Anil Ambani

LooneyToonArmy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ambani planning to fly to the UK on Monday to discuss a club takeover (with NUFC top of his list), according to today's Chron.

Could be Everton now with kenwrights statements.

Which statements are these?

Everton 'need billionaire owner' (BBC)

Everton owner Bill Kenwright says the club need a new billionaire owner if they are to remain competitive in the Premier League.

Kenwright said the massive riches available to Manchester City, who are set to be taken over by the Abu Dhabi United Group, highlighted the need.

"I'm a pauper when it comes to other chairmen," said Kenwright.

"I want Everton to have a billionaire, but it is not me. My shares have been for sale from the day I bought in."

More at the link

Guest johnson293

Roeder: Let Kevin Keegan manage NUFC

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/09/04/roeder-let-kevin-keegan-manage-nufc-72703-21673487/

"And The Chronicle can reveal that Indian billionaire Anil Ambani and his Reliance Group are ready to harden up their interest in buying United.

My information is that Ambani’s representatives are coming to England on Monday with the intention of buying a Premier League club and the one they have mainly in their sights is Newcastle United.

But Mike Ashley has always insisted that he has no intention of selling United."

Any truth, or simply Oliver trying to stir up (more) bad feeling against Ashley?

After all, it would appear (if you believe reports) that the group that bought Man City tried for us first. So Oliver announces this group coming to buy us (even if they aren't) then when they buy Everton or someone else, he probably hopes the fans turn on Ashley for (again) denying us another 'Golden Goose'!

I'll file this under 'Believe it when I see it'

Roeder: Let Kevin Keegan manage NUFC

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/09/04/roeder-let-kevin-keegan-manage-nufc-72703-21673487/

"And The Chronicle can reveal that Indian billionaire Anil Ambani and his Reliance Group are ready to harden up their interest in buying United.

My information is that Ambani’s representatives are coming to England on Monday with the intention of buying a Premier League club and the one they have mainly in their sights is Newcastle United.

But Mike Ashley has always insisted that he has no intention of selling United."

Any truth, or simply Oliver trying to stir up (more) bad feeling against Ashley?

After all, it would appear (if you believe reports) that the group that bought Man City tried for us first. So Oliver announces this group coming to buy us (even if they aren't) then when they buy Everton or someone else, he probably hopes the fans turn on Ashley for (again) denying us another 'Golden Goose'!

I'll file this under 'Believe it when I see it'

I'll Believe it when I see black and white beaded car seat covers in the club shop

More likely that Oliver is trying to make himself relevant again.

He & the Chronic made some very close friends when SJH gained control of the club with the club acting as their quasi-official mouthpieces for years after.

Since Ashley has come in they've had no more special treatment than the rest of the press, although some of the players have done their normal "exclusive" interviews Oliver has had little or no contact from board level.  Some of the drivel that Oliver has come out with seem to be stories purely designed to force the board to talk to him, even if it means that his latest "exclusive" interview with Mike Ashley would be little more than Fuck off Alan, you're a cock.

If Oliver & the Chronic want to remain relevant they need to either make the current board talk to them (unlikely) or champion a new board who will be friendly to them from the outset.

I just can't bring myself to think of us buying our way up the league.

We've gone through the phase of buying high price players over the past few years and in reality we've achieve nothing but a supposed £80m debt before Ashley came in.

Personally I prefer how things are going right now (except the current mockery), we're buying players who aren't coming at ridiculous fees and are improving our team.

I would rather we did things the way we are now instead of buying heartless players who are most often mercenaries.

Guest David Kelly

Fuck off to anyone who says they wouldn't like it.  If this guy were to come and buy out Everton and spash a load of cash where would that leave us?

We are already miles behind the top four and Citeh's new wealth makes that a top five.  Add anyone else to that list and what have we got left to play for each season?  No chance of the league or Europe and very little chance of the cups either if the rich teams want to win them.

The only thing to play for is staying in the league and what are trying to stay in for if it ends up that uncompetitive?

If there's any chance of us getting a mega rich sugar daddy willing to ship in boats full of cash we should jump at the chance.

Fuck off to anyone who says they wouldn't like it.  If this guy were to come and buy out Everton and spash a load of cash where would that leave us?

We are already miles behind the top four and Citeh's new wealth makes that a top five.  Add anyone else to that list and what have we got left to play for each season?  No chance of the league or Europe and very little chance of the cups either if the rich teams want to win them.

The only thing to play for is staying in the league and what are trying to stay in for if it ends up that uncompetitive?

If there's any chance of us getting a mega rich sugar daddy willing to ship in boats full of cash we should jump at the chance.

Absolutely. If we are running the club carefully and prudently, Ashley has done a good job so far. If we have some foreign investor willing to throw enough money blindly at King Kev to compete with Man U I say go for it.

Guest hikickry

f*** off to anyone who says they wouldn't like it.  If this guy were to come and buy out Everton and spash a load of cash where would that leave us?

Absolutely. If we are running the club carefully and prudently, Ashley has done a good job so far. If we have some foreign investor willing to throw enough money blindly at King Kev to compete with Man U I say go for it.

I would only say go for it, if we maintained a level head and used investment the right way. The financial stability we have now would need to stay, because if we started getting reckless again, you know it would only hurt in the long run. I don't think it's as black & white as some are making it out to be.

Are there not similarities between wanting a sugardaddy to buy up the league and being a glory hunter? If people are that desperate to win the league why not support man u? Serious question, there's just no way of putting it that won't send people flying off the handle. Never mind.

Are there not similarities between wanting a sugardaddy to buy up the league and being a glory hunter? If people are that desperate to win the league why not support man u? Serious question, there's just no way of putting it that won't send people flying off the handle. Never mind.

Because they want Newcastle to win the league, not just be supporting a league winner. I think its unfair to label people gloryhunters because of it. All supporters want their team to win things.

I'd find it a bit depressing after so many years of hurt to just buy the title ala Chelsea. But the problem is that I don't think it's possible for anyone to challenge for the title anymore without that kind of investment. It's just the way football has gone, and it's sickening.

They need a salary cap or some way of limiting big spending, it's as simple as that.

We've spent more money than most have in the Premiership over the years. On both good and shite players. On stadium expansion and dodgy dealings in both Asia and the Rock. So what the heck is the difference if we spend the same amount of dosh on some useful signings?

People are taking a really fantastical (fake) view of supporting a club, and how a club actually runs. It's a business. Wake up. If there are investors ready to make your (our) future safe, to say no for ... a misguided view of reality would not only be silly but could end up being shambolic for the future of the club, as nobody knows where the future lies.

Of course, footie changed the day Abramovich stuck his greasy fingers into its already slimy pot, so either we go with the changes (we've already been taken over by a billionaire, mind you, it's just that he hasn't been the stupid money-throwing type) and keep the focus of making this club financially and competetively stable, or fight mid-table battles and keep refusing investment for the sake of "we'd rather lose with money we've spent on shite players than win with spending the same amount or more money on better players, like."

The sad reality, Indi, is that the football fan in me totally agrees with your point of view, and I hated when Abramovich came to England, but since this is the way footie's going, to say no to change would be denying the voice of reason for the voice of nostalgia.

Having said that, I don't want us to turn into a Chelsea or Man City, which is why I like(d) Ashley and his mentality. But after this whole debacle, who the fuck knows what's really going on.

I see your point indi, however just start getting used to settling for 6th place at best for the next 10 years or whatever.

How is that different from now?

The thing I really worry about is what happens when Abramovich (or our version of him) loses interest or in his case gets on the wrong side of Putin and ends up with a Polonium sandwich? Chelsea would be instantly totally fucked. I'm really uncomfortable with the entire future of the club resting on a knife-edge at the whim of some billionaire. You don't get to be a billionaire by being nice remember, these are ruthless people and they wouldn't hesitate to bin NUFC if they felt the need to. There's going to be a global recession in the next few years, who knows what's going to happen to these people's fortunes. They don't even need to be in financial trouble, simple PR could do for us, too. What happens if times get hard in India and all this bloke's customers are suffering the pain, if they start to say "hang about we're fucking skint yet the bloke who owns this company is chucking money about owning a foreign football team", then he could just fuck us off to placate them, it wouldn't be the first time something like that's happened.

Apart from anything, being rich doesn't guarantee you anything, hands up those who think Citeh are going to win the league next season, I doubt they'll even come second actually. How much have Real won over the last few years?

It's not as simple as people are making out, there are risks, big risks and it's far from a no-brainer.

I see your point indi, however just start getting used to settling for 6th place at best for the next 10 years or whatever.

The thing I really worry about is what happens when Abramovich (or our version of him) loses interest or in his case gets on the wrong side of Putin and ends up with a Polonium sandwich? Chelsea would be instantly totally fucked. I'm really uncomfortable with the entire future of the club resting on a knife-edge at the whim of some billionaire. You don't get to be a billionaire by being nice remember, these are ruthless people and they wouldn't hesitate to bin NUFC if they felt the need to. There's going to be a global recession in the next few years, who knows what's going to happen to these people's fortunes. They don't even need to be in financial trouble, simple PR could do for us, too. What happens if times get hard in India and all this bloke's customers are suffering the pain, if they start to say "hang about we're fucking skint yet the bloke who owns this company is chucking money about owning a foreign football team", then he could just fuck us off to placate them, it wouldn't be the first time something like that's happened.

Apart from anything, being rich doesn't guarantee you anything, hands up those who think Citeh are going to win the league next season, I doubt they'll even come second actually. How much have Real won over the last few years?

It's not as simple as people are making out, there are risks, big risks and it's far from a no-brainer.

Well said.

Because at the moment, there's a chance if we get it right, and one of the big four cocks up, most likely Liverpool or Arsenal, you might grab 4th if you have an exceptional season. Throw Man City into the mix, who I reckon will be title contenders next season, and another billionaire at someone like Everton, then even a challenge for European places becomes impossible.

Don't worry about Everton being taken over, it WILL NOT happen in the forseeable.

Kenwright has knocked back Randy Lerner amongst others and it was even down in black and white on the planning application for the new stadium that the current major shareholders were not willing to sell the club.

We're not for sale despite what he says in the media.

He's waiting for the final verdict on the Kirkby stadium, if it gets the go ahead his share price will go up.

The thing I really worry about is what happens when Abramovich (or our version of him) loses interest or in his case gets on the wrong side of Putin and ends up with a Polonium sandwich? Chelsea would be instantly totally f***ed. I'm really uncomfortable with the entire future of the club resting on a knife-edge at the whim of some billionaire. You don't get to be a billionaire by being nice remember, these are ruthless people and they wouldn't hesitate to bin NUFC if they felt the need to. There's going to be a global recession in the next few years, who knows what's going to happen to these people's fortunes. They don't even need to be in financial trouble, simple PR could do for us, too. What happens if times get hard in India and all this bloke's customers are suffering the pain, if they start to say "hang about we're f***ing skint yet the bloke who owns this company is chucking money about owning a foreign football team", then he could just f*** us off to placate them, it wouldn't be the first time something like that's happened.

Sorry Indi, that doesnt make much sense. All this fear mongering of billionaires leaving the club to death is just that exactly. It is exactly because they treat football clubs as an investment, that they will continue supporting it. If they leave it to rot to death, then the value will drop and nobody will buy the club from them. That's a dent in their investment portfolio not to mention reputation. You don't become a billionaire by making poor investment decisions and neglecting the club (or pulling the plug as you put it) would rank as a very poor investment decision both financially and reputation wise (which is very important for these blokes). Being known as the billionaire who screwed NUFC (or a high profile Premiership club which we are) will look really bad on his CV and will have repercussions beyond his investment in the club.

And no, I doubt Ambani's wealth is funded by the average Poor Indian consumers

Just because you get a big influx of cash doesn't mean you have to sell your soul in the process.  No team I root for will ever have it's only asset be lots of cash.  I just can't root for the kind of team that covers up mistakes by throwing more money at them.  But, and it's a big but, there is nothing wrong with having some cash reserves to go out and make a difference.  Having a big influx of cash should help accelerate the rebuilding process, ie: instead of waiting to sell players to buy the type of players you want, you can go and buy the types of players you want and then go and sell the dead wood.  Once you have balanced the team then you can go and balance the budget and then run the team in a fiscally sane way.  That way you can save your cash reserves for that one player that will put you over the top and/or make improvements to the stadium or training grounds if needed.

I understand what Ashley is trying to do and I agree with it.  It should take a while to undo the mess and rebuild the team the right way if you don't have a ton of cash handy.  My only beef (not with Ashley atm) is that someone was telling Keegan one thing and then trying to do something else behind his back.

The thing I really worry about is what happens when Abramovich (or our version of him) loses interest or in his case gets on the wrong side of Putin and ends up with a Polonium sandwich? Chelsea would be instantly totally f***ed. I'm really uncomfortable with the entire future of the club resting on a knife-edge at the whim of some billionaire. You don't get to be a billionaire by being nice remember, these are ruthless people and they wouldn't hesitate to bin NUFC if they felt the need to. There's going to be a global recession in the next few years, who knows what's going to happen to these people's fortunes. They don't even need to be in financial trouble, simple PR could do for us, too. What happens if times get hard in India and all this bloke's customers are suffering the pain, if they start to say "hang about we're f***ing skint yet the bloke who owns this company is chucking money about owning a foreign football team", then he could just f*** us off to placate them, it wouldn't be the first time something like that's happened.

Sorry Indi, that doesnt make much sense. All this fear mongering of billionaires leaving the club to death is just that exactly. It is exactly because they treat football clubs as an investment, that they will continue supporting it. If they leave it to rot to death, then the value will drop and nobody will buy the club from them. That's a dent in their investment portfolio not to mention reputation. You don't become a billionaire by making poor investment decisions and neglecting the club (or pulling the plug as you put it) would rank as a very poor investment decision both financially and reputation wise (which is very important for these blokes). Being known as the billionaire who screwed NUFC (or a high profile Premiership club which we are) will look really bad on his CV and will have repercussions beyond his investment in the club.

How much has Abramovich put into Chelsea so far? £300m, £400m, half a billion? You reckon he's gonna get that back!?! No chance.

Chelsea is his play thing, it's not an investment, not a financial one anyway, although it may be an investment in another sense in that it gives him the right to stay in the UK and what with Russia being the way it is, that's a useful thing for an oligarch, always have somewhere to run if things go sour, look at Thaskin.

Do you seriously think that the people who have bought Man City are buying it to make money from? £32.5m for Robinho!! Is that your idea of a good investment decision?

These people aren't interested in money they're interested in status, both legal and social that's all, the money involved is pocket change to them anyway. They want some bling-bling and at the moment the blingiest thing you can get is a Premiership football club. That won't always be the case though and what happens then?

How much has Abramovich put into Chelsea so far? £300m, £400m, half a billion? You reckon he's gonna get that back!?! No chance.

Chelsea is his play thing, it's not an investment, not a financial one anyway, although it may be an investment in another sense in that it gives him the right to stay in the UK and what with Russia being the way it is, that's a useful thing for an oligarch, always have somewhere to run if things go sour, look at Thaskin.

Do you seriously think that the people who have bought Man City are buying it to make money from? £32.5m for Robinho!! Is that your idea of a good investment decision?

These people aren't interested in money they're interested in status, both legal and social that's all, the money involved is pocket change to them anyway. They want some bling-bling and at the moment the blingiest thing you can get is a Premiership football club. That won't always be the case though and what happens then?

I see your point, but if they do become bored and move on to something else, they'll surely just sell up to the next multi-billionaire playboy / corporation in line. It's not like they'll just dissolve the club and write-off several hundred millions worth of assets

I see your point, but if they do become bored and move on to something else, they'll surely just sell up to the next multi-billionaire playboy / corporation in line. It's not like they'll just dissolve the club and write-off several hundred millions worth of assets

What if there's no next multi-billionaire playboy / corporation in line? Like I said, Premiership football is the flavour of the month, what if it's not when our sugardaddy gets bored? There could well be a number of clubs higher on people's lists if that situation arises, what if there's no multi-billionaire playboy / corporation in line when they get to us?

Of course they won't dissolve the club, there'll always be an NUFC, but they could easily screw us up for a very long time.

Even if Abramovich doesn't demand repayment of his loans to the club when he leaves Chelsea, the drop in their income would finish them off almost instantaneously, they have legally binding contracts with players that require them to pay huge wages each month, they'd never be able to afford that if Abramovich left. Do you think that the players at Chelsea "love" the club to the extent that they'd forgo their wages for a while or take a pay cut? Nah, neither do I.