Who Do You Want As Keegan's Replacement?

Tooj

Guest northwestmag1892

There's only one choice for me.

Shearer

With KK in charge I felt proud to support Newcastle. Shearer is the only other man who could bring that pride.

If it was impossible to get Shearer, I suppose at a push the next best options would be Bilic or Deschamps.

Unfortunately this is the opinion of the bulk of the people porporting to be toon fans. This is what the mongs who Sky Sports are apt at picking out will tell the nation we want.

Do you mind! That happens to be my honest opinion, and I am far from a mong (as you put it). The majority of my friends want it too (and not one of them wears Kappa tracksuits!!  :lol:). This club, with the events of the last couple of days, is fast loosing any local identity, and Shearer would at least fill part of the gap left by Keegan.

Have you ever thought that the reason it is portrayed that people want Shearer to be manager, is because the majority actually do.

Majority of 16 year olds...

Or 23-27 year olds in my and my friends case.

Take the shame even more then

Apparently already tapped up are:

Marcelino Garcia Toral

Miguel Angel Lotina

Juanma Lilo

..with Toral the favourite.

Apparently as in the papers?

Apparently, as in a little nudge I've had this evening from someone who should have a decent insight.

I see, I seem to remember you being well informed about things actually so I'll take your work for it.

Who is the bottom one btw? Can't find him on google.

Real Sociedad...

So have they enquired about them already or is this their shortlist?

I'm led to believe enquiries have been made, particularly with Marcelino Toral who was sounded out as early as the summer. It's starting to strike me that they only ever saw KK as an Avram-type stop gap which makes this whole thing even more disgraceful.

Marcelino Garcia Toral

Miguel Angel Lotina

Juanma Lilo

Apparently, as in a little nudge I've had this evening from someone who should have a decent insight.

I see, I seem to remember you being well informed about things actually so I'll take your work for it.

Real Sociedad...

I'm led to believe enquiries have been made, particularly with Marcelino Toral who was sounded out as early as the summer. It's starting to strike me that they only ever saw KK as an Avram-type stop gap which makes this whole thing even more disgraceful.

There's quotes kicking around on here from Marcelinho saying he was approached in the Summer but doesn't want to leave because of his son's studies, after Zaragoza sold Aimar, Garcia and Milito and if the money is right he might be tempted to change his mind.

Marcelino Garcia Toral

Miguel Angel Lotina

Juanma Lilo

Real Sociedad...

If they'd wanted to shunt KK aside they'd have picked a nobody like Avram Grant, not a local hero. Let's be sensible.

Marcelino Garcia Toral

Miguel Angel Lotina

Juanma Lilo

Real Sociedad...

There's quotes kicking around on here from Marcelinho saying he was approached in the Summer but doesn't want to leave because of his son's studies, after Zaragoza sold Aimar, Garcia and Milito and if the money is right he might be tempted to change his mind.

I'd take all of those names with a huge pinch of salt. The club know that they've fucked up big time, and there are two ways that they'll be able to get the fans back onside:

- Hire another local hero (Shearer)

- Hire a proven foreign manager (Hiddink, Bilic, Deschamps etc).

Ashley would be an idiot to go for Shearer after what's just happened.

Bilic: no chance, he's committed to Croatia till the WC.

Shearer: no chance, after having enraged a city by falling out with one local hero, Ashley would be off his head to risk hiring another.

He's also earning £150k a year with Croatia apparently, less than most premiership managers earn in a month probably. Also, I'm pretty sure that I saw an article quoting him as saying he'd like to do a club job, maybe as well as the Croatia job, although the impression I got was that he'd take a club job if offered even if he had to choose one or the other. This is a vague memory, so it might be wrong like.

Bilic that is, not Shearer.

Guest Guinness

I think Ashley will try for Shearer to appease the fans and he'll fail, I can't imagine why he'd come here under these circumstances. Will probably end up being some Spanish unknown or Poyet to happily settle for the set up at the club.

I'm really starting to warm to the idea of Terry Venables as manager...and maybe instead of the Local Hero theme we could have the team coming onto the tune of "Only Fools & Horses".

*Stick a pony in yer pocket

I'll fetch my suitcase from the bank..."

Shearer is not stupid, he won't come manage us, would you if you had any brain, hell no

what do you have to look forward to as a manager of NUFC, getting fired, getting no backing by the board, players sold behind you back.

I'm really starting to warm to the idea of Terry Venables as manager...and maybe instead of the Local Hero theme we could have the team coming onto the tune of "Only Fools & Horses".

:lol:

shame on me, i've been sticking up for the cockney spivs.

Do you think Terry Mac could pass as Mickey Pearce?

Guest northwestmag1892

Shearer

With KK in charge I felt proud to support Newcastle. Shearer is the only other man who could bring that pride.

If it was impossible to get Shearer, I suppose at a push the next best options would be Bilic or Deschamps.

Unfortunately this is the opinion of the bulk of the people porporting to be toon fans. This is what the mongs who Sky Sports are apt at picking out will tell the nation we want.

Do you mind! That happens to be my honest opinion, and I am far from a mong (as you put it). The majority of my friends want it too (and not one of them wears Kappa tracksuits!!  :lol:). This club, with the events of the last couple of days, is fast loosing any local identity, and Shearer would at least fill part of the gap left by Keegan.

Have you ever thought that the reason it is portrayed that people want Shearer to be manager, is because the majority actually do.

Majority of 16 year olds...

Or 23-27 year olds in my and my friends case.

Take the shame even more then

Are you trying to come across as a knobhead, or is this completely by accident?

I apologise. I didn't realise I wasn't allowed an honest opinion on what I believe to be best for the club I've supported all my life, and the club that I pay to watch (on average) 32 games a year (based on the last 7 years). 

My opinion is that I want my club to at least have a bit of local pride, and Shearer would make an excellent NUFC manager. KK didn't need the experience first time round. He just needed the passion for the job. Shearer would bring that.

No, but since you mention me as a knobhead then there's really no need to be insulting. Let's not compare years or games of support as there is no need and is irrelevant.

Shearer may as you say have pride but I fear his lust right now is in the media rather than management. Maybe I am wrong though.

Might as well make it Shearer.

If we don't make it him, there'll forever be a shadow lingering over whoever takes the job.

If we take him and he makes it, yeah, great, we'll have a manager that will be us for a long time, loves the club, and that the fans love.

If he fails, we'll still love him, and there will no longer be that shadow.

Guest optimistic nit

Shearer

don't remember back as far as freddy shepheard. it was his desire to have a local manager that landed us with roeder (well that and listening to the fans). we need to select someone competant, with experience, shearer would be an absolute disaster.

hasn't this keegan thing shown what can happen if you appoint people who are already folk heroes to managerial positions. if it doesn't work out, there is bedlam.

there would not be nearly as much uproar now if it wasn't keegan getting the sack. we should stay away from folk heroes.

we need to select our next manager on qualities more than "being from newcastle" thats the narrow minded viewpoint that got shepheard so hated first time round.

thats not to say i think keegan is in the wrong with this, he should have had full control, that he wasn't given this, and after 2 days wasn't assured of it still are scandalous, but its not keegan losing his job that makes me think we're in for a shit next few years, its the reactions of the fans. if we don't get keegan back after all this protesting, we're up shits creek.

Putting aside the fact that no bugger will want to come here to be a yes man, whilst he's a long shot due to our last few finishes I would love to see Hiddink here. As the opening post said though, it hurts even having to ponder who it will be or who we'd want because Keegan should still be here.