Anil Ambani

LooneyToonArmy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wenger was lucky, and football isn't like that any more, even he knows that, and is wanting big cash to compete at trophy winning level.

He's lucky his team is in London for starters and he inherited with a good defence, the latter being a possible parallel for Sven and now Hughes at Citeh.  I doubt the average club in the Prem could have signed Bergkamp when Wenger got him. Just as the average club could not have signed Deco, even though he only cost 8 million.

Lots of respect to Wenger though. He's still easily the best I reckon.

I've got loads of time for Wenger but, whichever way you look at it, he had the perfect environment in which to embed his philosophies etc. He wouldn't have been a success here for example, certainly not under freddie anyway.

Oh, and Rioch signed Bergkamp, btw.

New Indian Owner appoints his board

Chairman                              Tim CURRY

Football Director                    Tim RICE

I'd stick to the comedy routine about the club being 5 minutes from receivership before Ashley saved us and how well it's being run now if I were you. That's far more funny, and far less racist.

Chairman                               Tim CURRY

Football Director                     Tim RICE

I'd stick to the comedy routine about the club being 5 minutes from receivership before Ashley saved us and how well it's being run now if I were you. That's far more funny, and far less racist.

Glad somebody beat me to it... What an unnecessary and unfunny comment

Depressing poll, this.  Didn't realise so many people were wanting us to be another Chelsea/Man City.

I was surprised too, honestly.  I thought we Geordies had better morals than wanting to buy the trophy, you know by doing stuff like hard work, perseverance, flair, all that non-sense. 

Also if you really think KK will stick around with dodgy foreign investors owning the club you are seriously mistaken.

I am fine with MA staying as owner but he needs to back keegan properly and let him have final say on everything football that includes incoming and outgoing transfers.

I know MA has spent money but when you added up the amount of money we have received it isnt much and for me it isnt enough we need a bigger squad.

No more racist than the we're going for an english sketch from goodness gracious me

Fucking hell political correctness gone mad!

Guest Wally_McFool

The Ronnie Gill Live featured the story earlier on. The link didn't work for me just now but the story said...

Keegan still wants to manage Newcastle United

Sep 3 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

KEVIN KEEGAN still wants to manage Newcastle United

That is the word from the Keegan camp today.

A source close to the United boss told me: “Kevin still wants the job. Make no mistake about that. But he would like to be able to buy his own players.

“If he was allowed to bring in his own players and he failed he would be the first to hold his hands up.

“He has always bought flair players and players who can get people off their seats.

“You just have to look at what he did at Manchester City.

“The reason they are in the Premier League now is because Kevin brought in both Sylvain Distin and Nicolas Anelka. These were two masterstrokes.”

The latest United crisis is attracting attention from throughout the whole of the football world.

And nowhere more so than in India where billionaire Anil Ambani and his Reliance group are still more than interested in buying Mike Ashley out.

My information is that Reliance are still ready to put a £275m offer on the table for Newcastle United.

Keep up to date with the news. Receive our free E-Newsletters

Have your say on the latest news and sport in our Forums

Guest Mucky01

The Ronnie Gill Live featured the story earlier on. The link didn't work for me just now but the story said...

And nowhere more so than in India where billionaire Anil Ambani and his Reliance group are still more than interested in buying Mike Ashley out.

My information is that Reliance are still ready to put a £275m offer on the table for Newcastle United.

My information = mumbo-jumbo

No more racist than the we're going for an english sketch from goodness gracious me

f***ing hell political correctness gone mad!

bla bla bla

f***ing hell political correctness gone mad!

bla bla bla

See you have no come back so glad you know i'm right

Guest Mucky01

Stupid roumers,any link?now didnt think so

only a rumour started by a local second rate journalist to increase sales of his local newspaper, reported without referring to any quotes or substantiated with any facts or any indication of what he is basing his “information“ on = mumbo-jumbo

definition:

mumbo-jumbo: language intended to cause confusion or bewilderment. Nonsense, gibberish, claptrap, rubbish, balderdash, blather, hocus-pocus; informal gobbledygook.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

Do these people on the moral high ground not remember last time Keegan was here? We broke the world record for the costliest defender (Barton) and broke the world record for a single transfer (Shearer).

For the time we splashed money here there and everywhere. I don't remember anyone complaining then.

Spending the money is the easy bit, but it guarantees nothing. As we found out in 95/96.