Anil Ambani

LooneyToonArmy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have to admit that I would feel slightly cheated, after all these years of not winning anything, if we finally did it by splashing £300m on players.

I know that sounds silly.

Having the best players doesn't always win you things, it's how you gel them that counts, but have to agree it bloody helps

If this is true, like people have said it's not great having to resort to trying to buy the league but if everyone else is starting to do it I think we should as it could actually get us some happier times up here possibly competing in the Champions League. Lord knows we need them :lol:

Bring it on had enough of Ashley tbh cannot see us going forward with him imho after this debacle and transfer window with his bum chums controlling .

apparently even the Arsenal fans are saying AW doesn`t want to wheel and deal to balance the books and he might walk if he`s not given money after next season(even though he said the "money is available"). Their fans seemed pretty pissed off also that they didn`t sign a central midfielder this summer , ending up with a Man U reject in Silvestre for 700k........

Anyone ever started a 2 player Champ Man sesh with the Toon and Chelsea.

Anyone then had Chelsea buy the likes of Shola for £50m to give you a nice warchest.

Isn't as satisfying when you win the league like that.

Similarly using a Game Genie to complete Mario.

Its more satisying spending a million which you have earned compared to that which you have won.

Etc Etc

Guest David Kelly

This is a little hypocritical coming from me (that is, a foreign supporter) but I'd rather see Newcastle stick to its roots (well, in a sense) instead of becoming another rich man's play thing.

Football simply isn't like that any more.  The way it is going the only way to compete is to have a mega rich owner splashing loads of cash.  Considering Chelski, Manure and Citeh's wealth no amount of money will be able to guarantee anything any more other than being able to compete on a more level playing field with the rest.

Anyone then had Chelsea buy the likes of Shola for £50m to give you a nice warchest.

Its more satisying spending a million which you have earned compared to that which you have won.

Etc Etc

Wish i could come and live in the ideal world with you.

As for the story, i hope so, were never going to see CL football again at this rate. Citeh are nailed on 5th for the foreseeable, and a strong challenge for those 4 CL spots.

Only way we will get there is to have the same kind of financial input.

Just imaging this place if we had been taken over on the last day of the window and brought in Robinho and put a £50m bid in for Torres with a promise of 18 players just like him.

Sorry but i want that more than loans from Valencia and unheard of players from Europe.

Personally, I would be physically sick.

Okay, maybe the current owner could do with a tad more splurging, but for us to go the Chelsea/Man City route? No thanks.

It would be completely meaningless. A computer game world. No integrity. A continuous stream of overpaid and over inflated egos coming into the club. No chance for the youth. Sickening.

Etc Etc

Wish i could come and live in the ideal world with you.

I'm not saying its the only way, but everyone with ties to the club would saviour a trophey won on bringing through your own players and hard work more than one which is bought.

Unfortunately though I can only see it becoming harder to win this way unless FIFA bring in some sort of debt management or spending cap ruling.

I have to admit that I would feel slightly cheated, after all these years of not winning anything, if we finally did it by splashing £300m on players.

How else are we going to win anything in modern football?

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

Can we just win one trophy in my lifetime (by any means possible) before we start getting all moral about it?

Can we just win one trophy in my lifetime (by any means possible) before we start getting all moral about it?

;D

my dad said to me recently 'when i was your age i used to think i'd be 60 before i saw us win anything, now i think i'll be dead'

How did Arsenal achieve it these past years?

How did Portsmouth achieve it last season?

I love what Villa are doing right now too. They seem to have the right balance, and are on their way.

We have to be patient and let our owner figure this out. His heart is in the right place, and with a few tweaks we could really make things work in the best possible way.

We can get all moral about it but this is modern football. From now on clubs are going to be bought and sold by rich businessmen around the globe and used as playthings.

If it's a straight choice of being left behind and falling away from the pack or jumping on the bandwagon and winning stuff then I want to be on the bandwagon.

The money would be great, its sad but its the way football is going, and seeing as there is only one Wenger who seems to be able to do it without blowing massive money we may have no option but to be one of the massive spenders.

Ashley seems that he does not want to be a massive spender so maybe a takeover is needed if we want to compete with top clubs.

Its the foreign ownership bit that puts me off, so keep Ashley for now and look for investors not buyers..

No thanks.  I hate what has happened to the game with regards to Chelsea and now Man City so to say otherwise would be hypocritical.

I'd genuinely take more pride from a top 4 finish based on the Arsenal approach of good management and player development, than a money no object league title.

How did Arsenal achieve it these past years? by being in the champions league cartel, they havent won anything for years anyway

How did Portsmouth achieve it last season? by beating one good team, we'll never see that again

I would never like to sell, but it looks like Big Mike is doing a fool of himself and if keegan leaves I wouldn't care i would love us have a rich man and buy all the players we want to.

But lets get the keegan rumours sorted before we make our mind of what we like.

If Ashley sells the club, then he really has fallen for it imo. He's realised we need more money, more than he can throw away, and he cannot give what we deserve in his eyes, and which is why he's been looking at potential investors but no one wants half a club.

With Citeh now resetting the boundaries, everything changes, and what he wants has taken a further step away from it happening.

He's enjoyed his time here, and i hope he remains a fan if he does leave and gets to see the club go in the direction he hoped he could do. He's laid some of the foundations, and his work has been appreciated, but he simply hasn't got the financial clout to get us back in to the CL, and never will.

Etc Etc

Yeah but does Super Mario cheat you by bringing in a crazy billionaire to build a huge golden wall in front of Mario?..  No didn't think so :lol:

As much as I hate the likes of Chelsea and now Man City and what they're doing to the game it looks more and more now like a club will need this kind of money to have any chance at all of success.  For the last few years its been only Chelsea spending insane money, now its Man City as well and there are more organisations looking to buy Premiership clubs and do the same thing.  What's it going to be like when there's 6 or 7 Premiership clubs who can spend £500 million whenever they want and us as we are now?

We can get all moral about it but this is modern football. From now on clubs are going to be bought and sold by rich businessmen around the globe and used as playthings.

If it's a straight choice of being left behind and falling away from the pack or jumping on the bandwagon and winning stuff then I want to be on the bandwagon.

its going to get to the stage where all the stable premiership clubs are owned by billionairs, we might as well jump on the bandwagon now and get a headstart before things leval off again.

Ashley is a rich businessman is he not?

It is possible to build a succesful club which can stand on it's own feet and sustain itself. It's not like we are buying league 1 players for goodness sake.

I don't think it is a good idea to have the future of the club totally reliant on one man and whatever his whims might be.

If Roman leaves Chelsea then what? Just look at the state of their books. It's crazy. They would go straight down. No one would want to touch a club in such a financial mess.

And what if this bloke did take over and decided that he didn't want keegan as manager? Would we have mongs outside the ground telling him to f*** off back to pakistan [sic], or wouldn't that matter if he pumped money into the club?

They are Indian.

Ashley out, Ambani in.