Who Do You Want As Keegan's Replacement?

Tooj

Would Poyet even take the job? I'm not sure

He's having a key role at Tottenham, in charge of a lot of the training set up and as a young coach learning from an excellent experienced manager.

It'd be a killer for his career at this point to go to Newcastle and be a failure.

your kidding arent you? Manager of Newcastle with his best mate upstairs? His first full time managers position being a premiership club with some top top players.

i know a lot of people would knock it back, but not the likes of Poyet.

With 52000 locals calling for his blood before he set foot in the place?  I don't know that he doesn't want it, but I would be surprised if he did.  There's no whispers going around that Poyet has been offered it or that he would want it if it was.  The only rumour circulating currently is that Wet Spam could soon be near identical to Man City.  The Bingo Club awash with money?  Doesn't bear thinking about!

Nailed on Poyet as Manager now then. Cheers :)

Guest Heneage

Claudio Cesare Prandelli

No need to shout. Can he speak spanish though?

As an Italian he would be able to pick it up rather quickly.

I seem to remember you follow the Serie A a bit more then most here, Prandelli is one of the most rated managers in the leauge over there and Fiorentina is one of the most entertaining teams too.

Even Dr. Moratti has said that one of his favourite managers is Prandelli.

Fiorentina has become my "second team" in Italy, they have battled their back to the Serie A from Serie C with some fantastic football.

Wouldnt mind him coming here, but seems far of as Fiorentina heading for the Champions League.

Yes Fiore is very much on the up, as you probably know they were relegated right down a few years ago for money troubles but battled back up, they are a good solid side, with players they have and or are turning around, the likes of Mutu Gilardino, Pazzini a side very strong in the attack. They are suspect centrally in defence, but Vargas from catania is a very good signing, Im a Gamberini fan but hes not The Azzuris best CB yet, nor will he ever be first choice in my opinion. No way they'll challenge due to lack of depth really, but still a damn good side, mainly in part due to Prandelli, and hes good motivation much like Keegan.

The more I think about it the more I think Laudrup might be the best option.

He is a big name because of the footballer he was, and everyone will at least know of him.

He was a glorius attacking player and therefore sets his teams up to play very good attacking football.

He has enjoyed success as a manager and does appear to be highly rated.

He is very familiar with Spanish football and the whole setup, having played there and also managed there.

I imagine he would therefore speak Spanish as well, and I assume he speaks English also.

He also, according to wiki (gulp) believed in giving youth a chance and bringin them through.

If not Micky Laudrup, then Marcelino looks to be a good option.

Then Deschamps next.

He is a big name because of the footballer he was, and everyone will at least know of him.

He was a glorius attacking player and therefore sets his teams up to play very good attacking football.

He is very familiar with Spanish football and the whole setup, having played there and also managed there.

I imagine he would therefore speak Spanish as well, and I assume he speaks English also.

He also, according to wiki (gulp) believed in giving youth a chance and bringin them through.

Then Deschamps next.

After calming down from yesterday, I came to pretty much the same conclusion as you.  They'd be my three picks.

On an unrelated note, does it annoy anyone else when David Craig starts forgetting to pronounce his t's?

Then Deschamps next.

After calming down from yesterday, I came to pretty much the same conclusion as you.  They'd be my three picks.

On an unrelated note, does it annoy anyone else when David Craig starts forgetting to pronounce his t's?

Aye. "Re-re-wind, the crowd say Bo Seleca" just isn't the same.

Considering that Ashley has chosen the management team to handle transfer instead of manager, what we really need is a tactically talented manager. 

Any renowned tactical genius available in the market?

Oh ... well that doesn't sound great re. Laudrup.

Where's Jol? How legitimate are these Fatih Terim rumours? And what is the rumour exactly?

Is he the one interested? Is he under consideration? Or is he already set to take over? Whats the deal?

He'd bring Arda in with him as a pressie so that would please some folks  :razz:

Laudrup almost got Getafe relagated and basically told his players to f*** off after Bayern, no thanks.

judging by reports I`ve read regarding Laudrup he did pretty damn well at Getafe and likes to play attacking football. He did sign Ruben De La Red and Esteban Granero too who were massive successes . Finishing 14th aint bad for a small team with a limited budget like Getafe

here`s a snippet

Laudrup took over Getafe following Bernd Schuster's move to champions Real Madrid and, after a difficult start, the former Denmark international led the club to one of their best-ever seasons.

In the club's first season into Europe, Getafe reached the UEFA Cup quarter-finals before losing in heart-breaking circumstances to Bayern Munich, while they also reached their second successive Copa del Rey final before losing to Valencia.

with getafe wont they have low expectations if he joins us he will have sky high expectations coulod he cope with that?

being a former player of some of the worlds biggest teams in Real Madrid, Barca and Juve helps. The reason he left Getafe was because he was after a big job with big expectations

Im just gutted been out on the Belgian coast last two days and got a phone call from a mate, telling me about keegan. Im just thoroughly heart broken by these events i just cant believe it.

Only thing that would make me happy was if we could just Ashley could just F**** off and we could get a new owner and keegan with shearer at the helm!

Im just gutted so really only person i would consider to take this position right now is Shearer but wouldn't be dissapointed with either Laudrup or Dechamps

Do people actually want Shearer? Yes, iconic, one of the most popular men in NUFC's history... but do you seriously think he'd do a good job? "Knowing the club" and "having the respect of the players" doesn't cut it 99% of the time. He needs experience.

As a no.2, perhaps.

Do people actually want Shearer? Yes, iconic, one of the most popular men in NUFC's history... but do you seriously think he'd do a good job? "Knowing the club" and "having the respect of the players" doesn't cut it 99% of the time. He needs experience.

As a no.2, perhaps.

This isn't 99% of the time, this is a club in an exceptionally shit situation.  Winning over the players and the fans will be the first priority of the next manager.  I'd take a chance on his actual managerial abilities for now.  I certainly don't buy this argument that all managers should have to work their way up from League 2 in order to prove themselves.