Anil Ambani

LooneyToonArmy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest hikickry

don't think I want to be taken over outright by some foreign investor who, I don't care what he says, would never really care or understand the club. Someone who yes, may throw money out there, but only to sort out any short term problems. It might seem exciting at first but, to really make a difference, we would have to really throw that money around, and pay ridiculous wages. It couldn't be healthy in the long run. I would much prefer investment alongside ashley, maybe local businessmen, that would be a much better situation. More money, without disrupting our financial stability.

:snod:

Boils down to where the money comes from, for me.

http://blog.i2fly.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/india-mobile.jpg

I could live with it

Probably a big tub of Lonsdale boxers on her head...

Guest hikickry

We will just have to wait until everyone is bought out by billionaires and we can have a level playing field again.

or there is some sort of transfer cap to stop things getting out of control.

Certainly split on whether or not i'd like this. I think it's a horrible, unjust and un-natural way of succeeding - i absolutely detest what's happened at City recently, but sadly it appears to be the only real way to compete.

Guest optimistic nit

think there's about as much truth here as there was that ashley wanted to sell up. if people think ashley doesn't understand football, then what about a billionaire from india?

i like ashley, but if he goes, i wont be that dissapointed, because there have been quite a few yesterdays since he took over (all of them falling in keegan's reign) and my heart cant take it any more. it might also be both in his and the toons interests if he were to go.

i still think he's one of the best men for the job though.

Certainly split on whether or not i'd like this. I think it's a horrible, unjust and un-natural way of succeeding - i absolutely detest what's happened at City recently, but sadly it appears to be the only real way to compete.

I feel the same way. It's spoiling the sport as it isn't based on an ethos that the whole club can work together to bring success (Bringing in young talent etc...), but instead its to do with solely how much money one man/company is willing to throw around on players. However the sad fact is that if we want success we have to be one of those clubs that is doing harm to the sport, and I care more for Newcastle United than the sport in general.

And what if this bloke did take over and decided that he didn't want keegan as manager? Would we have mongs outside the ground telling him to f*** off back to pakistan [sic], or wouldn't that matter if he pumped money into the club?

They are Indian.

Ashley out, Ambani in.

Google "sic".

Since Chelski have done it and bombed everyone out of the water, there isn't really any alternative, other than declare everything they've won null and void and make them give their trophies back. A solution I would favour as it happens.

Guest hikickry

I've been out most of the day, please fill me in.

Has someone offered to buy us?

if you believe alan oliver.......do you?

And what if this bloke did take over and decided that he didn't want keegan as manager? Would we have mongs outside the ground telling him to f*** off back to pakistan [sic], or wouldn't that matter if he pumped money into the club?

They are Indian.

Ashley out, Ambani in.

Google "sic".

Was temporarily like entering bizarro world.

A takeover by a stupidly rich zillionnaire is probably the best way forward from this point. Ashley can retire gracefully with a profit, Wise and Co can be quietly moved out, and Keegan can be given pots of money to spend without (hopefully) having to balance any books or think longer term than the length of his contract.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Ambani planning to fly to the UK on Monday to discuss a club takeover (with NUFC top of his list), according to today's Chron.

Could be Everton now with kenwrights statements.

:(

Ambani planning to fly to the UK on Monday to discuss a club takeover (with NUFC top of his list), according to today's Chron.

Could be Everton now with kenwrights statements.

:(

Don't worry I was just joking,  no-one would buy Everton.  They need to move stadiums and allsorts where as we are a easy fix.  Throw 500M into signings and there you go.  Buy Everton you got to spend about half that on a new stadium and padlocking all of you doors and bins.

Roeder: Let Kevin Keegan manage NUFC

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/09/04/roeder-let-kevin-keegan-manage-nufc-72703-21673487/

"And The Chronicle can reveal that Indian billionaire Anil Ambani and his Reliance Group are ready to harden up their interest in buying United.

My information is that Ambani’s representatives are coming to England on Monday with the intention of buying a Premier League club and the one they have mainly in their sights is Newcastle United.

But Mike Ashley has always insisted that he has no intention of selling United."