KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So afar, if Keegan has to take some of the blame then how come it is only Ashley/Wise that have to take the brunt of the fans ill-informed rage?

If you're saying it's because of poor PR then I can't go along with that at all, they put out statements when they had something to say. No other club would have acted any differently in their dealings with the fans (read 'media').

It seems to me like he is getting a very easy ride on all counts, even if a small minority of people have enough sense to see what Baggio is saying.

Because the PR and statements they put out have been very poor.

The first statement they put out was several hours after the inital rumours broke, and didn't answer what everyone wanted to know - whether Keegan had gone.

They then waited another two days to respond further, answering what everyone wanted to know in the first place - that Keegan wasn't sacked, and hadn't resigned, so effectively was still at the club.

Then, after KK's resignation and statement of reason (manger should be allowed ot manage, etc) they issued what can only be dscribed as a very unprofessional, almost childish response, with their list of 'facts' - a list of facts that contradict quotes direct from Ashley, Wise, et al in the previous weeks/months.

KK isn't blameless in this, but the Board have acted quite poorly, and would do well to remember what they have said in articles/interviews previously, before stating 'facts'.

Quite laughable that people are pointing to magazine interviews to "prove" the board were lying over how much say KK had over transfers. Obviously they were going to support their manager in public, even if they couldn't seriously follow up some of his more ambitious targets. Try reading between the lines ffs.

Are you a solicitor? I can almost hear Ashley et al beating a path to your door now. C,mon Big TRon, me old mate, find us a defence; yeah, that's right, guv, we were protecting 'im, we were doing wot was best for 'im and the club, of course, the club, that came first, yeah, well, that and Kevin.

I'd have offered my services to King Kev but he's got some low life Legal Aid solicitor.

Guest toonlass

Ok I am not usually an ITK but this has come directly from a friend who is a member of the board(not one of the well known names). Apparantly Keegan was really angry that the "london" lot had ignored his wish list and made moves for the lads who came in on deadline day. There was a board meeting (which my friend was at) and Keegan WAS SACKED, not that all the board wanted this. So the sky headlines saying he was sacked were right. The big wigs on the board hadn't expected the backlash and when it happened Llambias was sent to reinstate Keegan. On the Tuesday night Keegan said he wanted time to think about it, at this time my friend was pretty confident that Keegan would come back. But then Keegan decided that if the board didn't want him he wasn't coming back. I got told this last night.

So afar, if Keegan has to take some of the blame then how come it is only Ashley/Wise that have to take the brunt of the fans ill-informed rage?

If you're saying it's because of poor PR then I can't go along with that at all, they put out statements when they had something to say. No other club would have acted any differently in their dealings with the fans (read 'media').

It seems to me like he is getting a very easy ride on all counts, even if a small minority of people have enough sense to see what Baggio is saying.

The first statement they put out was several hours after the inital rumours broke, and didn't answer what everyone wanted to know - whether Keegan had gone.

They then waited another two days to respond further, answering what everyone wanted to know in the first place - that Keegan wasn't sacked, and hadn't resigned, so effectively was still at the club.

Then, after KK's resignation and statement of reason (manger should be allowed ot manage, etc) they issued what can only be dscribed as a very unprofessional, almost childish response, with their list of 'facts' - a list of facts that contradict quotes direct from Ashley, Wise, et al in the previous weeks/months.

KK isn't blameless in this, but the Board have acted quite poorly, and would do well to remember what they have said in articles/interviews previously, before stating 'facts'.

Quite laughable that people are pointing to magazine interviews to "prove" the board were lying over how much say KK had over transfers. Obviously they were going to support their manager in public, even if they couldn't seriously follow up some of his more ambitious targets. Try reading between the lines ffs.

Are you a solicitor? I can almost hear Ashley et al beating a path to your door now. C,mon Big TRon, me old mate, find us a defence; yeah, that's right, guv, we were protecting 'im, we were doing wot was best for 'im and the club, of course, the club, that came first, yeah, well, that and Kevin.

I'd have offered my services to King Kev but he's got some low life Legal Aid solicitor.

Brilliant.

Ok I am not usually an ITK but this has come directly from a friend who is a member of the board(not one of the well known names). Apparantly Keegan was really angry that the "london" lot had ignored his wish list and made moves for the lads who came in on deadline day. There was a board meeting (which my friend was at) and Keegan WAS SACKED, not that all the board wanted this. So the sky headlines saying he was sacked were right. The big wigs on the board hadn't expected the backlash and when it happened Llambias was sent to reinstate Keegan. On the Tuesday night Keegan said he wanted time to think about it, at this time my friend was pretty confident that Keegan would come back. But then Keegan decided that if the board didn't want him he wasn't coming back. I got told this last night.

Interesting stuff, I'm not going to doubt your source, just one quick question though, why would keegan go along with "he resigned", there's nothing in it for him to and everything in it for him to have been sacked ?

if you want to talk about "saying the right thing", how about responding to what I asked you and baggio earlier ?

what was that?

post nr 5236

Not really sure what you are expexcting me to respond to there. If you want my take on the whole situation, it's that neither side is blameless. As for defending Ashley, seeing their point of view wrt signing players within their means and of a certain age bracket doesn't mean I think the sun shines out of his arse.

It probably shines out of Keegan's tbh.

Ok. It's about Smith, and the comments you and Baggio made. Its a shame Baggio has taken an immature stance to it.

But basically, there are 2 possible answers.

One is that Keegan actually does, or did, want to keep Smith. Maybe he thinks he can do more, maybe he remembers the player he was at Leeds. A combination of both.

The 2nd and only other possible alternative, is that yes he wanted rid of Smith but knew he wasn't going to get a replacement without spending more bucks than they were prepared to hand over. Or had to sell first of course. So, if anybody was saying the right thing, it was Keegan. Lying to say the right thing to big up Smith [as any good manager would do] and also to protect his employers. As usual its Keegan putting the good of the club first.

They bought in a striker anyway, against Keegan's wishes. Is Keegan justified in feeling angry? Yes. Were they right to buy the striker in any case? Yes. It's not a case of black and white good v evil. I think most people already know this but are intent on polarising round their chosen side.

I'm aware they bought in a striker, but not one that he wanted. They also sold Milner first, which is part of my point.

I'm not polarising anything. What I'm saying is what happened, and what was fairly obvious was going to be the way they intended to do things.

If Ashley had bought a player Keegan wanted, with the intention of buying to build and improve the team first, then Keegan would still be here, and he would have been well on the way to ending the doubts I had about him and how he intended to run the club.

It's all over for him, Tron. He can't recover, I can't think of an available manager that would come to the club and will get him out of this, can you ?

Fact is, the old board were so disliked [for whatever reasons, misguided or otherwise and you know my thoughts and I don't really want to dig it up] if he had appointed any other manager other than Keegan last january, he would probably have got away with his system for a few years, until the frustration of underselling the club became more apparent to people. Thats what I think anyway, but now we'll probably never know.

Guest toonlass

Interesting stuff, I'm not going to doubt your source, just one quick question though, why would keegan go along with "he resigned", there's nothing in it for him to and everything in it for him to have been sacked ?

I never said he resigned. The club were desperate to have him back when they realised the backlash that was occuring. Keegan was not prepared to come back to the regime that was being proposed, i.e him being a coach  not a manager.

Didn't think this warranted a thread of it's own but someone sent me this link, obviously created by one of those that keep telling us how we are not a big club, in fact they've gone to the effort of building a web page to prove it. Can someone call the internet police for their use of the badge?

www.northwestblues.co.uk/GeordieShop.html

Don't shoot me but that is actually quite funny if you don't take it too seriously.

Didn't think this warranted a thread of it's own but someone sent me this link, obviously created by one of those that keep telling us how we are not a big club, in fact they've gone to the effort of building a web page to prove it. Can someone call the internet police for their use of the badge?

Don't shoot me but that is actually quite funny if you don't take it too seriously.

I thought it was quite funny too.  :lol:

I never said he resigned. The club were desperate to have him back when they realised the backlash that was occuring. Keegan was not prepared to come back to the regime that was being proposed, i.e him being a coach  not a manager.

No KK himself said he resigned. What you have wrote implies he was sacked then asked to come back. My question was what's in it for KK to say he resigned, it way more likely that he'll get a good package if he was sacked. Nothing in it for him to cover the allegeded sacking up.

I'm aware they bought in a striker, but not one that he wanted. They also sold Milner first, which is part of my point.

I'm not polarising anything. What I'm saying is what happened, and what was fairly obvious was going to be the way they intended to do things.

If Ashley had bought a player Keegan wanted, with the intention of buying to build and improve the team first, then Keegan would still be here, and he would have been well on the way to ending the doubts I had about him and how he intended to run the club.

It's all over for him, Tron. He can't recover, I can't think of an available manager that would come to the club and will get him out of this, can you ?

Fact is, the old board were so disliked [for whatever reasons, misguided or otherwise and you know my thoughts and I don't really want to dig it up] if he had appointed any other manager other than Keegan last january, he would probably have got away with his system for a few years, until the frustration of underselling the club became more apparent to people. Thats what I think anyway, but now we'll probably never know.

The striker Keegan wanted was Schweinsteiger who turned the move down. We then bought Xisco who Keegan probably wasn't even aware existed, without his approval. This was wrong, but in a way it was right. Keegan wanted to hold onto Smith because his knowledge of Xisco was non-existent. Wise & co needed to act fast to get a striker in and rightly thought Smith was a no-hoper. The rest is history (or whoever's version you believe).

Midfielder or even wingback?

Not a striker really is he? 

Think he pretty much plays all across the park. Keegan simply just wanted him as a replacement for Milner. He turned us down leaving the scouting team red faced and keegan seething.

Xisco didnt have much to do with it according to most rumours.

I thought he was a winger?

I would actually have been pleased to have had him replace Milner, but no way is he  a striker and we still needed one. It was just one step backwards and one step forwards in terms of overall strength.

"Purchasers will receive a free copy of the Joey Barton Guide to Charm and Sophistication, with foreword by Lee Bowyer."

:lol:

I would actually have been pleased to have had him replace Milner, but no way is he  a striker and we still needed one. It was just one step backwards and one step forwards in terms of overall strength.

I don't remember Keegan pushing too hard for a striker though. His priority was a left back, then a midfielder and after that a striker maybe. He might not have got what HE wanted, but the club definitely needed a striker and an attacking midfielder in most people's view.

I don't remember Keegan pushing too hard for a striker though. His priority was a left back, then a midfielder and after that a striker maybe. He might not have got what HE wanted, but the club definitely needed a striker and an attacking midfielder in most people's view.

Getting a loan signing in is so short term though. If this fella was any good & our network was sooooooooooopa we should of spotted him & tried to sign on a perm when he moved hours before joining us. Lets hope he can play as well as he did for Monaco at the back end of the season.

The striker Keegan wanted was Schweinsteiger who turned the move down. We then bought Xisco who Keegan probably wasn't even aware existed, without his approval. This was wrong, but in a way it was right. Keegan wanted to hold onto Smith because his knowledge of Xisco was non-existent. Wise & co needed to act fast to get a striker in and rightly thought Smith was a no-hoper. The rest is history (or whoever's version you believe).

He was the Milner replacement, and isn't a striker. Also, how the hell do you know he turned us down? Some sources say Wise had told Keegan the transfer was droppet by Jimenez. There's no statement by Schweinsteiger, anyehere.

Guest toonlass

No KK himself said he resigned. What you have wrote implies he was sacked then asked to come back. My question was what's in it for KK to say he resigned, it way more likely that he'll get a good package if he was sacked. Nothing in it for him to cover the allegeded sacking up.

Ahhh right, I dunno, all I do know is that on the tuesday night my friend believed that Llambias had persuaded Keegan to come back. That was when the statements saying he hadn't been sacked came flashing up on sky.

if you want to talk about "saying the right thing", how about responding to what I asked you and baggio earlier ?

what was that?

post nr 5236

Not really sure what you are expexcting me to respond to there. If you want my take on the whole situation, it's that neither side is blameless. As for defending Ashley, seeing their point of view wrt signing players within their means and of a certain age bracket doesn't mean I think the sun shines out of his arse.

Ok. It's about Smith, and the comments you and Baggio made. Its a shame Baggio has taken an immature stance to it.

One is that Keegan actually does, or did, want to keep Smith. Maybe he thinks he can do more, maybe he remembers the player he was at Leeds. A combination of both.

The 2nd and only other possible alternative, is that yes he wanted rid of Smith but knew he wasn't going to get a replacement without spending more bucks than they were prepared to hand over. Or had to sell first of course. So, if anybody was saying the right thing, it was Keegan. Lying to say the right thing to big up Smith [as any good manager would do] and also to protect his employers. As usual its Keegan putting the good of the club first.

still no response from Baggio, who has been online.

Can't say I;m surprised.

As he actually posed the question too .......

what was that?

post nr 5236

Can't say I;m surprised.

I've only just noticed that actually but now I know you're desperate for me to reply I think I'll give it a miss. :lol:

How sad is it you've been checking if I've been online btw.

what was that?

post nr 5236

Can't say I;m surprised.

I've only just noticed that actually but now I know you're desperate for me to reply I think I'll give it a miss. :lol:

I would have thought you'd be desperate to prove the point that you think the system you long championed, was a good one, that gave automatic success etc etc

Your problem lad.

We know the real reason why you won't answer

what was that?

post nr 5236

Can't say I;m surprised.

I would have thought you'd be desperate to prove the point that you think the system you long championed, was a good one, that gave automatic success etc etc

Your problem lad.

We know the real reason why you won't answer

:lol: :lol: :lol: