Who Do You Want As Keegan's Replacement?

Tooj

sad to keegan go.....but actually i have been kind of glad of ashleys long term strategy....clearing dephts ect.

....but what i really dont like is that a manager dont sign his own players and have control over his squad.....wise should get rid....and if we absolutely need a person in that role he should only make recommendations of new players to the manager....3-4 different persons cant build a squad or concept of football together.

I think keegan was wrong when he didnt wanted to sell milner for 12 mill......but maybe he knew he woulnt get a replacement? smith should have left as well....mainly because of his high wages!

Being a Dane...i have followed Michael Laudrup quiet alot.....and i dont think he is what we need! would love him to do a great job....but doubt he could!

I WOULD GO FOR:

Rijkaard or Mancini (if he speaks the language)

Guest The Toon Army from farawa

The way the club is set up at the moment only a foreign COACH would take the job. I also believe that due to the personnel in place he will be spanish/spanish speaking.

I believe that this is common practice abroad to have a coach and DOF.

sad to keegan go.....but actually i have been kind of glad of ashleys long term strategy....clearing debts etc.

Right.

Now I wish everyone else would say - OK, we're unhappy and favour Kev. Now show us we were WRONG.

That'd be fair.

Guest Anth.Nufc

I hope to fuck its not but prob wise or poyet. If its not do we have the danger of all the current squad not being who the new manager wants and we start again for 600th time

Guest MrSundlofer

Ashley want to play like Arsenal and have a young good squad. I think we will go for a young manager. Shearer, Zola, Poyet...

But I think Ashley will turn to Wise and sign Poyet or Zola as an assistant.

Don't get your hopes up!

Ashley want to play like Arsenal and have a young good squad. I think we will go for a young manager. Shearer, Zola, Poyet...

But I think Ashley will turn to Wise and sign Poyet or Zola as an assistant.

Don't get your hopes up!

O my god, I hope you're wrong there!

I'm not going to post regarding the manager i want because i don't think it makes a difference. I shall just sit back and watch what the club does.

One thing is for sure, in order to "appease" me, they will have to pull a fucking giant rabbit out of the biggest hat.

Whoever takes over is going to have a hell of a hard job getting the fans on his side. Even if we get someone who is way out of our league like Rijkaard the fans will take a long time to warm to him (if they ever do). Still, whoever does it, it's great money for however long you last (which is unlikely to be how long your contract says).

Don't fool yourselves, it's going to be Wise/Poyet. This week has showed a) how much power the board has and b) how little the fans needs matter. This is club is being run as a business, nothing more. All they'll want in is a man happy to pick up his over-inflated paycheck, accept players hei s given, develop them and farm them out for an inflated price a few years later.

There is no good manager who in their right mind would take this job, no manager who will make up for our loss and no self-respecting man who would put up with a board like ours. It's going to be a puppet.

wouldn´t mind us being the new arsenal or ajax. like the concept of playing the same system / formation through out the ranks( don´t know if we all ready do, but it would surprice me if we did, considered all the different managers we had). Then we can buy young players like wenger and they (youth players) will all know their role and position and be confident when they are promoted to the first team. nothing better then developing your own players :smug:

i think and hope this is what ashley actually wants....if he stays?

it will take time which i dont mind...but the organisation needs to do it right but im afraid what we have now ain´t good enough...wise ect.

the appointment of the new manager is so very very important...if they do wrong there im not sure i can take any more :-[

Deschamps would make sense. To be honest, there's an argument that he would have made more sense than bringing Keegan back in January.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7599539.stm

Newcastle begin hunt for new boss 

Newcastle have begun their search for a sixth manager in four years after the resignation of Kevin Keegan.

Everton boss David Moyes and former Juventus coach Didier Deschamps are among the names being considered, BBC 5 Live's Jonathan Legard understands.

Moyes was previously mentioned as a possible successor to Sam Allardyce when he left Newcastle in January.

Deschamps, a former Chelsea team-mate of Magpies executive director Dennis Wise, is available at present.

But Legard believes a link-up between Wise and another former Chelsea team-mate, Gus Poyet - currently assistant manager at Tottenham and the bookmakers' early favourite for the job - is not on the cards.

Keegan confirmed he was leaving St James' Park on Thursday evening after days of speculation about his future.

It leaves Magpies owner Mike Ashley looking for his third manager since taking over in June 2007 - and the club's eighth in 11 years since Keegan's first reign ended in 1997.

Moyes, who has yet to sign a new contract with Everton, was among those considered before Keegan returned to St James' Park in January.

Legard said: "Sources in the North-East claim Moyes' name is again in the frame, particularly as his new Everton contract remains unsigned, although I am told that is set to change imminently.

"Whether Moyes would want to work in tandem with Newcastle's director of football Dennis Wise is another matter.

"And whatever his frustrations with Everton's transfer budget, he'll have seen that Newcastle's recent spending power has been flyweight by comparison."

MAGPIES' MANAGERIAL TURNOVER

Kevin Keegan: 02/92-01/97

Kenny Dalglish: 01/97-08/98

Ruud Gullit: 08/98-08/99

Sir Bobby Robson: 09/99-08/04

Graeme Souness: 09/04-02/06

Glenn Roeder: 02/06-05/07

Sam Allardyce: 05/07-01/08

Kevin Keegan: 01/08-09/08

Deschamps, who has also coached Monaco and has previously declared his interest in a job in the Premier League, would fit the club's continental coaching structure.

"Significantly, he's readily available and keen to work in the Premier League," Legard added.

Keegan said his lack of control over Newcastle's transfer policy club had been a key factor in his departure and Richard Bevan, chief executive of the League Managers' Association, told BBC Radio 4 the Magpies had to resolve this issue.

"You can't have an orchestra with three conductors. You won't be very successful and people will leave," he said.

"The director of football issue is broad one.

"If you are going to work with a director of football, what's really important is not whether or not you have one person in charge or not but there is a common purpose and a shared vision and a structure where the manager can actually flourish."

Former England star Keegan took the Magpies to within a whisker of the Premier League title in 1996 and remains a popular figure among supporters.

About 200 angry fans gathered outside St James' Park on Thursday to protest after hearing of his departure, and some were seen scaling the walls attempting to get into the ground. Since the end of Keegan's first spell as boss, six other men have tried to bring a trophy to Newcastle.

Only Sir Bobby Robson, who spent five years at the helm between September 1999 and August 2004, has come close to winning significant silverware.

Robson's side finished fourth, third and fifth in successive seasons and reached the second phase of the Champions League, and the semi-finals of the Uefa and FA Cups.

Kenny Dalglish and Ruud Gullit both guided their teams to FA Cup final defeats, while under Glenn Roeder, they won the derided Intertoto Cup.

But no Newcastle manager has landed meaningful silverware since Joe Harvey's men were victorious in the Fairs Cup in 1969.

Everton boss David Moyes and former Juventus coach Didier Deschamps are among the names being considered, BBC 5 Live's Jonathan Legard understands.

For the 4-5 hours before Keegan returned, Deschamps looked like the one who was coming in. I remember a quote the same morning saying he'd come. Think he will this time.

Don't fool yourselves, it's going to be Wise/Poyet. This week has showed a) how much power the board has and b) how little the fans needs matter. This is club is being run as a business, nothing more. All they'll want in is a man happy to pick up his over-inflated paycheck, accept players hei s given, develop them and farm them out for an inflated price a few years later.

There is no good manager who in their right mind would take this job, no manager who will make up for our loss and no self-respecting man who would put up with a board like ours. It's going to be a puppet.

:undecided:

:undecided:

This is my biggest fear. I hope it's not the case, but if we turn into a low-rent Arsenal, bringing youth players through without the lure of the capital / recent history Arsenal have so getting slightly worse players, then selling them on i'll be gutted. Not sure i could take us being turned into some kind of football farm. As i say though, i'm hoping that's not the case.