KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

David Craig - "Some good news for these fans.....some people think Kevin Keegan could yet return as permanent manager of Newcastle United."

what the f*** is this guy on???

On SSN now?

I wonder if there is anything in this talk of Ashley flying back here today to try and sort things out with Keegan, bookies are taking bets on a Keegan return.

that would just make us even more of a laughing stock.

If Keegan's quit, knowing Ashley was away and unable to speak in person yet, then that just makes Keegan look even worse tbh.

I wonder if there is anything in this talk of Ashley flying back here today to try and sort things out with Keegan, bookies are taking bets on a Keegan return.

If Keegan's quit, knowing Ashley was away and unable to speak in person yet, then that just makes Keegan look even worse tbh.

No it doesn't. In mine, and Keegan's eyes, it shows a lack of support for Keegan if Ahsley thought he could just get his cronies to sort it out.

For all we know, Ashley may be coming back to sack them for not doing that, and bring him back himself. Let's wait and see...but fingers crossed.

I'd rather get laughed at instead of having to write yet another season off.

Its just like the kind of thing that happens at this club though, I was shocked Ashley was not here for the transfer window never mind him not rushing back on Tuesday..

I am sure he will at least want a face to face meeting with Keegan, but whatever happens/happened we will never ever know the whole truth.

Guest elbee909

SkyBet have Keegan 33/1 to be the next permanent manager. :lol:

i'm putting a tenner on that :celb:

Which is precisely the reason it's in the list.  They're cashing in on our sentimentality.

KEVIN KEEGAN finally decided to walk out on Newcastle United after yet another disagreement with the club over their transfer policy.

That’s the news The Chronicle can reveal today.

Thanks for that Alan, I was completely unsure.

He reckons we were trying to flog Owen to Spurs btw.

The reasons why Kevin Keegan resigned

Sep 5 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/09/05/the-reasons-why-kevin-keegan-resigned-72703-21681798/

Thing is, if Jonas and Coloccini weren't on Keegan's list, then Wise and Jimenez did him a favour by getting two top-quality players in for him anyway.

And if he tried to veto Xisco and get a left back instead then he was wrong on that as well, most probably.

That said, I don't think Oliver actually knows what happened.

Aye but what about still trying to sell Owen to Spurs at 10pm on deadline day and not buying a LB when everyone could see we are desperate for a LB.

If that's true it was obviously a bad move, can't argue with that.

However, I completely disagree with us being desperate for a LB, we have Zog and Bassong as adequate cover for now. We really needed a strong, mobile forward who could keep himself fit - I hope Xisco will turn out to be that.