Anil Ambani

LooneyToonArmy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Our position...

We have not expressed interest...

Sounds like a group to me, the only individual reference was actually the bit that did not rule out future plans to invest.

I guess it depends how you want to read it, i'm certainly clutching at any straws i can see!

The poll attached to this thread raised some questions with me.

What exactly is the attraction of buying up EPL clubs anyway. For Abramovich it seems to be a plaything. But for the Glazers and this Abu Dhabi United Group, and for others? The simplest answer would seem to be money, but is there really that much to be made? I guess the answer must be yes or it wouldn't be happening.

If there were 10 teams in the premiership with the financial clout to try and buy their way to success it might make the league more exciting again, for a while, but where would it end? How could that level of investment keep spiralling, because it would have to, without crashing.

Can Platini get restrictive barriers put in place and should he, from the point of view of the Champions League it certainly does seem unfair that some clubs can have 100's of millions of debt whilst others have none, nor are allowed any. (I think.) The equivalent of 'financial doping' someone said, comparing it to a drugged horse.

For a long time football (in England) was just that, football. Any team could come along and show enough improvement to rise to the top before inevitably sinking back down. Now that is all but gone without a sugar daddy, and the EPL seems to be going through one transition after another.

The poll attached to this thread raised some questions with me.

What exactly is the attraction of buying up EPL clubs anyway. For Abramovich it seems to be a plaything. But for the Glazers and this Abu Dhabi United Group, and for others? The simplest answer would seem to be money, but is there really that much to be made? I guess the answer must be yes or it wouldn't be happening.

If there were 10 teams in the premiership with the financial clout to try and buy their way to success it might make the league more exciting again, for a while, but where would it end? How could that level of investment keep spiralling, because it would have to, without crashing.

Can Platini get restrictive barriers put in place and should he, from the point of view of the Champions League it certainly does seem unfair that some clubs can have 100's of millions of debt whilst others have none, nor are allowed any. (I think.) The equivalent of 'financial doping' someone said, comparing it to a drugged horse.

For a long time football (in England) was just that, football. Any team could come along and show enough improvement to rise to the top before inevitably sinking back down. Now that is all but gone without a sugar daddy, and the EPL seems to be going through one transition after another.

Not directly, but from a global marketing perspective the exposure is immense. Football is becomming (has become) a Marketing vehicle no more, no less.

It's like in any big business, the marketing division spends money but doesn't make any profit directly itself BUT if it's doing it's job properly it increases the revenues from the other divisions in the company.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Times

A long campaign is expected. The chances of Ashley being forced out appear mixed, but one prospective bidder for Newcastle - as revealed in The Times on Saturday - offered a glimmer of optimism last night with a denial of an earlier report that ruled out the possibility.

Gaurav Wahi, the vice-president of Reliance Communications - whose majority stakeholder, Anil Ambani, is claimed to be the world's sixth-richest person - denied describing the story as inaccurate. Wahi stated: “The quote attributed to me surprised me as I have not spoken to anybody.”

While Wahi would add nothing further, representatives of Ambani's are said to be in London to discuss the possible purchase of a Barclays Premier League club.

Alan Shearer, Slaven Bilic and Marcelino García Toral, the Real Zaragoza coach, have ruled themselves out of the running to replace Keegan.

Listen, forget all the bluster, there ARE loads of mega rich people out there looking to buy clubs and we will be top or near as damn it on most of their lists.

The current crisis can do nothing but stir them up to make their move.  Lets see what the next 6 months bring eh?

Times

A long campaign is expected. The chances of Ashley being forced out appear mixed, but one prospective bidder for Newcastle - as revealed in The Times on Saturday - offered a glimmer of optimism last night with a denial of an earlier report that ruled out the possibility.

Gaurav Wahi, the vice-president of Reliance Communications - whose majority stakeholder, Anil Ambani, is claimed to be the world's sixth-richest person - denied describing the story as inaccurate. Wahi stated: “The quote attributed to me surprised me as I have not spoken to anybody.”

While Wahi would add nothing further, representatives of Ambani's are said to be in London to discuss the possible purchase of a Barclays Premier League club.

Similar report from Journal today....

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/09/09/indian-group-dismiss-united-reports-61634-21705997/

So there is still hope that MA will sell the club soon

Guest Darth Toon

Indian billionaire Anil Ambani eyeing move for Newcastle

By Martin Hardy

Last updated at 9:21 AM on 09th September 2008

Anil Ambani is expected to press ahead with his interest in taking over Newcastle, although the Indian billionaire may make the move personally rather than through Reliance Communications, the company he heads.

Unpopular current owner Mike Ashley could be tempted to sell for between £250million and £300m. Ambani, 49, is believed to be the sixth richest man in the world at present with a net worth of £24billion.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-1053714/Indian-billionaire-Anil-Ambani-eyeing-Newcastle.html?ITO=1490

There may yet be hope - prayer mats out everybody!

Not quite the arab "money no object, get the best in" take over person though is he ?

Just another businessman. Doing the same as what Ashley is doing now and getting panned for it.

Assuming this take over happens, I can't see any way in the world that Ambani will ask Keegan to come back. Anyone who takes on a local legend will be hamstrung in his decision making for fear of the backlash if KK throws a tantrum.

Assuming this take over happens, I can't see any way in the world that Ambani will ask Keegan to come back. Anyone who takes on a local legend will be hamstrung in his decision making for fear of the backlash if KK throws a tantrum.

Assuming Keegan is treated properly, then I can't see why he would have a "tantrum" (or stick to his principles)

Assuming Keegan is treated properly, then I can't see why he would have a "tantrum" (or stick to his principles)

I can't see any owner wanting to be wary of his P's and Q's to stay on the right side of an employee. For Keegan to be happy, he will want a big transfer war chest. A new owner might reason that most manager's will have some success with a big transfer budget, why take on Keegan?

I can't see any owner wanting to be wary of his P's and Q's to stay on the right side of an employee. For Keegan to be happy, he will want a big transfer war chest. A new owner might reason that most manager's will have some success with a big transfer budget, why take on Keegan?

It's called having a happy, more productive workplace and I hardly think lying to someone is minding their P's and Q's.

Because if they want happy players and fans and the money that comes with that it would be a sensible thing to do.

I just want Ashley out now!

The lack of communication with the fans is disgusting, and combine that with the lack of investment that has left us woefully short on numbers and potentially just having a puppet at the helm, he's shown how little he understands about the area and club.

I thought when Keegan was announced to be coming back he had a grasp of what made us all tick but when you treat a legend with such disrespect like he has you have to think it was all a big P.R stunt from the start just to get the fans on board.

Then you look at players like Faye being flogged for next to nothing, was this a Keegan decision?  Or was it a everyone has their price board decision which left Keegan with the idea someone better would be coming in.

This shambles should be shot of as soon as possible even if it's to a foreign investor.

"Woefully short on numbers" is a bit of an exaggeration to be fair.

tbf, there's not much written about this situation one way or another that isn't ridiculous hyperbole these days.

"SHOOT ASHLEY IN THE FACE WITH A ROTTWEILER, SACK WISE, COME BACK KK", blah blah blah.  It's all gotten rather boring. 

tbf, there's not much written about this situation one way or another that isn't ridiculous hyperbole these days.

"SHOOT ASHLEY IN THE FACE WITH A ROTTWEILER, SACK WISE, COME BACK KK", blah blah blah.  It's all gotten rather boring.  

No, what's got boring is the fact that we have bent over and taken it up the arses from the club for the last 10 years or so.

Is it?

Ok so a team who's supposed to be pushing for Europe and with the injury record of most of our players being rather suspect and not even accounting for suspensions, you're happy with the cover we have and think we're going to compete with the likes of Villa, Man City and even Spurs over the course of the season?

More should have been done, Fact!

No, what's got boring is the fact that we have bent over and taken it up the arses from the club for the last 10 years or so.

true

That's the point though isn't it, it's a different regime now and they shouldn't have to take the backlash for what has gone before them - no matter how bad it was.

If you're genuinely classing the Newcastle United years 1998-2008 as "taking it up the arse" then ... I mean, I can't even respond to that.  I really can't.  There's so much wrong that it would be pointless.

If you're genuinely classing the Newcastle United years 1998-2008 as "taking it up the arse" then ... I mean, I can't even respond to that.  I really can't.  There's so much wrong that it would be pointless.

Tell us...

That's the point though isn't it, it's a different regime now and they shou;dn't have to take the backlash for what has gone before them - no matter how bad it was.

The backlash is nothing to do with previous regimes it's of their own making.

Totally ignoring key areas we needed cover.

Undermining the Manager forcing him to resign.

Screwing up season tickets and ripping fans off with the vision they thought they were buying into over the next 3 years.

Lack of communication and respect for the paying public.

Disrupting the dressing room with word that everyone was up for sale.

I'd say quite a few of their own there like.