Who Do You Want As Keegan's Replacement?

Tooj

Do people actually want Shearer? Yes, iconic, one of the most popular men in NUFC's history... but do you seriously think he'd do a good job? "Knowing the club" and "having the respect of the players" doesn't cut it 99% of the time. He needs experience.

As a no.2, perhaps.

Keegan didn't need experience first time round.

I think we need some local identity back, and I'd be proud if Shearer was our manager. And to be honest, I think he'd do the job well.

I'm not saying it'd be a disaster... just a huge huge risk.

If it pays off though, drinks all round.

Do people actually want Shearer? Yes, iconic, one of the most popular men in NUFC's history... but do you seriously think he'd do a good job? "Knowing the club" and "having the respect of the players" doesn't cut it 99% of the time. He needs experience.

As a no.2, perhaps.

I think we need some local identity back

not many other geordies about other than him and Steve Bruce (plastic)managerial wise

I want the Special One :haha:

or the Messiah...one or the other would be fine.

If not, Marcelino has done good things with Santander.

Mancini is linked with West Ham - and he has pedigree. I wouldnt' mind either of those two. Mancini has a bit of class and would command respect with the players (and fans hopefully) I reckon.

Mancini is linked with West Ham - and he has pedigree. I wouldnt' mind either of those two. Mancini has a bit of class and would command respect with the players (and fans hopefully) I reckon.

plus he`s used to having people buying players without his authority. Massimo Moratti the inter chairman is quite well known for that I`ve heard

Oh ... well that doesn't sound great re. Laudrup.

Where's Jol? How legitimate are these Fatih Terim rumours? And what is the rumour exactly?

Is he the one interested? Is he under consideration? Or is he already set to take over? Whats the deal?

He'd bring Arda in with him as a pressie so that would please some folks  :razz:

How legit?  No idea tbh.  I've been told by someone who's a mate of Paul Kemsley that Newcastle are seriously interested in appointing Fatih Terim.  And that is about it.  Don't know if he is your #1 choice or whether he is at all interested in taking over, but if he says that Newcastle are interested, then I believe that, hence my £20.

FWIW, I don't think Newcastle under the current regime deserve a good manager.  How they treated KK is about as shabby as it gets.

Laudrup almost got Getafe relagated and basically told his players to f*** off after Bayern, no thanks.

judging by reports I`ve read regarding Laudrup he did pretty damn well at Getafe and likes to play attacking football. He did sign Ruben De La Red and Esteban Granero too who were massive successes . Finishing 14th aint bad for a small team with a limited budget like Getafe

here`s a snippet

Laudrup took over Getafe following Bernd Schuster's move to champions Real Madrid and, after a difficult start, the former Denmark international led the club to one of their best-ever seasons.

In the club's first season into Europe, Getafe reached the UEFA Cup quarter-finals before losing in heart-breaking circumstances to Bayern Munich, while they also reached their second successive Copa del Rey final before losing to Valencia.

Nice ...

I'm liking Laudrup as the number one option.

I guess one of the good things about the next hire is that it will be someone familiar with exactly how everything works, as there can be nothing left to chance after this disaster.

If Ashley drags his heals then Mancini or Rijkaard we will get Poyet or Moyes

The first two would not come here even if we weren't in a mess right now.

Don't you think I know that? I'm saying who I want, the club can go fuck themselves.    :lol:

Where's Jol? How legitimate are these Fatih Terim rumours? And what is the rumour exactly?

Is he the one interested? Is he under consideration? Or is he already set to take over? Whats the deal?

He'd bring Arda in with him as a pressie so that would please some folks  :razz:

How legit?  No idea tbh.  I've been told by someone who's a mate of Paul Kemsley that Newcastle are seriously interested in appointing Fatih Terim.  And that is about it.  Don't know if he is your #1 choice or whether he is at all interested in taking over, but if he says that Newcastle are interested, then I believe that, hence my £20.

FWIW, I don't think Newcastle under the current regime deserve a good manager.  How they treated KK is about as shabby as it gets.

Cheers for the info.

Regarding your last point, Newcastle always deserve a good manager because the fans deserve one, thank you very much.

We can't exacltly help who is in charge of our club, so why should we suffer for it? Besides I am of the opinion that KK wasn't totally blameless in all of this, but we've moved on from that anyway.

In a way I could see why they might want someone like Terim. He has a ridiculously strong presence and personality, and would be able to deal with the current climate. He would also be able to pull the players together and get them re-focused quite quickly.

We shall see I suppose.

If the new set-up is continued will a manager even need to be employed? Looks to me if this DOF crap continues all we need is a head coach.

With a DoF in place, you're right, all you need is a head coach.  It shouldn't stop the two talking and agreeing on the players to be brought in though and that seemed to be the factor missing with KK and DW.  KK produced a list of options and the midget didn't want to know.

I'm assuming in your view then Spurs deserved Howard fecking Wilkinson after what they did to your namesake?

:lol:

How could I forget!

The trewatment of Martin Jol was so much worse.

They were openly courtinfg his successor while the guy was still in a job.

Didn't you also claim they weren't giving him the players he wanted, but also buying ones he didn't want?

The nerve of you, honestly  :lol:

Cheers for the info.

Regarding your last point, Newcastle always deserve a good manager because the fans deserve one, thank you very much.

We can't exacltly help who is in charge of our club, so why should we suffer for it? Besides I am of the opinion that KK wasn't totally blameless in all of this, but we've moved on from that anyway.

In a way I could see why they might want someone like Terim. He has a ridiculously strong presence and personality, and would be able to deal with the current climate. He would also be able to pull the players together and get them re-focused quite quickly.

We shall see I suppose.

OK, I'll put it another way.  The fans deserve better than what they've got.  From where I am, I get the impression that KK has been very reasonable in all this.  I won't argue if you think he's not blameless, you're far closer than I am.

To make us a little excited Frank Rijkard.....

Never really been convinced by Rijkaard.

Don't think the fans will be drawn to his dark, moody personality.

He also wasn't that impressive without Hank Ten Cate.

Not sure about him.

Guest LucaAltieri

It needs to be someone who is used to having their hands tied somewhat... their role will essentially be that of first team coach with the current setup. For that reason I really do think Avram Grant wouldn't be a bad appointment.

Failing that, some Serie A legend.

predictions who do you think we will get and a time scale for appointment

I think Deschamps in two weeks

I'd like Deschamps myself. I remember getting pretty excited last time, when Keegan came instead.

I reckon it'll still be McDermott in two weeks like.