Anil Ambani

LooneyToonArmy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

Can we just win one trophy in my lifetime (by any means possible) before we start getting all moral about it?

I'm sure you can buy a trophey from the Grainger Market if its that important!

Do they sell replica FA Cups?

I'd rather have an arab demanding success and willing to pay to get it, than a successful businessman wanting to make Newcastle pay their way successfully.

Other clubs can say what they like.

And what if this bloke did take over and decided that he didn't want keegan as manager? Would we have mongs outside the ground telling him to f*** off back to pakistan [sic], or wouldn't that matter if he pumped money into the club?

They are Indian.

Ashley out, Ambani in.

Sounds like those knock off jeans you get on your hols

The money would be great, its sad but its the way football is going, and seeing as there is only one Wenger who seems to be able to do it without blowing massive money we may have no option but to be one of the massive spenders.

Ashley seems that he does not want to be a massive spender so maybe a takeover is needed if we want to compete with top clubs.

Its the foreign ownership bit that puts me off, so keep Ashley for now and look for investors not buyers..

The myth of all myths to kill all myths that were ever mythed for goodness sake!

He is a man like any other man. He has a passion for doing things the way he does and invests the time and effort necessary to do so. He has also surrounded himself with a large group of like minded people all pullingin the same direction.

We can either do the same which is very possible, and by the looks of the types we have started bringing in just this summer, quite acheivable, or we could go the lazy route and become solely reliant on the whims and fancies of one billionaire.

Ashley is a rich businessman is he not?

It is possible to build a succesful club which can stand on it's own feet and sustain itself.

If things continue the way they are with more and more clubs being taken over the way Man City have just been then no it won't be possible.  The only thing that'll be possible is to have a club with zero chance of doing anything but staying in the league every year.

Of course rather then doing a Chelsea/Man City in order to compete I'd much rather see some new regulations brought in to stop these people coming in an spending silly amounts of money.  But the FA will never do that so..

May I also remind you lot that these billionaires will be even more difficult when it comes to making decisions regarding the playing staff.

Hguhes doesn't have a say in half of the people being bought by Man City right now. It was the same at Chelsea, which is why Mourinho left, despite being the most succesful manager in their history!

If this guy comes in with all that money, what makes you think he would want Brawling Barton or Stinky Smith in the team? How would keegan feel if he demanded they were sold? Hell, he might even want a more flashy, big name manager at the helm? What if this manager doesn't play football the way we like it?

Come on now! It's not the quick easy fix you guys think it is.

May I also remind you lot that these billionaires will be even more difficult when it comes to making decisions regarding the playing staff.

Hguhes doesn't have a say in half of the people being bought by Man City right now. It was the same at Chelsea, which is why Mourinho left, despite being the most succesful manager in their history!

If this guy comes in with all that money, what makes you think he would want Brawling Barton or Stinky Smith in the team? How would keegan feel if he demanded they were sold? Hell, he might even want a more flashy, big name manager at the helm? What if this manager doesn't play football the way we like it?

I imagine he'd be fucking ecstatic about it if Smith and Barton were then replaced by Villa and Kaka :lol:

Look its not about wanting a quick and easy fix, its about seeing the way the games going and making a decision to either get in on it at the ground level or drift even further behind.  It was fine last year to say "Its only one team doing it, we still have some chance of competing", but now its two clubs, how many by next year?  What chance do we have if next year or the year after we end up with Manure, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City and three or four other Chelsea style clubs all ahead of us?  Maybe some of them will even be clubs that were previously behind us.. then what?

So where does this end?

There are 18 clubs in the Premierleague. Are they all going to be bought?

What then happens to the 3 which are relegated?

It will not end well for football in general

I get the feeling that we're just going through some sort of cycle. The bajillionaires will eventually get bored of it all and players will stop making 150,000 quid p/w someday; we'll see a fair bit of regression when that happens but football isn't going to die.

agreed

We can get all moral about it but this is modern football. From now on clubs are going to be bought and sold by rich businessmen around the globe and used as playthings.

If it's a straight choice of being left behind and falling away from the pack or jumping on the bandwagon and winning stuff then I want to be on the bandwagon.

Ashley is a rich businessman is he not?

It is possible to build a succesful club which can stand on it's own feet and sustain itself. It's not like we are buying league 1 players for goodness sake.

I don't think it is a good idea to have the future of the club totally reliant on one man and whatever his whims might be.

If Roman leaves Chelsea then what? Just look at the state of their books. It's crazy. They would go straight down. No one would want to touch a club in such a financial mess.

Ashley is rich but soon he'll not be rich enough.

You can build a successful club now with a bit of nouse and careful spending but will you be able to in years to come? I doubt it. Even Arsenal have got Usmanov to fall back on when they inevitably start to get pushed out of the top four or five. Come to think of it when was the last time Arsenal won a trophy?

I agree it's not a perfect way to run a football club but it's looking increasingly likely that if you want to be successful you need a super rich billionaire to throw stupid money at you. Abramovich coming in was a wake up call and seemed to kick start a spate of takeovers by people who were richer than the owners of yore but not as rich as Abramovich. This Abu Duabi United investment has raised the bar even higher.

I'm not saying it's a good thing. In a perfect world stuff like this wouldn't even be an issue but it needs to be addressed.

I imagine he'd be f***ing ecstatic about it if Smith and Barton were then replaced by Villa and Kaka :lol:

Then you clearly don't understand Keegan or the situation at all.

He wants things done his way and his decisions to be the ones that matter. He doesn't want other people making decisions above his head.

Anyone would have thought Mourinho would be ecstatic to have the Shevchenko at the time right Teasy?

He was the best striker in the world at that moment in time pretty much.

Mourinho hadn't asked for him though. So what happened there then? Mourinho didn't look ecstatic to me.

I'm of Indian heritage...

Cracks me up all these random Indian jokes like Tim Curry, Tim Rice...

Anyway, in my head it would be pretty cool that the club I've loved my whole life would now be owned by an Indian...

But i'm not so sure I'd like that unless we heard reassurances of what he wanted. Ie: Keegan to remain as Manager, Keegan to get warchest and sole say on transfers etc. Current scouting team to exist but answer to Keegan only.

Thats stuff for dreams though...

I imagine he'd be f***ing ecstatic about it if Smith and Barton were then replaced by Villa and Kaka :lol:

Then you clearly don't understand Keegan or the situation at all.

He wants things done his way and his decisions to be the ones that matter. He doesn't want other people making decisions above his head.

Rubbish, he wants things done his way while the alternative is cheapish players most people have never heard of.  But what he wants more then anything else is success for Newcastle United.  He'd be absolutely delighted if a new owner came in and bought the very best players out there for him to play, even if he didn't hand pick them.  If you think any different then you're the one who doesn't understand Keegan..

Anyone would have thought Mourinho would be ecstatic to have the Shevchenko at the time right Teasy?

Mourinho hadn't asked for him though. So what happened there then? Mourinho didn't look ecstatic to me.

Actually no personally I didn't think he should be ecstatic because I thought he might flop ;)  But that's beside the point.  Keegan might not be ecstatic with every signing but he'll be very happy overall if he's getting the best around and bringing success to the club.  Also how is this picture you're painting of lack of control over the club any different to the current situation?, the only difference is the quality of players Keegan has no say over isn't it??

On the one hand I hate the way football is going with people like this but I would have loved it if we were the ones who put bids in for Robinho and Berbatov.

An Alan Oliver exclusive doesn't make me feel confident that there's some truth in this.

Guest sittingontheball

Wenger was lucky, and football isn't like that any more, even he knows that, and is wanting big cash to compete at trophy winning level.

He's lucky his team is in London for starters and he inherited with a good defence, the latter being a possible parallel for Sven and now Hughes at Citeh.  I doubt the average club in the Prem could have signed Bergkamp when Wenger got him. Just as the average club could not have signed Deco, even though he only cost 8 million.

Lots of respect to Wenger though. He's still easily the best I reckon.

Guest johnson293

Actually no personally I didn't think he should be ecstatic because I thought he might flop ;)  But that's beside the point.  Keegan might not be ecstatic with every signing but he'll be very happy overall if he's getting the best around and bringing success to the club.  Also how is this any different to how it currently is (according to the reports you're basing this on anyway)?  Keegan is already having players bought for him right?, just decent to good players rather then the best around..

The difference may come when Keegan wants a player, that the board/owner/recruitment team dont think is worth the money... as was rumoured about Warnock and Lennon on the last day (£5m bids in for each, clubs wanted £6m each, KK told no to the extra million(s) ).

I have nothing against the recruitment team finding players for KK to add to the sqaud if they are good enough - but if they are questioning KK's judgement, and blocking purchases he wants, then that would be wrong.... in my opinion.

Wenger was lucky, and football isn't like that any more, even he knows that, and is wanting big cash to compete at trophy winning level.

He's lucky his team is in London for starters and he inherited with a good defence, the latter being a possible parallel for Sven and now Hughes at Citeh.  I doubt the average club in the Prem could have signed Bergkamp when Wenger got him. Just as the average club could not have signed Deco, even though he only cost 8 million.

Lots of respect to Wenger though. He's still easily the best I reckon.

Yep.

Would like to see what Wenger could do with this club in its current state. Not a lot would would be met bet.

Actually no personally I didn't think he should be ecstatic because I thought he might flop ;)  But that's beside the point.  Keegan might not be ecstatic with every signing but he'll be very happy overall if he's getting the best around and bringing success to the club.  Also how is this any different to how it currently is (according to the reports you're basing this on anyway)?  Keegan is already having players bought for him right?, just decent to good players rather then the best around..

The difference may come when Keegan wants a player, that the board/owner/recruitment team dont think is worth the money... as was rumoured about Warnock and Lennon on the last day (£5m bids in for each, clubs wanted £6m each, KK told no to the extra million(s) ).

Exactly, so the only differences we can think of are positive ones..

Just want to say I'm not desperate for a takeover, even though it may sound like that :lol:  Like I've said I'd much prefer the FA to stop all this nonsense.  Limit clubs to only spend revenue on transfers and wages perhaps, just find some way to stop people from coming in an throwing idiotic amounts of money at clubs, or limit them to a certain level of legitimate debt.  But I don't see that happening, and if things continue down this road then unfortunately I think we need to jump on the bandwagon sooner rather then later.