Who Do You Want As Keegan's Replacement?

Tooj

Is it just me that has a sense that Mike Ashley has had someone waiting in the wings ever since he took over the club.

Why didnt he bring him in last time then?

For that I havent got an answer. Just have a feeling and think that one of the best candidates for the job is someone who knew this position was going to be coming up sometime in the near future and was fully aware of the set up.

I know I am being very cynical towards Ashley and its unfair.

Will be difficult to get Marcelino as he has joined Zaragoza this summer.

One name missing at the bookies is Gianfranco Zola. We have offered him a job before, and if his management matched his playing style we'd be in for a treat.

There's only one choice for me.

Shearer

With KK in charge I felt proud to support Newcastle. Shearer is the only other man who could bring that pride.

If it was impossible to get Shearer, I suppose at a push the next best options would be Bilic or Deschamps.

Unfortunately this is the opinion of the bulk of the people porporting to be toon fans. This is what the mongs who Sky Sports are apt at picking out will tell the nation we want.

People mention a Spaniard, how would people feel about Roberto Martinez. I am not too sure he would be the right guy but he has done a excellent job at Swansea and plays really good football. However, he has had a lot of control over comings and goings at Swansea, so not too sure he would take to kindly to that little runt Wise sticking his two cents in.

He's a bit of a legend and hero down here to boot.

He will manage (and do a good job) in either the Premier League or La Liga in the near future.

I suppose alot will write him off being a "lower league" manager. But he has done a top notch job. According to the talk down here in Swansea he has very good contacts in Spain as well, hence why he has been able to bring in  very good players from Spain.

He is a very intelligent Manager but as I said I just can't see him being anyones puppet. For him to leave the Liberty Stadium I think it would have to be an attractive offer, and Newcastle doesn't look very attractive at the moment.

Not sure about this one myself but what about Gianfranco Zola? I read on the CUMB site that he was a candidate for the West Ham job. I think he might be the ideal choice if Ashley chooses to stick with Dennis Wise as Executive Director (Football).

Why not Nobby Solano?

Hasn't finished his badges.

If we are going the old player route why not Gary Speed or Ketsy.

Guest Howaythetoon

Come on people, nothing short of a world-class manager would be viewed by fans as worthy and even then such a manager will find it tough. Not that it matters because no self-respecting manager good or bad would touch us right now so we'll be left with Wise and whoever or someone like Venables or Graham until the summer. I really fear for us now.

There's only one choice for me.

Shearer

With KK in charge I felt proud to support Newcastle. Shearer is the only other man who could bring that pride.

If it was impossible to get Shearer, I suppose at a push the next best options would be Bilic or Deschamps.

Unfortunately this is the opinion of the bulk of the people porporting to be toon fans. This is what the mongs who Sky Sports are apt at picking out will tell the nation we want.

Moyes would be Allardyce all over again.  The fans wouldn't support him, and at the first sign of a boring 0-0 he would be booed.  In fact, much better candidates than Moyes are going to run the risk of getting booed.  You need someone who has enough character or reputation with the supporters to stop the revolt that is probably going to happen otherwise.

Guest elbee909

i want keegan as keegans replacement to come in whe ashley fucks off ...

i can dream

Directly copying my post, but great minds and all that.

Guest alexharrisonnufc

This guy might be interested...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/fi/9/9c/Turhapuro_kaksoisagentti_uuno.JPG

What experience has Luke Chadwick got though?

Made me chuckle

People mention a Spaniard, how would people feel about Roberto Martinez. I am not too sure he would be the right guy but he has done a excellent job at Swansea and plays really good football. However, he has had a lot of control over comings and goings at Swansea, so not too sure he would take to kindly to that little runt Wise sticking his two cents in.

He will manage (and do a good job) in either the Premier League or La Liga in the near future.

I suppose alot will write him off being a "lower league" manager. But he has done a top notch job. According to the talk down here in Swansea he has very good contacts in Spain as well, hence why he has been able to bring in  very good players from Spain.

He is a very intelligent Manager but as I said I just can't see him being anyones puppet. For him to leave the Liberty Stadium I think it would have to be an attractive offer, and Newcastle doesn't look very attractive at the moment.

Are you 'in' Swansea or around it?

Live near Llanelli myself

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2006/10/venables111006_596x700.jpg

Think about it...

Likes Dennis Wise

Is a Cockney Caaaaant himself

Has managed in Spain

Heavy duty Spurs, Leeds & Chelsea connections (like Wise & Ashley)

Looking for work

Could be the only option left to Ashley.

(*EDIT: NOT saying I want him either, just think it's pretty plausible Ashley could be thinking this way)

Are you 'in' Swansea or around it?

Live near Llanelli myself

Right in the heart of it mate. Penlan, not too far from the stadium actually.