KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

just got sent this on email

no Idea what the blunderland message board is that the sender refers to but its doing the rounds at work, could ofc be a massive SMB wind up which is what i expect it to be.

On Sunderland message board

I was chatting to a former professional footballer today who I know quite well (and not a micky mouse one at that - he's won the FA Cup, but i'll not name names) but he's played for one of the big 3 North East clubs.

Word on the street amongst the football fraternity about the Keegan debarkle is.....

Keegan was informed he would get certain players before the transfer deadline and would keep certain players.

Milner was sold and although this was disappointing and unexpected, Keegan was informed they would be getting a world class premiership player from the top 4 in his place. This did not happen.

Keegan's contract is currently worth £8million. If he is sacked it would cost the scum the total sum of his contract - so after tax and NI, Keegan would get £6.5m.

I've been reliably informed that he is most definately not in the position to walk away from this money and resign (obviously this is alot of money and not many people could afford to do without it) - but you see from the likes of Alan Curbishley who has walked away from West Ham without receiving a penny in compensation. Keegan needs the money!

The League Manager's Association (LMA) has stepped in as Keegan wants to leave but does not want to resign and the club want to sack him but don't want to have to make the huge pay off.....

This is an untenable situation for King Kev and he will most definately be leaving NUFC once the finances have been sorted.....I'd expect a statement by the weekend saying that they have parted company 'by mutual consent' meaning the LMA have brokered a deal for Kev to get a nice golden handshake and Ashley's fingers not to be burnt too much.

That is all. But again from a very reliable source and not made up like many of the attention seeking wind up merchants on here.

Absolute codswallop.

Have to agree. If people think Keegan is skint after plowing 3m in to his soccer circus they're mad. After a distinguished carreer as a pro footballer he has been manager of Newcastle, Fulham, England and Man C (and then again us). I seriously doubt he doesn't have substancial savings elsewhere or he wouldn't have invested so much into the circus project in the first place.

no no no, dont you realise, when anyone invests in anything, they put every single last penny of their life savings into it, even when they have co-investors like mohammed al fayed. bottom line, KEEGAN IS SKINT.

Are you his bank manager?  How the fuck do you know?

fucking common sense?

If KK leaves, it won't be without a payout - the fact that this has dragged on so long indicates that hard bargaining is taking place & it can't now be about Llambias, Wise etc - if that HAD been the case, Ashley would have said yea or nay by now ; this looks to be about money..

KK DOES love NUFC I'm sure, but he has NEVER been slow to undervalue himself, right from the day Shankly wanted to sign him from Scunthorpe - he refused Shanks' offer of 45 pounds a week and insisted on 50 - this from a kid being offered a place at the best club in England when he was playing in the Fourth Division..

What concerns me most now is that if he DOES go, we shall have a really difficult job getting a top manager. The club will be in a terrible predicament..

On the positive side (allegedly);

Chelsea- Have a "foreign" set up and bought players over Mourihno's head, failed to land their number one target this summer.

West Ham- Selling players over their managers head, manager resigned.

Spurs- Have a "foreign" set up. Did Ramos really know who Alan Hutton was in the january window? (did he fuck)

Liverpool- Not stumping up the cash for their main transfer targets, causing rifts throughout about "backing".

Blackburn- Forced into selling two of their best players, Friedel and Bentley.

Man City- I week ago they were the worst run club in the league.

Disclaimer- This was merely an attempt to point out other clubs "similar" promblems and not in anyway a comparison to our problems or trying to create an excuse to those responsible for our problems ;)

Anyone thought of doing a hunger strike until KK is confirmed as staying on as manager? Or maybe strapping themselves to the railway lines like some Indian guy did not long ago to get a player back in the national cricket side?

Maybe we could strap gelignite to ourselves and stand outside the board room until Keegan is given free reign on transfers and £200million cash to buy a new team in January.

Anyone reckon that would work?

Maybe set fire to yourself and throw yourself off the top of the Gallowgate to really make an impact.

no Idea what the blunderland message board is that the sender refers to but its doing the rounds at work, could ofc be a massive SMB wind up which is what i expect it to be.

I was chatting to a former professional footballer today who I know quite well (and not a micky mouse one at that - he's won the FA Cup, but i'll not name names) but he's played for one of the big 3 North East clubs.

Word on the street amongst the football fraternity about the Keegan debarkle is.....

Keegan was informed he would get certain players before the transfer deadline and would keep certain players.

Milner was sold and although this was disappointing and unexpected, Keegan was informed they would be getting a world class premiership player from the top 4 in his place. This did not happen.

Keegan's contract is currently worth £8million. If he is sacked it would cost the scum the total sum of his contract - so after tax and NI, Keegan would get £6.5m.

I've been reliably informed that he is most definately not in the position to walk away from this money and resign (obviously this is alot of money and not many people could afford to do without it) - but you see from the likes of Alan Curbishley who has walked away from West Ham without receiving a penny in compensation. Keegan needs the money!

The League Manager's Association (LMA) has stepped in as Keegan wants to leave but does not want to resign and the club want to sack him but don't want to have to make the huge pay off.....

This is an untenable situation for King Kev and he will most definately be leaving NUFC once the finances have been sorted.....I'd expect a statement by the weekend saying that they have parted company 'by mutual consent' meaning the LMA have brokered a deal for Kev to get a nice golden handshake and Ashley's fingers not to be burnt too much.

That is all. But again from a very reliable source and not made up like many of the attention seeking wind up merchants on here.

Absolute codswallop.

Have to agree. If people think Keegan is skint after plowing 3m in to his soccer circus they're mad. After a distinguished carreer as a pro footballer he has been manager of Newcastle, Fulham, England and Man C (and then again us). I seriously doubt he doesn't have substancial savings elsewhere or he wouldn't have invested so much into the circus project in the first place.

no no no, dont you realise, when anyone invests in anything, they put every single last penny of their life savings into it, even when they have co-investors like mohammed al fayed. bottom line, KEEGAN IS SKINT.

Are you his bank manager?  How the f*** do you know?

f***ing common sense?

I know soccer circus isn't going great but I highly doubt he is skint although I can't say for sure, but I'd say there's mroe chance of him not being skint than being skint, you wrote it as fact, which you cannot possibly know.

Absolute codswallop.

f***ing common sense?

I know soccer circus isn't going great but I highly doubt he is skint although I can't say for sure, but I'd say there's mroe chance of him not being skint than being skint, you wrote it as fact, which you cannot possibly know.

haha, i wrote it as fact? are you a lawyer? i was taking the piss, chill out.

Absolute codswallop.

f***ing common sense?

haha, i wrote it as fact? are you a lawyer? i was taking the piss, chill out.

I think we all need to chill out, but you can't when shit like this happens.

Guest Chubby Jason

Who gives a fuck about Soccer Curcus? All this talk of Keegan's financial position is irrelevant and quite insulting to the man. If hwas so "skint", which is obviously is not then why did he not take a job in football before deciding to come back here? He came back to NUFC because he loves the club and it was the only job he would have gone back into managment for. How on earth we have got to the stage of questioning KK's motives for returning is baffling.

Who gives a fuck about Soccer Curcus? All this talk of Keegan's financial position is irrelevant and quite insulting to the man. If hwas so "skint", which is obviously is not then why did he not take a job in football before deciding to come back here? He came back to NUFC because he loves the club and it was the only job he would have gone back into managment for. How on earth we have got to the stage of questioning KK's motives for returning is baffling.

Word up.

Parky is that you telling me to stop preaching!?! :s :lol: Ok then, let's all join in with the hysteria, who's up for torching the ground!?!

Hysteria? (Ho ho)...I don't think it's even started yet.

Chavez has intimated he is ready to supply the guns.  :joker:

Guest Howaythetoon

He'll be back, he'll get what he wants and we'll all live happily ever after. If not expect Ashley to be found floating in the Tyne with a beer glass sticking out from his forehead.