Who Do You Want As Keegan's Replacement?

Tooj

I respect Wenger and Fergie, but they are bound to stick up for a fellow manager above a businessman they've never met, and they don't know what really went on any more than we do.

My preffered situation would be for them to keep their beaks out.

This is the sort of comment that makes other clubs' fans think that NUFC supporters have ideas above their station...Wenger and Ferguson's opinions carry a great deal more weight(justifiably)than this sort of remark on a fans' website.

It also smacks of arrogance - despite disagreeing with your views, I still acknowledge that you are entitled to them , so it is a bit silly to say that these 2 top managers should 'keep their beaks out'..

In fact, such a comment could even be construed by some as being from a Board Ally.......!

I respect Wenger and Fergie, but they are bound to stick up for a fellow manager above a businessman they've never met, and they don't know what really went on any more than we do.

This is the sort of comment that makes other clubs' fans think that NUFC supporters have ideas above their station...Wenger and Ferguson's opinions carry a great deal more weight(justifiably)than this sort of remark on a fans' website.

It also smacks of arrogance - despite disagreeing with your views, I still acknowledge that you are entitled to them , so it is a bit silly to say that these 2 top managers should 'keep their beaks out'..

In fact, such a comment could even be construed by some as being from a Board Ally.......!

So do you think Ferguson was right when he said we should have stuck by Allardyce instead of sacking him?

So do you think Ferguson was right when he said we should have stuck by Allardyce instead of sacking him?

What has Allardyce got to do with Keegan ? There is absolutely NO comparison between the performances of the two managers either on OR off the field and that applies to both mens' previous stints at other clubs. What is more, Allardyce is a known friend of Fergie whereas KK is not as close, so Fergie's comments about KK are even more relevant...

Do YOU think Wenger was also wrong? He never mentioned Allardyce's sacking, but he HAS commented about KK's.

Truth is, you have basically lost the argument about whether KK should have left because of Board interference ; you believe in the so-called 'Continental' system which seems to be Ashley & Llambias' preferred option, whereas Wenger & Ferguson clearly don't - despite attempts by Ashley & Co to dress it up as an 'Arsenal' system.

What has Allardyce got to do with Keegan ? There is absolutely NO comparison between the performances of the two managers either on OR off the field and that applies to both mens' previous stints at other clubs. What is more, Allardyce is a known friend of Fergie whereas KK is not as close, so Fergie's comments about KK are even more relevant...

Do YOU think Wenger was also wrong? He never mentioned Allardyce's sacking, but he HAS commented about KK's.

Truth is, you have basically lost the argument about whether KK should have left because of Board interference ; you believe in the so-called 'Continental' system which seems to be Ashley & Llambias' preferred option, whereas Wenger & Ferguson clearly don't - despite attempts by Ashley & Co to dress it up as an 'Arsenal' system.

My point is that you think Ferguson's comment carry a great deal of weight, which funnily enough seems to be when they agree with your point of view.

If we had a manager as good as either then I'd agree with them, since we've got no chance of getting one anywhere near as good then I'm happy to stick with our system.

Dude :lol:

Just to clarify, I'm definitely not suggesting that I know more about football then Ferguson or Wenger. And, as you say, I don't think my views 'have more weight', whatever that means. This is all about opinions though isn't it?

All I'm saying is that is what I would expect fellow managers to say, they will always come out and support one of their own. And in terms of commenting on the situation at Newcastle, yes I would prefer if they minded their own business.

Not sure what 'board ally' means, but I've agued the case sympathetically for Ashley at times, so I think my views are out there.

Just to clarify, I'm definitely not suggesting that I know more about football then Ferguson or Wenger. And, as you say, I don't think my views 'have more weight', whatever that means. This is all about opinions though isn't it?

All I'm saying is that is what I would expect fellow managers to say, they will always come out and support one of their own. And in terms of commenting on the situation at Newcastle, yes I would prefer if they minded their own business.

Not sure what 'board ally' means, but I've agued the case sympathetically for Ashley at times, so I think my views are out there.

Sympathetically? No, I'd say you've been more of an ashley and wise arse lick from the outset. As this is an opionion forum as you point out, thats my opinion.

Sympathetically? No, I'd say you've been more of an ashley and wise arse lick from the outset. As this is an opionion forum as you point out, thats my opinion.

Well you come across as either a 12yr old, or a mentally challenged adult, but then it's all about opinon.

Wenger's statement was about as damning as you could get of the system in place at SJP, bearing in mind he is part of the Arsenal system that Ashley claims to be trying to run this club on.

Hold on- i thought the arsenal system we were trying to adopt was the investemtn in youth and making them stars not the actual structure. System which seemed to be going well so far.

The way i see it is a hybrid of the Arsenal/Spurs structure and sytem.

So whats the chances of hearing anything from the club this weekend to give us an update on how the selection process for the new manager is going ?

What's the chances of hearing anything first hand from the club?  Except, of course, all those informative puff pieces on the website about how thrilled Bassong is to be here, how Barton gives balloons to sick children etc.  I would say about the same  as our chances of doing the double this year.

My point is that you think Ferguson's comment carry a great deal of weight, which funnily enough seems to be when they agree with your point of view.

If we had a manager as good as either then I'd agree with them, since we've got no chance of getting one anywhere near as good then I'm happy to stick with our system.

Your logic just doesn't add up - you say that because we haven't got a manager like Ferguson or Wenger, you want to 'stick with the system' ; 'The System' has NOT been proven to work in the Prem - do you think Aston Villa, for example, would wish to adopt 'The system' because they don't employ Fergie or Wenger?

Absolutely NOT - they are in 4th place(a position most clubs in the Prem would die for), have stability, a good young side, have just signed one of our young players(who I predict will go on to win things with them), and have made steady and satisfactory progress since O'Neill took over 2 years ago....

Would you turn down the chance of having a manager who has achieved this sort of progress just because he wanted to buy & sell his own players? Don't tell me that the vast majority of NUFC fans wouldn't rather have O'Neill as manager , making his OWN decisions about players than some Continental Coach who they haven't heard of, because I just wouldn't believe it.

If a new buyer was to take the club over and couldn't get KK back, you can bet your life that most fans would jump at the chance of getting MON - IF he was mad enough to accept such an offer.

Fans are NOT interested in 'Systems' - they want a successful manager who makes decisions about his own staff - AND some stability at the club ; without that, nothing and no-one will succeed.

Your logic just doesn't add up - you say that because we haven't got a manager like Ferguson or Wenger, you want to 'stick with the system' ; 'The System' has NOT been proven to work in the Prem - do you think Aston Villa, for example, would wish to adopt 'The system' because they don't employ Fergie or Wenger?

Absolutely NOT - they are in 4th place(a position most clubs in the Prem would die for), have stability, a good young side, have just signed one of our young players(who I predict will go on to win things with them), and have made steady and satisfactory progress since O'Neill took over 2 years ago....

Would you turn down the chance of having a manager who has achieved this sort of progress just because he wanted to buy & sell his own players? Don't tell me that the vast majority of NUFC fans wouldn't rather have O'Neill as manager , making his OWN decisions about players than some Continental Coach who they haven't heard of, because I just wouldn't believe it.

If a new buyer was to take the club over and couldn't get KK back, you can bet your life that most fans would jump at the chance of getting MON - IF he was mad enough to accept such an offer.

Fans are NOT interested in 'Systems' - they want a successful manager who makes decisions about his own staff - AND some stability at the club ; without that, nothing and no-one will succeed.

They don't actually, they want a successful team and don't really give a shit how that comes about.

Wenger's statement was about as damning as you could get of the system in place at SJP, bearing in mind he is part of the Arsenal system that Ashley claims to be trying to run this club on.

Hold on- i thought the arsenal system we were trying to adopt was the investemtn in youth and making them stars not the actual structure. System which seemed to be going well so far.

The way i see it is a hybrid of the Arsenal/Spurs structure and sytem.

But that isn't a system really, its just buying some young talented players and trying to develop them, which most clubs do, its only part of an overall system/structure.  He keeps talking about the Arsenal system, but in fact what he was trying to do wasn't really like their system.  Its just the easy option to keep pointing at Arsenal and saying "Look that's what we're trying to do".

Surely if Ashley can't sell quickly, he's got to appoint a decent manager to at least protect his investment? I mean, from his perspective there's really no point to appoint someone if there's a real possibility of getting a deal done promptly, but if that's not going to happen it would be foolish, financially, let the club remain in this sad state of affairs.

Dennis Wise will do till we get a new owner. Better than Hughton at any rate.

Richard Money is far better than Wise if we're going down that route.