotion and people are slating them for it. I agree that putting out something like that was a mistake, but I'm sure that if they'd put out a slick PR statement they'd have been slated for that too. Having seen this I'm now one hundred percent certain of what I wrote earlier on.

I'd rather they said nothing than put out this. If they don't see how it's going to antagonise already angry fans then they're incredibly ill-advised. Whether you blame Keegan or not, you cannot deny this.

I didn't deny it, I agreed with it, it was definitely a mistake, but like I said, nothing they can say or do will change a lot of people's minds. A lot of fans have already decided what went on and who's at fault, despite not knowing anything about what actually happened, that was obvious from the moment people were kicking off outside the ground before even knowing whether he had gone or not.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, reality is irrelevant to most people on here and elsewhere, they think they know what's what and they're not going to even contemplate for a second whether they're right or not, whatever happens. It's f***ing madness, mass-hysteria on a huge level, and people are seriously suggesting that the club's future should be given over to these people!?! I'm sorry, but I quite like actually having a club to support, it'd be gone within a year if that ever happened.

great posts indi. Agree in everything you says.

They could be lying for all anyone knows!

As if the board are going to release a statement saying "It is a fact that we lied to Kevin from day one. It is a fact that our recruitment team has undermined Kevin Keegan throughout the entire transfer window and signed players that they wanted without Kevin's approval"

It's clear they're releasing this because they know KK can't respond because of the terms of his confidentiality agreement.

They're fucking messing him about, and some of the fans are starting to believe them. It's exactly what they want, people doubting KK, starting to like Ashley and his board again. It's pathetic of them, they're the ones that have thrown their toys out of the pram.

Theres also the point that they say Ashley wanted Redknapp who has stated categorically he wouldn't work under this system.

Not only that but he's walked away from jobs twice over it, first the Croat at Pompey then Woodward at Saints.

Newcastle: there was no getting through to Kevin Keegan

Newcastle: We've just sold James Milner for 12m pounds, think you're spending any of it? Not a chance, muhahahaha

thechnically it was spent on xisco and others i suppose. i wonder if schweinsteiger will be asked his thoughts ?

Theres also the point that they say Ashley wanted Redknapp who has stated categorically he wouldn't work under this system.

He was happy to work with it under Grant and said what a big loss it was for Portsmouth when he left for Chelsea.

Anyone believeing Keegan wanted Henry, Ronaldinho, and Lampard is basically calling him an idiot.

In that case. Why can we believe what Keegan says or what is reporting against the board. these guys must be idiots.

Guest elbee909

Team = a group of players.  How is not having full say on what PLAYERS you have in your TEAM, TEAM management?  It's like they fail to see the contradiction, on purpose, just to piss everyone off.