KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest black n white

NUFC have every right to air their views, looks like keegan's as much to blame

They've got another thing coming when Keegan will air his side of the story, especially if it strategically timed at a couple of hours before next Saturday's match.. Doubt if Keegan will stoop to the same levels as this bunch though..

Sorry, but if you think Keegan hasn't been having his say for months, then you're seriously deluded!!

Where do you think the media have been getting all their inside info from!?!

Who'd have thought naive old KK would have totally gotten the better of cynical hard-nosed businessman Mike Ashley in the manipulation stakes, f***ing hell man he's had us all fooled, the blokes a PR genius!! A media manipulator par excellence.

I have no idea what you're trying to imply here

That doesn't surprise me.

I'm not implying anything I'm saying that Keegan, or someone on his behalf or with his interests at heart, has been talking to the media for months planting stories showing things from his point of view. That's not an implication its a direct accusation. I was one of the people who had been saying it was bollocks and the press were just making things up and s***-stirring because they didn't know what was going on, but seeing as it's now obvious that they knew exactly what was going on - or at least one side of it anyway - I've had to reassess my view, I was wrong.

People have been talking about Keegan having signed a confidentiality agreement, but I'd expect that's a totally pointless exercise as his view will undoubtedly turn up in the papers anyhow.

Confidentiality agreements are signed upon settlement of cases not when they start; Keegan is no longer an employee of the club and there would have to be some pretty tight writing of his contract (not apparent in the content of the club statment) to keep him quiet. Of course, his being required to silence is, in any case, compromised by the tone and content of the club statement tonight. Let battle commence.

it has already been won my friend

People have been talking about Keegan having signed a confidentiality agreement, but I'd expect that's a totally pointless exercise as his view will undoubtedly turn up in the papers anyhow.

Much as I'd like to hear Keegan's side of this saga, we could really do without it. The club have proved tonight they don't mind getting into a mud-slinging contest. In reality it does nothing but damage the club.

Guest Howaythetoon

I hope KK keeps his mouth shut. No point getting involved in a public slanging match.

I think he will, although I expect many friends to start sticking up for him, especially within our own papers like Beardsley, Bez, Super Mac etc.

you have to ask why the club are putting this statement out. it doesnt make much sense.

the tone and blaming aspect of this seems like it is not meant for the fans as it will just enflame them.

if it was meant for the fans the person responsible must be both quite vindictive and very stupid, which to me points to wise or llambias, neither of whom are in their roles because of their intellectual acuity.

mind you, it mirrors the statement they put out about Owen ie. one that isn't aimed at doing anything pragmatic, but one that shifts the blame and pressure elsewhere.

it seems rather than take a practical approach, some people remaining at the club just want to be right and in power, and will go to any lengths in pursuit of this, regardless of how vindictive they get, regardless of who has to leave the club, even at the expense of fucking the club and the fans over.

classic case of absolute power corrupting absolutely.

that statement angers me, and i've not been protesting outside SJP. whoever thought that was a good idea was fucking clueless.

aye, i just can't see what they were trying to achieve. i expected the typical terse, lawyer-like statement, if anything. this reads like it has been written by a 12 year old in a fit.

though it was always said that sports direct never did things conventionally and always pissed everyone off.

bound to be something in the Sunday rags.  Nobody does statements at this time of night

This is what I am thinking. They are trying to pre-empt a story that will shed a dark light on them. It would account for the way their statement is worded, like it's put out hastily and in anger, without much thought gone into it.. They're at the panic stations by the look of it. So far for the stability we so desperately crave..

Guest elbee909

Who the fuck is going to want to work for them now?  Any replacement manager would look at this treatment and think 'sod that for a game of soldiers'.

Guest black n white

Just pulling your leg mate. How I wanted to prove him wrong. :(

Well we were just being taken in by Keegan as well as other club employee's, don't forget that.

how did you come to that conclusion?

Guest optimistic nit

you have to ask why the club are putting this statement out. it doesnt make much sense.

the tone and blaming aspect of this seems like it is not meant for the fans as it will just enflame them.

if it was meant for the fans the person responsible must be both quite vindictive and very stupid, which to me points to wise or llambias, neither of whom are in their roles because of their intellectual acuity.

mind you, it mirrors the statement they put out about Owen ie. one that isn't aimed at doing anything pragmatic, but one that shifts the blame and pressure elsewhere.

it seems rather than take a practical approach, some people remaining at the club just want to be right and in power, and will go to any lengths in pursuit of this, regardless of how vindictive they get, regardless of who has to leave the club, even at the expense of fucking the club and the fans over.

classic case of absolute power corrupting absolutely.

that statement angers me, and i've not been protesting outside SJP. whoever thought that was a good idea was fucking clueless.

aye, i just can't see what they were trying to achieve. i expected the typical terse, lawyer-like statement, if anything. this reads like it has been written by a 12 year old in a fit.

though it was always said that sports direct never did things conventionally and always pissed everyone off.

i think it has the grimy fingers of llamblas all over it ;) :razz:

Keegan might not be able to state his side of the story but I'm sure I heard Bevan of the LMA having his say a couple of days ago. Something about conductors of orchestras. Where did he get that from?

What's the fuss about? Keegan himself acknowledged at the time of Wise's appointment that he had agreed to a DOF structure at the time when he joined. This isn't news.

As with Owen and the story about them asking him to take a pay cut, they are simply correcting a false impression that's developed in the media.

This whole dispute is all about how much money the Board was prepared to spend on players. That's why Keegan walked out the first time. That's why he got into a dispute at Man City. That's why he's walked out this time.

But there is a saying - never complain, never explain.

Guest elbee909

Keegan might not be able to state his side of the story but I'm sure I heard Bevan of the LMA having his say a couple of days ago. Something about conductors of orchestras. Where did he get that from?

Cantona?

Who the f*** is going to want to work for them now?  Any replacement manager would look at this treatment and think 'sod that for a game of soldiers'.

I would, id be sacked though, the first time i got Dennis Wise on his own.

What's the fuss about? Keegan himself acknowledged at the time of Wise's appointment that he had agreed to a DOF structure at the time when he joined. This isn't news.

As with Owen and the story about them asking him to take a pay cut, they are simply correcting a false impression that's developed in the media.

This whole dispute is all about how much money the Board was prepared to spend on players. That's why Keegan walked out the first time. That's why he got into a dispute at Man City. That's why he's walked out this time.

keegan left man city as he'd agreed he wanted to take a break from football. he ended up leaving a couple of months early, as often happens in situations like that.

Guest elbee909

Who the f*** is going to want to work for them now?  Any replacement manager would look at this treatment and think 'sod that for a game of soldiers'.

Yeah, sexual harrassment is a shitter for one's career ;)

Well said, Bobyule.

The best thing the club can do is get someone else in as that will go along way to putting this mistake behind us.

Guest black n white

Much as I'd like to hear Keegan's side of this saga, we could really do without it. The club have proved tonight they don't mind getting into a mud-slinging contest. In reality it does nothing but damage the club.

thats exactly what the sunday papers are for...

they should change their names to the nufc times,the newcastle guardian, the news of newcastle

Yeah, sexual harrassment is a shitter for one's career ;)

;D

;D

But there is a saying - never complain, never explain.

1. With no final say on transfers.

2. The deal offered to Owen is supposedly a cut at basic level with various conditions.

3. Keegan has made several remarks since Jan which suggested he knew there was a very realistic budget - are you saying he suddenly wanted 100m on deadline day or maybe he just wanted the Milner money.

The best thing the club can do is get someone else in as that will go along way to putting this mistake behind us.

Now that I do agree with. We can do without more of this utter farce - the club still carries on and we need to starting salvaging whatever's possible of this season ASAP.