KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vetere and Jiminez are the important ones here. I think it's pretty obvious they were the people who identified these targets, not Wise, so all those saying if we lose Wise we lose the ability to bring those players in seem to be jumping the gun. If losing Wise means we lose the other 2, then we have a problem, otherwise we're laughing.

Another thing was Ashley explicitly stated Wise's remit was to bring in 6 under 17 players a year and he had nothing to do with the first team. If Wise is sacked / leaves i think it's safe to assume Ashley was lying to us all.

Yeah petelockey i can see what you're saying there, Ashley did say that about Wise. But the thing is, if you remember the KK Milner interview before the Arsenal game (it can be found on the BBC website, the 9 minute long one), towards the end of the interview the journalists asked KK about Kamil Zayatte and whether he was training at the club. KK confirmed he had trained with us, and that he liked the look of him because he played more than one position. KK then said something along the lines of:

"look i'm not saying anymore because it would be wrong to let Dennis and Jeff know what i think of the player through you lot, without speaking to them myself first"

When he spoke the emphasis was on Wise. It seems he does have a big role to play in bringing in players. It was the same with KK's interview about Jonas, which is why everyone gave me so much stick. KK said Dennis called and told him "i got this player called spiderman in, he's great you'll have to check him out" an KK then said he checked him out and he seemed a good prospect.

Points to the fact that Keegan has final say though, although that'll be ignored.

Do we all at least agree that Keegan is the best man for the job here right now, and that we should be doing our utmost to sort any issues out to keep him here?

I firmly believe that. The signs of improvement have been very apparent with people apparently pulling in different directions - imagine if the entire club is going in the same direction

Wise goes and the other two go...KK appoints his own choices then I'll be happy as fuck.

Ashley to actually start acting like an owner and take over as chairman, or Mort to return, I'd be even happier.

I could see Mort coming back.

Was thinking about it today, maybe KK misses him since he bent over backwards for him.

Vetere and Jiminez are the important ones here. I think it's pretty obvious they were the people who identified these targets, not Wise, so all those saying if we lose Wise we lose the ability to bring those players in seem to be jumping the gun. If losing Wise means we lose the other 2, then we have a problem, otherwise we're laughing.

Another thing was Ashley explicitly stated Wise's remit was to bring in 6 under 17 players a year and he had nothing to do with the first team. If Wise is sacked / leaves i think it's safe to assume Ashley was lying to us all.

Yeah petelockey i can see what you're saying there, Ashley did say that about Wise. But the thing is, if you remember the KK Milner interview before the Arsenal game (it can be found on the BBC website, the 9 minute long one), towards the end of the interview the journalists asked KK about Kamil Zayatte and whether he was training at the club. KK confirmed he had trained with us, and that he liked the look of him because he played more than one position. KK then said something along the lines of:

"look i'm not saying anymore because it would be wrong to let Dennis and Jeff know what i think of the player through you lot, without speaking to them myself first"

When he spoke the emphasis was on Wise. It seems he does have a big role to play in bringing in players. It was the same with KK's interview about Jonas, which is why everyone gave me so much stick. KK said Dennis called and told him "i got this player called spiderman in, he's great you'll have to check him out" an KK then said he checked him out and he seemed a good prospect.

Points to the fact that Keegan has final say though, although that'll be ignored.

The Zayatte quote does yeah. The spiderman one doesn't.

The Zayatte quote does yeah. The spiderman one doesn't.

So basically we'll never know.

Do we all at least agree that Keegan is the best man for the job here right now, and that we should be doing our utmost to sort any issues out to keep him here?

Pretty sure we know the answer (at least) 90% of people on here would give that. You can pick whatever holes you like, there's something special about the guy and we just have to keep him

I think part of the problem with Wise (and it's not even his fault) is that people (well, the media) assume he's in line to be manager because he left a job as manager to come here. Getting rid of him will help quelle these rumours

And because he's Dennis Wise. Your average casual Newcastle fan who takes an interest but tends to just get their info from papers doesn't know who Tony Jimenez is.

I guess we won't really no the impact of (and if) Wise has gone until the next window.

From what we've seen of the new signings, 4 look like top notch players... getting rid of Milner for £12m was brilliant business IMO and the proposed £3m for Smith would have been equally as good. Yes we needed a few more players, but as to why thats not happened is anyone guess.

But if Wise going was required for Keegan to stay then it had to happen. The club will implod if keegan left and we would really be starting from scratch. The next few days and week will be very interesting in what is revealed.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Wise goes and the other two go...KK appoints his own choices then I'll be happy as f***.

Ashley to actually start acting like an owner and take over as chairman, or Mort to return, I'd be even happier.

Was thinking about it today, maybe KK misses him since he bent over backwards for him.

Would love the return of the Mortinator like.

In an ideal world the system in place right now would be both fruitful and work like a charm, but in the world of football it's gone balls up.

At the end of the day if KK isn't happy then may be restructuring is the only option.

Wise goes and the other two go...KK appoints his own choices then I'll be happy as f***.

Indeed.

Before anyone starts, I honestly believe Ashley had no involvement with what happened and believed everything to be running smoothly (merely speculation mind) and that Llambias, Wise where the ones behind most of the upset (although Llambias just a passenger in the tale, but took KK kicking off the wrong way and ended up sacking him on the spot or KK walking).  

I can honestly see Ashley being the one that has said 'Hold the fuck on a minute...whats just happened?'  Gets KK on the phone and talks him into coming back and discussing the issues.

I could be wrong, but I certinally have not been in the Ashley out camp as I really do not know what has happened.

All I know for certain is that I did not, have not, and ever will trust Shitbag Wise at our club.  He is bad news and I believe he was undermining a great man to gain the Management job.

^^ all of the above is my opinion before anyone starts with the whole 'how do you know?' etc etc.  

I would love for him to be the man to help take this club forward within the current set-up, but if he can't handle a continental style management structure, we'll get someone in who does.

It's just not that - I don't want us to go through the whole process of locating a new manager and bedding him in as it were again. Especially now, at the start of the season with the window just passed. Of course I personally want KK to stay but even if I weren't his biggest fan now isn't the best time to replace managers.

Definitely.  This club has been screaming out for stability since Bobby left.  Instead we've lurched from one crisis to the next. 

I guess we won't really no the impact of (and if) Wise has gone until the next window.

From what we've seen of the new signings, 4 look like top notch players... getting rid of Milner for £12m was brilliant business IMO and the proposed £3m for Smith would have been equally as good. Yes we needed a few more players, but as to why thats not happened is anyone guess.

But if Wise going was required for Keegan to stay then it had to happen. The club will implod if keegan left and we would really be starting from scratch. The next few days and week will be very interesting in what is revealed.

Top notch heh? Don´t you think that´s a bit over the top. The only one who arguably has been exceptional has been Jonas. Collocini is clearly adapting and is of proven quality so will hopefully come good, the other two are merely promising and shouldn´t even be in our first team at the moment..

Guest optimistic nit

dont know about guthrie, i dont have problems with him starting for us, although he shouldn't be our best central midfielder, which he is.

bassong is 21, so i wouldn't have a problem with him being slowly beaded in.

100% yes...along with the rest of Newcastle fans (bar madras) :p

that has a lovely ring to it

Yep.

I agree also. Just hope that we can put this behind us asap and try to look forward instead and talk about the usual..

Xisco hattrick against Hull ;)